HavingANickFit, spreadsheet jockey

HavingANickFit

One of my biggest fears is becoming one of those fat old guys who works in an office and is super unhealthy.  I am already part of that statement, I work in an office.  Luckily my company promotes healthy activity (if only for pr reasons), and has a gym and a basketball court.

My goals will be focused on developing healthy habits that keep me from becoming the fat old guy, as well as helping me become successful within my office environment.  I am in finance, which has a reputation of being a spreadsheet jockey.  This is definitely true for me, I do most of my work in Excel and I track all my workouts there too.

i did the last 6 week challenge and then went on vacation.  I just got back and I am super jet lagged, and I will be doing this challenge as a 5 week challenge (Sep 29-Nov 2)

Goal #1

Get back to eating paleo

Grades:

A=100%

B=1 meal/snack non paleo

C=2 meals/snacks non paleo

F=3+ meals/snacks non paleo

Goal #2

Complete and track the following exercises 1x per week: Barbell Incline Press, Weighted Pull-Ups, Squats, Deadlifts, Weighted Decline Sit-Ups.

A=100%

C=4/5

F= less than 4

Goal #3

I have always done a ton of cardio, but I'm scaling back now.  My goal is to do exactly 1 day of cardio each week.  Basketball, running, hockey, whatever, 1 day.

A=1 day

B=2 days

C=0 days

F=3 or more days

Life Side Quest

Based on a series of circumstances, I am going to look at other jobs.  The end goal is to have a newly completed and reviewed resume ready by November 2.  I am going to accomplish this through the weekly goals below.

Week 1: List out all of the work I have done for the past 7 years, sort by what I enjoy doing and what I do not enjoy

Week 2: Find 3 jobs online that look interesting based on the list of what I enjoy doing

Week 3: Create 3 resumes specific to the jobs I found

Week 4: Ask 3 friends to review my resume and provide feedback (already know who I will ask)

Week 5: Edit my resume based on feedback

I'm excited to get going!

• Like 1

Race: Peasant

Class: Ranger

Level: 3

STR:2 DEX:3 STA:4 CON:2 WIS:3 CHA:1

HavingANickFit tries something new

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

"it doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you better be running."

hi :) Subbing to read later!

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Awesome on the goals!!!

We have something in common, we're both focusing on lifting! I'm doing a recomp that Donar is helping me with!

Super excited to have you back safely!

sub'd! ;)

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

awesome goals! how'd yesterday and the first half of today go? any weekend plans that may threaten to derail you?

This seems to be a challenge for finding new jobs. Can't swing a cat around here without finding someone else who is also looking for a new job....

why are you trying to swing cats? is it a new dance move i've missed?! i need to know in case it comes up at the epic kitchen dance party!!!

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Wow so much support already from the old crew!  I'll check in on your challenges as soon as i get settled back in here, I left work early yesterday feeling sick and slept the whole day.

Court/Exajamieus - is that a partial Aziz reference?!?!

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

"it doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you better be running."

ugh, that sickness is going around the nation.

and ...yes. if that makes me cool, then, yes. ;)

Instagram | pinterest

Sorry you weren't felling well. Hope your doing better.

Looking forward to having you hanging around regularly again! ^_^

(You might want to skim my thread- again, lol) :rolleyes:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Quest Update

my jet lag is now 90% gone and i've been to the gym the last 2 days!  feeling better, let's do this ish!

Goal #1

Get back to eating paleo

Paleo the last 2 days, on target.

Goal #2

Complete and track the following exercises 1x per week: Barbell Incline Press, Weighted Pull-Ups, Squats, Deadlifts, Weighted Decline Sit-Ups.

Did Barbell Incline Press, Deadlifts, and Weighted Decline Sit-Ups on Sunday and recorded in my spreadsheet

Goal #3

I have always done a ton of cardio, but I'm scaling back now.  My goal is to do exactly 1 day of cardio each week.  Basketball, running, hockey, whatever, 1 day.

none yet, I'll probably play basketball Thursday

Life Side Quest

Based on a series of circumstances, I am going to look at other jobs.  The end goal is to have a newly completed and reviewed resume ready by November 2.  I am going to accomplish this through the weekly goals below.

I have a reminder in my calendar to list out all my previous/current job responsibilities and accomplishments when I get home from work tonight.

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

:applouse:

No emos??!! Well, maybe I will have to give you one for each successful day! :D

Awesome work on those goals Nick! You are starting this thing off with a BANG! :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

how did the list of responsibilities and accomplishments turn out?

Instagram | pinterest

Quest Update

Goal #1

Get back to eating paleo

:pride:

Goal #2

Did weighted pull ups Monday night.  I will probably wait to do squats on Friday or Saturday so my legs aren't dead for my bball game Thursday.

Goal #3

I'll probably play basketball Thursday

Life Side Quest

I started my list of all activities, only got through 2 of 7 years working.  More tonight.

Mmmm Simpsons....

Rawr!  Awesome job!  Glad jet lag is letting go of you!  Rawr!  Good luck and have fun!   :D

i love Homer

how did the list of responsibilities and accomplishments turn out?

I should have finished but I started at 11, and being the old man that I am, I fell asleep at the kitchen table.  Hopefully I'll finish tonight.

Hilarious Simpsons clip! I am wanting to embrace spreadsheets because it is such a powerful tool for tracking data. 

Sounds like you are back in the groove! :smile-new:

Neeeeeeerd!  :highly_amused:

:applouse:

No emos??!! Well, maybe I will have to give you one for each successful day! :D

Awesome work on those goals Nick! You are starting this thing off with a BANG! :triumphant:

emo added, just for Ash!

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

two out of 7 years is great! and I am knocked out asleep by 10pm soooo no worries about old-man syndrome.

Instagram | pinterest

Neeeeeeerd!  :highly_amused:

emo added, just for Ash!

Awwwww Nick! :redface:

That is sweet and I shall enjoy looking for them, lol!

Gah! Do not ask me how I missed that link! I must have fallen sleep! :wacko:

But hilarious, loved it, lol! :lol:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Quest Update

Goal #1

Get back to eating paleo

:highly_amused:

Goal #2

I just have squats left, if I'm not sore from bball I'll do them tomorrow.

Goal #3

I was (easily) convinced to play basketball today at lunch.  So no bball tomorrow if I want my A for the week.  On a related note, it felt great to run around and I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow.

Life Side Quest

I got through 2 more years of work history before literally falling asleep sitting up in my chair.  I hope to finish tonight, only 3 more years to go through.

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

Quest Update

Goal #1

Get back to eating paleo

:highly_amused:

I got through 2 more years of work history before literally falling asleep sitting up in my chair.  I hope to finish tonight, only 3 more years to go through.

Yeah! Emo- means good job!

Uhm.....apparently Nick, you and I have something very in common lately, lol! :nevreness:

Hope Thursday is a most awesome day for you! :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Quest Update

Goal #1

Get back to eating paleo

:tranquillity:

Goal #2

I am going to the gym at 12:30 hopefully today to get my squats done.  If I can't get them in today because of work stuff, I'll do them Saturday morning.

Goal #3

Still only one day of cardio!

Life Side Quest

I have 4/7 years done, I think I can finish this today at work in the afternoon.

Thanks for the support Kiwi and Ash!

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

Quest Update

Goal #1

Get back to eating paleo

:tranquillity:

Thanks for the support Kiwi and Ash!

Another good day on the goals! And I wish you an awesome workout, be that today or tomorrow! :triumphant:

Hope you have an excellent weekend, and it is absolutely my pleasure Nick! ^_^

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

I ate too much almond butter this week- thought you might understand. I am not buying more this week :pig:

How are you doing with the cardio regression? I am in a running group and have really scaled back. We are given a 6 day workout list and I have been in the gym instead. 

Good job this week!

Quest Update

Goal #1

Get back to eating paleo

:watermelon:

Goal #2

I did my squats last Friday, completing my goals for last week.  Grade for last week = A

Going to the gym today, I will do Barbell Incline Press and Deadlifts.

Goal #3

Only played bball one day last week.  Grade for last week = A

Life Side Quest

I finished my list on Saturday.  This week I find 3 interesting looking jobs.

I ate too much almond butter this week- thought you might understand. I am not buying more this week :pig:

How are you doing with the cardio regression? I am in a running group and have really scaled back. We are given a 6 day workout list and I have been in the gym instead. 

Good job this week!

Jefro - I had 2 small jars of almond butter this weekend, I understand man!  I need to cut back because they cost $11 per jar, ridiculous!

Cardio-wise I made my goal of one day last week.  It's not easy because whenever I don't feel like lifting I can always motivate myself to play basketball.  I guess that's the point of the goal!

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines