St. Louis?

Pushkin

Did any of you join Rising Heroes? I am enjoying it quite a bit so far.

I contemplated it, but am starting another round of PT, so I'll wait for the next round to see. I've heard lots of good things about it so far :)

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, PachaTisai said:

So, I was part of this convo way back on page 2, and then dropped off the face of the planet for awhile.  Just popping in to say hi to my fellow STL nerds and see if anything exciting is going on.

HI!!  IDK of anything specific that's being planned.  I do know there's a Parkour group in the works.  We do have (if I'm counting right) about 5-6-ish Nerds here in StL. 

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Nothing is going on. Everything is boring. Unless you count Dog Days at Urban Chestnut next Friday.

What are these "Dog Days" and "Urban Chestnut" you speak of? [emoji54]

• Like 1

Oh also yeah Parkour and stuff. I'm hoping yo start that soon (lemme know availability, yousguys). I still want a meetup at City Museum, because City Museum, and also City Museum :D

• Like 1

Gasp!

Yeah, I tried that, but all the internet gave me was this:

200.gif 

[emoji14]

What the actual fuck is that?!?! 

I DONT KNOW. I THINK MY INTERNET IS BROKEN [emoji32]

• Like 1

I'm a newb on the forum here, but I'm from StL. Technically, I work there and live in unincorporated JeffCo a stone's throw from Arnold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

On 7/21/2017 at 1:16 PM, Sciread77 said:

I'm a newb on the forum here, but I'm from StL. Technically, I work there and live in unincorporated JeffCo a stone's throw from Arnold.

Welcome!  I work in Fenton, actually.  There's a few nerds all over StL. 

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Welcome!  I work in Fenton, actually.  There's a few nerds all over StL. 

Thanks! Part of me is surprised I don't know anyone on here. We've got a sizable population of nerds in the region, including a surprising number that gravitated to a particular Star Wars RPG chat room back in the 90s and early 2000s (and some beyond).

• Like 1

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

So, back in the day whenever I was active here last (a few deployments ago), I had never been to City Museum and now I have gone twice and can concur that it is a neat meet up spot. I'm not obsessed with it, but it's ok. 

• Like 2

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Also, either of the indoor rock climbing gyms would make good meet up spots.

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

On 10/11/2018 at 6:08 AM, Nedwin said:

So, back in the day whenever I was active here last (a few deployments ago), I had never been to City Museum and now I have gone twice and can concur that it is a neat meet up spot. I'm not obsessed with it, but it's ok.  

I'll second this, though the rooftop stuff is (I believe) closed until May.

Thinking about doing an escape room around Christmas since none of us are travelling to see our families this time around. There is a groupon for it if anyone is interested. Hit me up on facebook - Heather Lenero

Spoiler

On 11/26/2018 at 8:42 AM, Nedwin said:

Thinking about doing an escape room around Christmas since none of us are travelling to see our families this time around. There is a groupon for it if anyone is interested. Hit me up on facebook - Heather Lenero

I'm like 6 months late but sent a friend request :P 

Aaaand I have moved away from St. Louis. I'm only about 6.5 hours away though, which isn't a terribly long distance in my mind.

Spoiler