nightlight

Mini-Challenge #2 - River

serenity_river.jpg

River! We love River. But look at this ^^. How much strength and flexibility is necessary for this type of movement. What do we need to do to be like River? We need flexibility and core strength. 

Your challenge: 

Part 1) 10 minutes of mobility or stretching per day. Today - Sunday. 

Part 2) Accumulate X minutes of planks:

Beginners, or those new to planks, aim to accumulate 2 minute per day. 

Intermediates, try to accumulate 3 minutes per day.

Advanced Rangers, try to accumulate 5 minutes per day. 

** You decide what level you're at.

If you want to go even further, try to accumulate your time without breaking the time up throughout the day. 

• Like 1

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Ugh. .... yesterday was the weighted sit ups.... did eighty sit ups with a thirty pound weight. ... my guts they are shaking. .... not sure how many plank minutes I can accumulate. .... we shall see when I get out of bed later before work

Sent with tapatalk... if this post seems brief or full of misspelled words it's because my phone and autocorrect are actively plotting against me

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

The plank will be added into my normal ab routines me thinks. the mobility should'nt be to hard, I am stretching all the time

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Hmm. Missed yesterday but stretched anyway, so that was easy. No planks for yesterday. I'll work on my intermediate plank goals going forward.

49 is the new 53

Fourth Level Half-Elf Ranger

STR [6.5] DEX [6] STA [17] CON [5] WIS [3]  CHA [5]

Current Challenge

My Third Challenge  > My Second Challenge > My First Challenge

"Don't ever tell me there's no way."  Agent Phil Coulson

I like it.  Totally game. I need mobility stuff- I made an effort and a dancer's version of the turkish get up (flexibility movement assignment from dance) and couldn't access said tutorial on my phone- so I practiced moving the leg through a few times while I stood up and called it a day. Did some stretching with a client- so yesterday's accounted for!!!

Hopefully will do some quality stretching today I need it. I'll plank up while I'm at a class :D

I like the need for flexibility.  Been taking yoga this semester and working on stretching like crazy.  Will also add the planks in, though my children think it means "jump on dads back" time.  Which makes it much more fun!

1st Challenge2nd Challenge3rd Challenge (Current)

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | CON: 3 | STA: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

Excellence is born of preparation, dedication, focus and tenacity; compromise on any of these and you become average and being average sucks.

Well, I've been stretching of necessity since last weekend, so not a problem.  Planks eh?  This is my first challenge as a ranger so not sure how many I should be aiming for.  I still have that daily burpee ladder going on.  Let's aim for 3.

edit:  do you get any sort of stat bonus for completing these?  Other than those "real life ones" that are so hard to quantify?

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

So I stretched when I woke up. ... just kinda got out my yoga mat and started flowing. ... I liked it so much I called my zombie stenographer and said hey boy get a pen and paper. .. he said "lemme guess you like your flow and want me to chart it" I love that kid. ... did five min hips/back/shoulders and about five min rolling. .... my abs are so adamantly protesting that I'm not about to plank. ... I have to work tonight

Sent with tapatalk... if this post seems brief or full of misspelled words it's because my phone and autocorrect are actively plotting against me

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

One word in regard to this mini challenge.

SHINY!

Put in 10 minutes of post run stretching today.    Felt so great because I was still tight/sore from past events. :P   I'll have to throw a plan in there ... maybe.  I did a bunch yesterday and like AJ, I got the ab-tremors still today lol.

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Ack! Just saw this, but I'm in! Doing 15 minute mobility per day already for challenge  - yesterday and today, good. Going to go do planks right now...

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Sweet, I stretch most days this will make sure I do it.

Got the planks in yesterday luckily as they were part of my wednesday and whilst on the mat did some stretching and the hip/ankle mobility stuff I got from mobilityWOD. I probably only have 5 minutes there though.

Anyone got any good mobility routines to take up the whole 10 mins?

"The human body can be drained of blood in 8.6 seconds given the right vaccuuming systems."

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

Sweet!  I only just saw this, but I got 1/2 of the planks and stretching in yesterday.  Going to do the rest this evening after work - i believe a good stretching routine will help me relax, so yay!

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Beginner for planks definitely (still in the cognitive stage).

Did the stretching yesterday as a part of my workouts but I will do 4 minutes of planks throughout today to catch up.

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

I don't know who or what River is, but that photo has my attention.  I want to scale walls, hang from the ceiling, and do awesome things like that!

Part 1) 10 minutes of mobility or stretching per day. Today - Sunday.

Done and done.  I stretch for a minimum of 10 minutes everyday, mostly before and after workouts.

Part 2) Accumulate X minutes of planks

I'll go for the Advanced Ranger of 5 minutes per day.  I don't plank.  I have no idea how long I can do it, but if I'm going to earn an extra attribute point, then it'll be for something extraordinary!

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 2 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 2 Stats: STR 146.0 | DEX 155.25 | STA 147.5 | CON 148.0 | WIS 152.0 | CHA 144.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

No stretching today. ... work last night was crazy (I had eight thousand steps from midnight to 0745) and I forgot to set an alarm. .... doms belly says no no no no

no no no no no no no no to the thought of plank

Spoiler

Part 2) Accumulate X minutes of planks

I'll go for the Advanced Ranger of 5 minutes per day.  I don't plank.  I have no idea how long I can do it, but if I'm going to earn an extra attribute point, then it'll be for something extraordinary!

I planked this morning.  1 minute straight arm and 1 minute one straight arm (alternate 30 seconds), 2 minutes elbows, and 1 minute straight arm with dumbell deadlifts or goblet squats in between sets.  It started out real easy, but the last two sets were tough.  I'll ramp up the difficulty tomorrow!

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 2 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 2 Stats: STR 146.0 | DEX 155.25 | STA 147.5 | CON 148.0 | WIS 152.0 | CHA 144.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines