Hey fellow rebels!

I'm a big sci-fi geek. I like Star Wars (inc expanded universe), Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, and Iain M Banks Culture novels. Other things I like include roller derby, criticism and theory, spyro the dragon, gammon and eggs, meditation and loud music (but not at the same time).

I've been a nerd fitness lurker for almost a year now, but have only been eating paleo and lifting for a few months and only been strict with myself for a week or so. Being a forum member seemed like a good way to stay motivated and stop cheating. Also, as an aside, I joined paleo trail- you can watch your diet level up!

I started eating paleo as a last ditch attempt to ease the IBS that has pretty much plagued me my whole life. Eating gluten free certainly helped, but it wasn't until I cut out grains (inc beer!) that I saw a big difference. I used to bloat so much that I looked 6 months pregnant, or more. However wonderful the benefits (improved rosecea, sleep, pain and bloating) I keep creeping back to the dark side. Not this time!

Some stats

Class: Druid/Scout

Strengths: Long distance ranging at speed, making amazing paleo meals (that my doubter boyfriend likes too!), flexibility, thighs of steel

Weaknesses: Alcohol, laziness, poor triceps

Goals:

Short Term:

Eat a 80/20 paleo diet and feel better!

Strengthen triceps and chest muscles

Become more moderate in my drinking

Attend 3 fitness classes a week

Long term:

Enter a power walking marathon

Reduce my bodyfat percentage by 5%