Looking for fellow injury recovery email sidekick

Hi everyone,

On July 25th, I had hip surgery to reshape my acetabulum and femoral neck, in addition to repairing a torn labrum. This is my second hip surgery, the first being four years ago to repair a torn labrum. People always look at me odd when I tell them I've had hip surgery twice, since I'm only 28 years old. Luckily, both procedures were orthoscopic, so I was able to get on my feet pretty quickly. 

I'm hoping someone who is also recovering from this sort of injury would like to be sidekicks with me. It is easy to get frustrated by the limitations of what I'm able to do, doing an hour of physical therapy exercises a day and not feeling like I'm making any progress towards weight loss or general strength, and setbacks, such as this past weekend when my leg got caught climbing off a stationary bike, resulting in pain and having to stop even PT exercises for over a week. 

After my last surgery, I was never back to 100%, and activities like running or hiking over rough terrain were out of my reach. Whenever a workout plan called for jumping jacks, I had to figure out a workaround. This time, I'm determined to get back to the point where I can do any activity I want. 

If you're interested, or know someone else who might be, let me know!

Thanks!
Amy

Hey, there. Not sure how similar a situation you're looking for, but here's me:

Sprained my left ankle really badly a few months back (I know it sounds lame, but bear with me). I was on cruches for two months, and had to use a cane for another two. I still can't walk or run without pain or discomfort, and simply don't have the range of motion to point my foot past around 100 degrees from the shin.

What you said about frustrations in physical therapy really resonated with me; I feel precisely the same way. Sometimes it seems that the PTs themselves don't really understand the injury, or how to treat it, which can be even more disheartening.

Best of luck to you.

Half elf Ranger 2

Str 3, Dex 3, Sta 2, Con 2, Wis  2, Cha 2