Way to go on the grades Nick! :triumphant:

I don't know why but that watermelon emo always catches me funny. Too cute! lol

Have an awesome Tuesday my friend! B)

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Quest Update

Goal #1

Get back to eating paleo

:satellite:

Goal #2

Complete and track the following exercises 1x per week: Barbell Incline Press, Weighted Pull-Ups, Squats, Deadlifts, Weighted Decline Sit-Ups.

I did Deadlifts and Barbell Incline Press Monday.  Basketball today so no lifting.

Goal #3

I have always done a ton of cardio, but I'm scaling back now.  My goal is to do exactly 1 day of cardio each week.  Basketball, running, hockey, whatever, 1 day.

Bball today, only 1 day!

Life Side Quest

Based on a series of circumstances, I am going to look at other jobs.  The end goal is to have a newly completed and reviewed resume ready by November 2.  I am going to accomplish this through the weekly goals below.

I'm finding that if I don't make a reminder for myself I don't do it.  Reminder set to look up at least 1 job description tonight.

Race: Peasant

Class: Ranger

Level: 3

STR:2 DEX:3 STA:4 CON:2 WIS:3 CHA:1

HavingANickFit tries something new

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

"it doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you better be running."

I always have to set reminders for tasks that I need to do after work! once I'm out of work I cook dinner, take the dog out, maybe do some laundry and then it's alllll about tv time for an hour or so. lol

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Good work Nick! :encouragement:

Have fun but stay safe with the basketball. I know people who have gotten hurt, don't wanna see that happen. (shaking head :nightmare: )

And....uhm......maybe that is why my desk looks like a wall of post it notes? :nevreness:

Have a most excellent day my friend!!! :triumphant: :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Quest Update

Goal #1

Get back to eating paleo

:barbershop_quartet_

Goal #2

Complete and track the following exercises 1x per week: Barbell Incline Press, Weighted Pull-Ups, Squats, Deadlifts, Weighted Decline Sit-Ups.

There was a work event being held on the bball court today, so i went to the gym and got my Weighted Decline Sit-Ups done.  I still have Squats and Weighted Pull-Ups to do, so Squats today and Weighted Pull-Ups tomorrow.

Goal #3

I have always done a ton of cardio, but I'm scaling back now.  My goal is to do exactly 1 day of cardio each week.  Basketball, running, hockey, whatever, 1 day.

Bball was cancelled yesterday, I'll play Thursday instead.

Life Side Quest

Based on a series of circumstances, I am going to look at other jobs.  The end goal is to have a newly completed and reviewed resume ready by November 2.  I am going to accomplish this through the weekly goals below.

I found 3 interesting looking jobs last night.  I can now start my goal for next week, maybe I'll get a head start..

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

"it doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you better be running."

dude - you come in to this thing late and are just crushing it. AWESOME! tell us more about your food though! i love hearing new ideas.

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

dude - you come in to this thing late and are just crushing it. AWESOME! tell us more about your food though! i love hearing new ideas.

dudette!  my food has been getting kinda boring, i will tell you a couple of paleo things i have been doing since you asked :)

first - going out to a mexican restaurant is my favorite paleo option.  i will order fajitas without corn/cream cheese/tortillas etc.  mexican places normally give good sized servings of meat, veggies and pico de gallo!  i can't guarantee it's cooked in olive oil or some other paleo oil, but it's close enough.

second - i buy a huge thing of boneless chicken breast, and split it into 2 large zip bags where i add a paleo seasoning and throw it into the freezer.  when it's time, defrost and cook, pretty tasty.

third - i pan cook a lot of diced onions/peppers for sides with whatever meat.  recently i've been slicing up a jalepeno or serrano pepper to give it a kick.

also - do you have a current quest?  i would love to follow!

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

Awesome Nick!

Hope those squats go well today!

I agree with CourtnieMarie you're killing this thing! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

mexican is so good! we have an "authentic" burrito place down the street that is perfect in a pinch. i also just made some peppers, onions, chicken, and taco seasoning the other night actually. I topped with beans and plain greek yogurt (not paleo, i know!) but the mexican type dishes give you so many options: salsa, avocado, olives. good stuff.

another easy side for meat i've been doing are those bags of spinach in the produce section. just pan fry with olive oil, minced garlic, bacon grease, onions, or anything really and its great. trust me - the bag looks big but once it's cooked up it's pretty much a single serving!

i clearly could babble on about food for awhile. so anyway! I don't have a current thread, i'm kind of doing some experimental stuff with my macros and using up a crossfit groupon. nothing seemed to jump out at me to put goals to but i think i'll be back at it next challenge. i'm just following along everyone elses thread and getting my learn on :)

Instagram | pinterest

Quest Update

Goal #1

Get back to eating paleo

:apple:

So I'm going home to Portland Friday-Tuesday, and I know I will be eating out a lot.  I will eat paleo when available, but I will probably fail.  It's really hard for me when I can't prepare my own food.  Any suggestions?

Goal #2

I did Squats and chest yesterday.  I'll do some Weighted Pull-Ups after bball today.

Goal #3

Getting my 1 cardio in today.

Life Side Quest

Next week's goal is prepare 3 resumes.

Due to my Portland trip, I will probably not be checking in for a couple days....

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

Well, I will just say to do the best you can.  You'll be back on track once you're back.

Awesome job on the goals, and stay safe while traveling Nick! ^_^

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Fun! I've always wanted to visit Portland. If you're eating at home, maybe make your family and friends aware of your recent food choices so that it doesn't get too overwhelming. You could even offer to buy the groceries and cook a meal for them! Can you do a quick food shop when you get home and grab some easy protein and veggie options for snacks? If you had somewhere to hard boil eggs and chop up so peppers, celery, carrots, etc. you can use those when you're on the go or visiting people. I've been making baby steps towards getting my friends and family to not revolve visiting or hanging out time around food as well. It used to be so commonplace for us to celebrate anything with dinner out. Trying to come up with other creative and fun celebratory activities :)

When you're out and about, try to choose the plates with the most veggies and meat. Be careful of sauces too ;) You can always order it dry with butter or whatever on the side!

Instagram | pinterest

awesome goals! how'd yesterday and the first half of today go? any weekend plans that may threaten to derail you?

why are you trying to swing cats? is it a new dance move i've missed?! i need to know in case it comes up at the epic kitchen dance party!!!

I dance with my cat.....and he always come back....

Wow so much support already from the old crew!  I'll check in on your challenges as soon as i get settled back in here, I left work early yesterday feeling sick and slept the whole day.

Court/Exajamieus - is that a partial Aziz reference?!?!

I have no idea. God I'm so uncool. 

Quest Update

Goal #1

Get back to eating paleo

:apple:

So I'm going home to Portland Friday-Tuesday, and I know I will be eating out a lot.  I will eat paleo when available, but I will probably fail.  It's really hard for me when I can't prepare my own food.  Any suggestions?

Goal #2

I did Squats and chest yesterday.  I'll do some Weighted Pull-Ups after bball today.

Goal #3

Getting my 1 cardio in today.

Life Side Quest

Next week's goal is prepare 3 resumes.

Due to my Portland trip, I will probably not be checking in for a couple days....

It only just occurred to me that you might not mean my Portland......

Nick-a-Fit You're a monster!

Human Warrior

Well, I will just say to do the best you can.  You'll be back on track once you're back.

Awesome job on the goals, and stay safe while traveling Nick! ^_^

Ya I'll get right back on 100% track, for the trip I'll probably be <100%  :redface-new:

Fun! I've always wanted to visit Portland. If you're eating at home, maybe make your family and friends aware of your recent food choices so that it doesn't get too overwhelming. You could even offer to buy the groceries and cook a meal for them! Can you do a quick food shop when you get home and grab some easy protein and veggie options for snacks? If you had somewhere to hard boil eggs and chop up so peppers, celery, carrots, etc. you can use those when you're on the go or visiting people. I've been making baby steps towards getting my friends and family to not revolve visiting or hanging out time around food as well. It used to be so commonplace for us to celebrate anything with dinner out. Trying to come up with other creative and fun celebratory activities :)

When you're out and about, try to choose the plates with the most veggies and meat. Be careful of sauces too ;) You can always order it dry with butter or whatever on the side!

Excellent awesome suggestions, thank you.  I realized after reading this that my mind was just looking for an excuse to not eat healthy.  I'll get food to cook at my brother's house and restaurant plates with meat/veggies.  Excellent ideas.

It only just occurred to me that you might not mean my Portland......

Nick-a-Fit You're a monster!

Ya, Portland OR.  THE COOL PORTLAND  :playful:

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

Ya I'll get right back on 100% track, for the trip I'll probably be <100%  :redface-new:

Excellent awesome suggestions, thank you.  I realized after reading this that my mind was just looking for an excuse to not eat healthy.  I'll get food to cook at my brother's house and restaurant plates with meat/veggies.  Excellent ideas.

Ya, Portland OR.  THE COOL PORTLAND  :playful:

glad to help be the voice of reason! I camped and went on so many vacas this summer that I've learned how best to travel with clean foods. bring/buy everything clean to supplement but give yourself a nice cheat meal ;) and enjoy yourself!

Instagram | pinterest

Your food recommendations for Portland have helped me realize I don't have to eat at the whim of my family when I go on vacation. I can just cook for everyone! We have a big get together at the end of the month and I don't want to eat a bunch of food that is not good for me. I need to do some planning.

Quest Update

Goal #1

Get back to eating paleo

I failed last week, and I have already failed this week based on my grading scale.  However I am back on paleo.  My coworker told me she is doing a month long paleo challenge, and in that conversation she asked if I was going to make paleo my "lifestyle."  As in, is it my way of eating going forward?  I think that in the foreseeable future it is.  Looking back on my trip, I had plenty of opportunities to eat paleo or semi-paleo and I passed on them because I had already decided in my head I was going to fail (despite CourtnieMarie's excellent suggestions).  Anywho, back on it.

Week 1 = A

Week 2 = F

Goal #2

I did all my exercises last week.  I have to get back going after work today.

Week 1 = A

Week 2 = A

Goal #3

I haven't worked out at all yet this week, so I'm on target ;)  Last week I only played basketball once.

Week 1 = A

Week 2 = A

Life Side Quest

I haven't started my 3 resumes yet.  I will start tonight.

DONE- Week 1: List out all of the work I have done for the past 7 years, sort by what I enjoy doing and what I do not enjoy

DONE- Week 2: Find 3 jobs online that look interesting based on the list of what I enjoy doing

NEED TO START- Week 3: Create 3 resumes specific to the jobs I found

Week 4: Ask 3 friends to review my resume and provide feedback (already know who I will ask)

Week 5: Edit my resume based on feedback

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

Awesomeness Nick!!!!!!  :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Ok, then I expect to start seeing my emos back on goal #1, lol!

Have an awesome day! ^_^

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

yes, mindset will definitely effect the way you eat! nice job getting right back at it though. 

Instagram | pinterest

Quest Update

Goal #1

Get back to eating paleo

Back at it!  :snowman:

Goal #2

I did Squats, Incline Press, and Sit-Ups.  Deadlift and Pull-Ups tomorrow or Saturday.

Goal #3

Basketball today

Life Side Quest

Week 3: Create 3 resumes specific to the jobs I found

My computer won't sign in unless I am at my work docking station.  I need to have IT look at it so I can get going on this quest at home!

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

Yay- emos are back! Nick is doing good work!!!

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Good job my friend on getting back in the game!

Have an awesome day!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Quest Update

Goal #1

Get back to eating paleo

:greedy_dollars:   Going to a Brazilian Steakhouse tonight, best paleo option ever invented!

Goal #2

Deadlift and Pull-Ups tonight.

Goal #3

Basketball yesterday, no more until next week.

Life Side Quest

Week 3: Create 3 resumes specific to the jobs I found

Getting a temporary replacement keyboard and i will work on this Saturday.

Yay- emos are back! Nick is doing good work!!!

:triumphant::triumphant::triumphant::triumphant::triumphant:

so...many...emos.. :emptiness:  :emptiness:  :emptiness:  :emptiness:!!!

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines