San Antonio Social FitNerds!

Hi!

I'm pretty much brand new here.  I've just signed up and gotten started.

Here's the thing.  I am terrible at keeping myself going.  I love having other people around me to encourage and motivate me.  So I think to myself, "San Antonio's a huge city.  There have GOT to be some kind of crazy nerdfolk in the area who would want to engage in some sort of fitness-related social activity!"

Maybe we could have social runs, or find local places to play with fitness challenges, maybe we just want to find a nice healthy restaurant, have some food, and swap notes, share ideas or workouts, and nerd out over whatever happens to be the topic.

Mostly, we'll be able to have fun and help keep each other motivated.  And, hell, who doesn't love finding more people in the area who share our common interests?

Gotta agree, I get the blank map too!

Oh, and im also in Sn Antonio- got a small workout-meet up going every weekday around 9pm at the local Spawn Point Gamer's lounge (by the drafthouse-westlakes around marbach and 410) We go on 1.5~ mile walk and hit the gym three times a week for some basic body weight workouts (right now, those still kick our butts!) you're welcome to join us anytime! Glad someone else is in San Antonio!

• Like 1

School snuck up on me and knocked me out for a bit.  Group project is completed and I'm back on track now though.  And back to checking the forums regularly.  :D

I'm headed out to Lost Maples in the morning for a long hike with the girlfriend.  Super excited about that.  Does anyone else have any recommendations for good hiking places within a couple of hours from here?  

NW sider here. Meet ups would be great! McAllister Park is relatively central for the northern half of the county, it seems like most people who've posted in this thread are either NW or NE.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hey all!  My husband and I live on the far West side, near Sea World. Would love to meet fellow SA Rebels :D   Maybe have a meet-up for a walk/run, then play some board games or Munchkin?

STORMEE

Level 5 Fey Touched Half-Elven Druid

“What doesn't kill me, gives me EXP."

Is this a double post? I have no idea! These forums don't seem to work well all the time for me.

Anyways! My husband and I are new to NFA, and it would be cool to meet some fellow SA Rebels! Maybe do a walk/run somewhere, then chill and play a board game or Munchkin!

STORMEE

Level 5 Fey Touched Half-Elven Druid

“What doesn't kill me, gives me EXP."

You only single-posted. Welcome to the rebellion. What part of SA are you in? One of my favorite places to do an off the trail walk is the linear park that connects to Phil Hardberger park. If you get off the concrete sidewalk and down into the creek bed it's really amazing.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Oops...  I need to get back to the forums more often...

I'm a New Braunfels nerd, but work in the area surrounding North Star Mall...

And yes, the Austin FB page covers San Antonio area events, though we haven't had much of anything happen lately other than Steve's Book Signing tour stop in Austin back January-ish.

WXStormer - Level 4 Adventurer - Challenges Completed Successfully:  3

Introduction   Challenge Threads:  1 2 3 Failures: 2, 4, 4  Current:4

My Fitness Log:  http://twitter.com/jeffreyfitness (Walks/Activities are Automatically Logged Here) - My Personal Blog
Fitbit Account | MapMyFitness Link | BattleLog | Accountability Post

Camp Nerd Fitness 2014 Comments:  Part 1: Camp Nerd Fitness Post-Mortem     Part 2: The Road Ahead

Progress Goal:
Weight Loss:  

2%
2%

I'm also in the New Braunfels area, and a member of the New Braunfels Marsch-und Wandergruppe (part of the American Volkssport Association (AVA)).  I'm usually out doing the traditional AVA walks in the SA area, and then at the Crocketteers' tailgate before the SAFC matches at Toyota Field when they're playing home games.

• Like 1

Race: Human / Level: 1 / Current Class: Adventurer / Goal Class: Ranger

STR: 2.5 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3.5 / CON: 3.5 / WIS: 4 / CHA: 4.5

My Background / Facebook / GoodReads / Flickr / Fitbit

~ Take Care, Live Life, and Pray Hard ~

"Our lives are different to anybody else's. That's the exciting thing, that nobody in the universe can do what we're doing."

- Patrick Troughton (Doctor #2)