• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wildross

When we were weaker once, and young

Thanks!

I use jefit on my smart phone to log at the gym...then it gives me graphs on my computer later

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Holy hell! Tom! You are alive! It warms my heart when long timers come back. Missed ya round these parts :) You still mountain biking?

HEY THERE!  :victorious:  Glad to know I was missed!  'Tis the season over here to begin mountain bike season again, so you'd better believe it!

I thought this was interesting side by side comparison to share. this is only a year development and is less about strength as well- but thought it fit into the spirit of the thread. 

I don't think I ever had really bad squats.  - but I've spent a lot of time really working mobility and trying to get some where with it- and in the past year I haven't really truly pushed my weight up a substantial bit- I've upped my comfort zone by only 20-30 pounds-my 1 rep max is a solid in the 200 digits but it isn't super high- 185 has always felt heavy for me- but now it's feeling more and more comfortable so I was feeling saucy and thought I'd take a video to see- I think the work I have done shows on how much more solid my body looks in terms of movement. 

This was April 2013

June 6 2014- last night- my last set from a 6 x 3 grouping of 175

• Like 3

I-Jo...

YO JO!

Keep at it, girl! The side by side is an effin amazing comparison!

That is all.

:victorious:

Agreed. You definitely look so much more confident now!

I-Jo...

YO JO!

Keep at it, girl! The side by side is an effin amazing comparison!

That is all.

:victorious:

thank you :)  I was also surprised!! Am glad I bothered to look!!

Agreed. You definitely look so much more confident now!

it does look more comfie doesn't it- plus the purple pants- come one- we all love purplse pants!!! 

So much more stable, and that depth is wonderful

Yeppers- happy to have made progress even if it wasn't in numbers!

I-JO!  Very nice!!

Thanks!!! Hoping this will carry me to at least a 225 squat this summer for a meet!  We'll see- I'm pretesting this week after a few days rest!!!  Did a LOT of squatting this winter!!! LOL

• Like 1

A year ago, my max clean was 80kg. Yesterday I power cleaned 90kg for a very easy triple. I've maxed on power clean at 102.5kg (that was a while ago, could do more now) and have cleaned 115kg (again more there). very happy with this progress in a year :)

• Like 3

Tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary of starting lifting after a 10+ year break. Started on SL5x5 with an empty bar. Stats as of today are:-

Squat - 150kg x 5

Deadlift - 160kg x 5

Bench Press - 92.5kg x 5

Overhead press - 57.5kg x 5 (my toughest to improve)

Barbel Row (SL style) 85kg x 5

Really chuffed with the progress, long may it continue.

• Like 1

Soooo....being new I'm looking around and trying to figure out where I should post what.  Forgive me if I'm super confused, but is this where I should post my maxes?  I've been lifting for about 6 months, so I guess write my old maxes and the current ones?  Or if there's a better place, by all means I'll post there.  Also I'm looking for some diet help, but I know there's a more appropriate place for that.  

Soooo....being new I'm looking around and trying to figure out where I should post what.  Forgive me if I'm super confused, but is this where I should post my maxes?  I've been lifting for about 6 months, so I guess write my old maxes and the current ones?  Or if there's a better place, by all means I'll post there.  Also I'm looking for some diet help, but I know there's a more appropriate place for that.

This thread is more of an inspiration thing. People showing that though they may be awesome now, it came after putting in work consistently over a large time period. That everybody can achieve great things for themselves if they also keep at it and let fitness become part of our lifestyle, part of who we are - another thing we do because it's good for us, like brushing our teeth.

Most people who post their maxes for any lift or exercise usually do it in their challenge threads or battle logs. There are also a few friendly competition threads for people who want to post their maxes for particular barbell lifts on the Lifting Leaderboard subforum

-

• Like 1

Overhead press aggrivates us all.

Bwahahaha. The OHP god favors me. None of my other lifts have moved like this.

Screenshot_2014-11-20-22-21-55.png

Went from unable to get a 6th rep at 100lbs in March to getting 160 1rep and 5x5 @137.5lbs last week.

Ignore the last 4 data points, it's my program plan for the next week.

I remember a few things from back in the day. 

About 7 years ago I was doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women program. One of the stages involved front squats, which I had never done. I recall that I wasn't able to do even the empty 45 lb bar. I had to do it with one of the 20 lb preweighted bars. It felt like the most painful, awkward thing ever. Here's a photo of my all time front squat PR (150lb), this was 3 years ago. Most recent PR is 138lb, which is still over body weight. 

medium.jpg

I also remember the first time I tried to overhead squat with a broomstick. This was probably 6 or 7 years ago. I literally couldn't do it without falling forward. I wondered how in the world do people do this with a barbell, and weights! A couple of weeks ago I set an ohs PR of 123lb, 10 pounds shy of body weight. Today I did 15 reps at 83 lb. No photos of that.

Here's a video from my second weightlifting meet 4 years ago, a snatch at 36kg. It's actually more of a power snatch and my elbows are a little soft. Looking back, I'm surprised I got white lights on this lift, I guess the judges were being lenient.

http://youtu.be/-nsy0q1SoWQ?list=UUV0JA7VcAzz2babadVxeW_w

Here's a video from 6 months ago, 40kg for an easy double and much less crappy looking. :)

https://www.coachseye.com/v/5niO

• Like 1

Ole Kenobi is still at it. Slow and steady as I go. Currently at 195lb on Deadlift, 140lb on Squat, 155lb on Bench, 95lbs on Overhead Press. Currently tracking all my progress on my blog, Strong 4 Family.

Keep after it, everyone. :victorious:

205 last Monday on the Deadlift! :victorious:

This is awesome. It truly is. I can't wait to come back in a year and post again! Today I squatted and benched a 15kg bar 5 x 5 and deadlifted 25kg 5 x 5. And I'm telling anyone who will listen!! Thanks to everyone who's posted here. Everyone's progress is super cool and proof that it can be done!

• Like 1