Hello Rebels!

I'm a long-timer lurker and I'm about to pull out all these damn (awesome) underpants I've been gathering from Steve and start wearing them. My name is Erin and I'm 28. I live in Indianapolis, IN (originally from Muncie).

About me: I had lap-band surgery in May 2011. I lost 97 lbs in 18 months and then got knocked up (on purpose). I just had my baby boy (Xander) this past May. I am now 4 months postpartum and only 20 lbs down from the 60 I gained during pregnancy. (I had some of the restriction removed from my band in order to increase my calories for pregnancy. I haven't gone back to get it re-filled, but I intend to in the next few months.) I am miserable and dying to get back under 200 lbs like I was just 13 months ago. I gave into my cravings during pregnancy and still haven't been able to say 'no' again like I could before. (Yes, I'm very upset with myself for this.) I have a blog that I have kept since before my lap-band surgery and throughout my pregnancy. I intend to use this during my Nerd Fitness-induced lifestyle change as well. Oh, and my username is inspired by The Boondock Saints. :pride:

Goals: Transition to Paleo, start strength training, get healthy (with my husband), and set a better example for my baby so he doesn't grow up with the same food issues as I have.

Why I'm Nerdy: I feel I'm not as (awesomely) nerdy as some people here. I do, however, enjoy Joss Whedon anything (my son's name is Xander, after all), bad puns, science fiction, Harry Potter, doing massive amounts of research on things I find interesting (hence my underpants collection), making lists, stand-up comedy, the Daily Show.

How I'm getting started: The Husband and I are going grocery shopping on Friday (payday) and I am armed with multiple Paleo shopping lists that I will be picking and choosing from to best suit our household. I'm doing one goal at a time. Add more veg, weed out carbs, sweets, junk in general, and pop...wish me luck! Once I get into the groove of the paleo lifestyle, I will start my strength training. I also signed up for the Nerd Fitness Academy for Women and hope to get in on that!

So that's me... I can't wait to get started!

Well, today is day 3 of my paleo transition! I've not had carbs for 3 days and I'm doing pretty good! I haven't given up my coffee creamer yet and I'm pretty sure my salad dressing is not paleo but it's not Ranch for a change, so that's pretty good for me! I haven't had any pop but I also haven't gotten as much water as I should be.

Right now I'm working on finding a balance of protein and veggies to keep myself full... I won't lie, I've been pretty hungry by the time dinner rolls around! I know I need to up my amounts of both so I'm working on that today. I bought some Steam Fresh broccoli florets and a veggie medley (carrots, corn, and asparagus). Not sure of that one is paleo, but I had a limited selection and I'm picky with veggies. Yay for never being introduced to veggies as a child! Not. So not letting this happen to my boy! He will try ALL THE VEGGIES!

Oh and I made banana pancakes today! (Banana, egg, cinnamon) They were pretty good but the consistency was a bit weird (eggy) for me. I will probably buy some almond flour soon to try to pancake it up a bit. They fell apart easily too. Smaller is better for flipping, just FYI.

I keep forgetting to weight myself/take measurements. I hope to remember to do this tonight! I'll post them on here as soon as I get them.

Also, I didn't get chosen for the Nerd Fitness Academy scholarship :( I want to get the master class but I'm not sure I will be able to afford it by Friday. I might have to wait until they relaunch it! Darnit! Oh wells, I guess that gives me time to get this paleo diet down!

Hi murphmehard! It's so awesome that you're already on your journey :D

And if you're fussy with veg would it help if you picked out something that you've never tried before? That's what I do :P Or if it looks cool (smoked garlic FTW)

One thing I'd also say about measurements is that they're good to take at the same time every week :) Otherwise you can get fluctuations even from things like how much water/salt you've had or a big meal :)

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4