Beast Mode Activated

Main Quest - Gain Strength

1. Train 4 Days per week at the gym

2. Stick to TKD 

3. Get bodyweight back within my Weight Division for competition

SIDE QUESTS

Have more patience with people.

DECLARE YOUR MOTIVATION

My motivation is to return to competition (Powerlifting) so that I can break the Australian Masters record in Bench Press.

Level: 2
Class: Barbarian Fighter
Race: Dwarf
[strength: 5 | Dexterity: 2 | Stamina: 1 | Constitution: 3 | Wisdom: 2 | Charisma: 1]
First Challenge | Fitocracy Profile |  Battle Log |

Despite being a late starter to the challenge I have had a good 1st week prior to actual official sign up with 4 full body training sessions at the gym, plus completing the Arnold challenge every day.

This Week

Monday 23

Bench Press day at the gym, New PB for single arm chest press (100kg), completed Arnold Challenge

Tues 24

Squat Day at the gym, good volume, no PBs, Completed Arnold Challenge

Wednesday 25 (Today)

Mostly a rest day, Completed Arnold Challenge, 200 pushups

I am determined not to be obsessed over the scales during the challenge and not weigh in until the final day. for anybody who wants to actually look at my workouts they are logged at fitocracy.

[strength: 5 | Dexterity: 2 | Stamina: 1 | Constitution: 3 | Wisdom: 2 | Charisma: 1]

Light Day at the gym, Opted for GVT

Arnold Terrible Ten - 3 X complex for warmup

Bench, Incline Bench, Decline Bench, P Grip pullups, Preacher curls

Full Workout

It was already 30°C this morning when I walked out the door at 9 am

Kids want to Roleplay but it is just to damn hot, I hate school holidays, need to sit down and stock-take my Sports Medicine bag in preparation for work next week.

Main Quest - Gain Strength

1. Train 4 Days per week at the gym

2. Stick to TKD 

3. Get bodyweight back within my Weight Division for competition

SIDE QUESTS

Have more patience with people.

DECLARE YOUR MOTIVATION

My motivation is to return to competition (Powerlifting) so that I can break the Australian Masters record in Bench Press.

what is the TKD?

I'm currently fascinated with the power lifting and have been wondering whether its something I could get good at.. although i know that being tall, heavy and long limbed are 3 big disadvantages..

and can i say OMFG! 100kg single arm?? I am in awe man

| lvl3 | Amazon Warrior |
|str
6|dex1|sta5|con5|wis8|cha2|

| challenges | two | one | 

| mfp | l4dyh4wk |

Targeted Keto Diet

The principle behind this diet is very similar to that of a CKD

you consume carbohydrates right before and after your weight training workouts. This will give your body the energy it needs to lift with a higher volume and at a higher intensity level.

http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the-ketogenic-diet

Keto strips show deep purple tonight :D

As far as powerlifting goes I have short arms, short legs and long torso, which is great for bench (my speciality) and good for squat but my deadlift sucks lol

The biggest obstacle to achieving my ultimate goal is making my weight division because it has changed since I won the Aus bench champ in 2009 prior to my injuries.

Ok, Thursdays are usually high reps lower weight but the DOMS from yesterday is something I haven't felt for a long time, it is Awesome, It looks like GVT is a keeper for light bench day for the next few weeks. BUT it is back day (Deadlift) today so after a short bit of computer time I need to wake up hubby (he has to get one of the cars in to town for servicing) and wake up my youngest son (He has leg day)

Translation - GVT = German Volume Training

https://www.fitocracy.com/entry/27217924/

Deadlift went OK today, but I think next Friday I will turn Deadlift day into a GVT day for back because I am not planning to compete in Deadlift this time around.

I was happy with my Deficit Deadlifts today, completing more reps at the higher weights than usual.

For today's full workout log see link

Managed to get through my early morning Arnold challenge but the pushups were a killer on the DOMS. 

Despite my muscles being used to high reps on pushups and heavy weight for pecs and tris, The GVT for light bench day have given me a killer case of second day DOMS. If it wasn't school holidays I would go and do a recovery session at the pool or the beach, but I don't like crowds much. I will foam roll later and get in some more pushups for active recovery this afternoon.

Feeling good this morning, Not feeling the DOMS any more. Completed the Arnold Challenge routing when I got out of bed.

It Is technically another rest day today but will probably end up taking my youngest to the cricket nets to practice his baseball if it doesn't get to hot. 

Keto Breakfast - Bacon and Eggs, with some cheese if there is any left in the fridge (Doesn't last long with 3 teenage boys). I don't want to do any shopping again till tomorrow.

We need some rain soon otherwise I am going to have to get a tanker to deliver some water and start doing my washing at the laundromat in town :(

Good day, Diet on track, although I would like to look into getting a test machine and strips to measure blood glucose so I can fine tune my carb intake.

Heavy Bench day tomorrow, If I feel as good tomorrow as I do tonight I may try to see if I can equal my PB or even rep it, saving my Arnold routine until after my gym workout.

When I look in the mirror I can see my veins across part of my pecs, anterior delts and a little on my biceps when flexed. As part of my challenge I have chosen not to weight in till the end so that will include getting my caliper measurements taken but I have a feeling that I may need to adjust my lifting belt down a hole in the morning.

Morning Session

Barbell Bench Press:
20 kg x 10 reps 
40 kg x 5 reps 
60 kg x 5 reps 
80 kg x 3 reps 
100 kg x 2 reps 
110 kg x 1 reps 
not happy, failed at 115, only half rep, did not feel comfortable without spotter today. 10 kg under 1RM

Barbell Incline Bench Press:
60 kg x 5 reps 
60 kg x 5 reps 
70 kg x 5 reps 
70 kg x 5 reps  (New PB) Not bad considering my Calcified Rotator Cuff which restricts overhead movements

Decline Barbell Bench Press:
60 kg x 10 reps 
70 kg x 10 reps 
70 kg x 10 reps 

Machine Chest Press:
102.5 kg x 5 reps
102.5 kg x 5 reps 
102.5 kg x 5 reps 
102.5 kg x 5 reps 
Single arm cable chest press

Preacher Curl:
40 kg x 5 reps 
40 kg x 5 reps 
40 kg x 5 reps 
40 kg x 5 reps 

Machine Chest Fly (Pec Deck):
45 kg x 8 reps
45 kg x 8 reps 
45 kg x 8 reps

Arnold's 1% Circuit (Terrible Ten): 30 kg 

Will Do some bodyweight stuff this afternoon.

All booked in to a Professional Development Seminar on the 10th

The webinar will provide some insight into the use of supplements in sport and the roles that sports medicine professionals play in managing supplements programs.

I have researched supplements a fair bit although I am not a big supplement user myself. Anything that will help me manage the supplements programs of athletes I work with more effectively will be a good thing.

This week I also need to keep near my phone because I am expecting a call from the Uni which is doing a study of the use of Drugs in sport.

Squat workout went ok, Happy with working sets at 140 kg, Probably should have gone higher on either volume or weight for the leg press, 10X10 at 500 kg is not enough to give me DOMS.

Had to really concentrate on keeping my core strong and tight for calf raises, I am back at a weight now where I must use a belt.

Finished up with Inverted Rows, I was challenged by my son to do better, completed last set with feet elevated above chest position at the top of the lift. When He done the same I got the comment "I thought you were stronger than me mum" lol teenagers, If only I was as light as he is  :frog:

Still need to fit in some cardio but it is just to damn hot at the moment (32°C) 

totally messed up my diet tonight, hubby purchased fast food and being considerate got me a keto friendly meal BUT when everybody else is eating pizza it is a bit tough. I only ate the topping from one slice of meatlovers but I already have a headache from the carbs in the sauce.

on a more positive note this afternoon i got in some cardio, 2 sets of 100 pushups and spent some time punishing my heavy bag. which gave me enough points to level on fito.

Any workouts I do today will have to be at home, I am out of water in our tanks (ran out two days ago) and a tanker should arrive sometime today. I am not sure if we are drought declared yet but most of the state is.

There is a new Arnold challenge routine released this month. It is a DB complex so I will see how heavy I can go, it is mostly upper body with a moderate rep scheme.

Arnold DB Complex completed in home workout area, Diet was not so good, need to go shopping for meat tomorrow, only had carby food in the pantry (for the rest of the family) and could not go out, but at least I now have water so the toilet can flush without carrying buckets of water up from the dam and I can have a shower without going to the gym :D

Tomorrow I have GVT again, it may not directly assist my goal of max strength gains but it should build hypertrophy which will aid max strength gains in the next 6 week training phase.

I like pushing for max lifts but sometimes the volume is needed

Finding it hard to keep away from the scales but so far so good but my belt is still 2 holes more than it was 2 months ago so progress is slow here, need to do better with the diet.

Your work outs sound exhausting and I am in awe of how many push-ups you can do. I might have to take a nap now after catching up with this thread.

Keep up the good work! Beware the nasty carbs!

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Today was GVT for bench

Arnold's 1% Circuit (Bodyweight): Early Morning
Barbell Bench Press:
20 kg x 20 reps 
45 kg x 10 reps X 10 Sets

Barbell Incline Bench Press:
20 kg x 20 reps 

35 kg x 10 reps X 10 Sets

Decline Barbell Bench Press:
40 kg x 10 reps X 10 Sets

Machine Chest Fly (Pec Deck):
30 kg x 10 reps X 10 Sets

Preacher Curl:
25 kg x 10 reps X 10 Sets

60 Seconds rest between sets.

Felt it good today, increased weight from last week, not feeling sore at all yet but was tired at the end of the session.

Diet

eating has been good today, my big concern is keeping it under control on the weekend.  I will be working away all day both Sat and Sun at a masters football carnival and have no idea what will be available food wise at the grounds. I guess I will have to do some prep work and take food with me.

Drug Testing

The new WADA prohibited list has been released for next year, I need to get back into good habits of checking over the counter products in preparation for being on the random out of competition testing list next year.

176,966 Kilograms Lifted Last week :D

simply stunning Trusylver you are just amazing!

I am in awe.. so much wanna get to that level.. 

and am glad you have water in the tanks again now. I grew up on tanks too, so totally understand the problem

| lvl3 | Amazon Warrior |
|str
6|dex1|sta5|con5|wis8|cha2|

| challenges | two | one | 

| mfp | l4dyh4wk |

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines