Personal Log; Fatalis, Vox;

Stardate 67200

I've recently embarked upon a personal journey of sorts--A quest, if you will.  My end goal?  Health, strength, virility, and eternal life.

A journey of this magnitude requires the discipline of a Klingon Warrior, but I am only a human.  So I'll track my progress here--I must record everything.  My trials, my tribulations, my successes...and, most importantly, my failures.

Although today is the first entry in this log, it is not my first day of my journey.  However, as we cannot change the past, I will simply record from this moment on.

I have identified a number of tasks that I feel are important to accomplish within certain parameters, and will record them below:

Daily:

One-mile walk in the morning with The Small Beast

Two mile walk in the evening with The Small Beast, working in runs in increasing .5 mile increments

Consume healthy food at a 500 calorie deficit

Consume no more than one type of unhealthy food (1 can soda, 1 serving treat/chocolate/candy/etc.)

Update log and keep track of progress

Weekly:

At least 3 body/light weight workouts

Accomplish one 2-mile run, decreasing time each week

Lose approximately one pound of unhealthy body weight, total of 10 pounds loss (or replace with healthy weight; this is a more fluid goal.)

One food "cheat day" every week

Consume no more than 3 alcoholic beverages

Monthly:

Reassess workout program and increase difficulty if necessary

I'm afraid I've already broken two goals today, but my hope is that keeping this log will make me feel more accountable to myself.  Wish me luck!  I'll post a supplemental post at the end of the day to record my overall daily progress.

Vox Out!

Stardate 67202.3.

Well that went poorly.  Beyond poorly, yesterday was an abject failure.  In fact, yesterday was the most miserable day I've had in quite some time.  I decided, toward the end of the evening, to just call it my cheat day and forgive myself.

Yesterday started with the honoring of a fallen Brother in Arms as they transported his remains back to his family.  It broke my heart, but the worst part of it was that I had to leave before the rest, because after working in the sun, having to stand completely still in the sun wasn't doing me any kindnesses.  My head began to swim, and I had to go sit down before I fell down.  It was absolutely humiliating.

The rest of the day was mediocre-to-bad, ending with finding out that a friend of mine is being accused of a crime that I am absolutely certain he did not commit, then getting home to discover that The Small Beast had gotten sick, and sprayed liquid feces out in an impressive stream across my bedroom floor.  So rather than have a workout when I got home, I spent an hour scrubbing vile-smelling, half-crusted, half liquid puppy poo off of my floor.  I guess that burned some calories (about 140, according to MFP) but it wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

So at this point I'd missed my morning walk, had a cookie AND a can of energy supplement, my normal walking partner is sick, and I'm just...done with the day.

So I threw my hands up, called it a "cheat day," and went to have beer and pizza with friends.  I got home feeling miserable, and couldn't sleep to save my life.

Yesterday's "cheat day" stats:

Morning Walk:  No

Evening walk:  No

Workout:  No (It wasn't a workout day anyway, though.)

Calorie deficit:  No

One unhealthy food limit:  Not even a little bit.

Update log:  YES.  I failed miserably, but am holding myself accountable.  So that's a thing.

I woke up this morning and didn't want to take the Beast out, because I wasn't sure if he was up with it.  So I did a few circuits of the Beginner's Bodyweight Workout instead.  But I'll write the log of today's activity later, when the time comes.

Here's hoping today will be better than yesterday!  Cheers!

Vox out.