klaymates raises money for Rethink.org

You see this awesomeness?  It's called dancewalking.  I love it.  I do it around the house.  I do it in parking garages.  I've even done it coming home from a run to Gangnam Style for some middle schoolers.  Now, I want to raise money with it.

For every British pound raised for Rethink.org (check them out, super spiffy site they have!) I will dancewalk 10 meters around Biel.  Now Biel isn't a huge city, but it's pretty big.  And it's super pedestrian-y.  And loads of people will see me doing it.

Which is exactly what I want.  

I'll be repping Rethink Mental Illness with a spiffy t-shirt they are giving me while I dance, with Scurry plodding along behind me to record my major debut for your sole enjoyment.

I'm even working out how to live stream!

My goal is to raise 500 poundaroonies.  If I reach this goal by the end of the challenge, that means I will be dancewalking a 5k.  How cool is that!  Wouldn't you love to see how many random Swiss folk I can get to join along in my 5k dancewalk through beautiful Biel?  Yes.  The answer is yes.

Have I gone nutters??  No doubt.  But it's going to be so fun!  So come on, dig in for me--pack a brown bag and skip lunch at the cafeteria or give up your morning frappecrappewhatacino and donate to my fundraiser.  Please!?  It's a challenge goal!  You can even do it more than once!  IMAGINE!

But for all seriousness and real-feels...this is a very important cause to me.  Any little donation will probably send me over the rainbow.  

Check my siggy for the link!  Thanks for reading!

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

so.... you will give videos to us?

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Great cause and big props for doing something to help others!!  Good luck!

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Best of luck! I think it's a great idea! :D

Thanks very much!  I'll be sure to compliment your hair at some point this winter!

OMG Klay, this is so amazing!!! 

I would totally dance walk around the world with you!!!

I love you so very much!

I'm sorry I couldn't donate more!

You're amazing!  I so love love you.  Thank you Pixar! <3 <3 <3

so.... you will give videos to us?

Most certainly! 

Great cause and big props for doing something to help others!!  Good luck!

Thanks so much!

Lovelovelove

xoxox thank you for inspiration and loving me and being amazing.

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

Saw the link in your sig first, hopped over to sponsor a couple of dancewalking meters and now found this thread after the fact... :D

Great idea, and great cause! Looking forward to the video! ;)

You rock! \m/

Thanks so much for your donation!  Feel free to demand a special dance move in your honor.  

Also, I have a form here where you can suggest songs for my dancewalk playlist!

I may or may not have suggested the Pokemon theme song, now off to work out how to donate so you can (hopefully) dance walk to the Pokemon theme song

Edit: can't donate but I have tweeted it in the hope that someone that follows me can

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Thanks so much Shortstuff!  I appreciate the word up!

I I think that we need a sample video so that we can determine your dancing style so that we know the best songs and dances and or styles to recommend in order to make the best fit if you know what I mean

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Still uploading and processing.  May not be available for a few more minutes.  Check back later if you can't see it yet!

Awesome - thanks for the demo! Will your mini join you in your dancewalk? :D

I wouldn't *demand* a special dance move, but Travolta in Pulp Fiction always cracks me up... Maybe you could work a little Travolta tribute in? :)

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

how did it go??

Spoiler