Pallas Athena Is Reorganizing

Pallas Athena

Quick post to let everyone know that i'm sitting out this challenge, but not sitting back during this time.

I was sick with a respiratory virus for the first week of the challenge so didn't get my goals planned. However, I had a lot of time to think while I was recovering, so here's what I'm doing with this time:

1. Taking a writing course to get my book started and well underway.
  2. Moving my exercise equipment (treadmill, kettlebells, etc.) to a room above the garage. It will make a perfect home gym and will give me more room to do bodyweight exercises comfortably.
  3. Looking back at what I've learned and what has worked so far (and what hasn't) so I can have a set of goals ready for the next challenge that will be pretty finely tuned.
  4. Trying to finish reading "Becoming a Supple Leopard" by Kelly Starrett. Mobility and flexibility and balance are issues for me that I haven't yet found good ways to approach. I'm still very much experimenting, and hope to have a program worked out for the next challenge.
  5. Rearranging my living space so I can work sitting crosslegged on my meditation cushion. I had a serious back problem during the last challenge, and I think they way I sit to work at the computer was a large part of the cause. I don't want to do that again, but it's going to take some major furniture moving. I'm fixing some other living space problems at the same time that have been bugging me for awhile, too.

I'm finally able to work at the computer again now without major coughing spells, so will be popping in to see how friends are doing from time to time. Wanted to let everyone know I haven't dropped out, though.

Hope the Rebellion continues as strong as ever for all of you!

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

Hi, lilbichy! This thread was from last time, actually. I haven't had time to start my new challenge thread yet. That's my task for tomorrow (or later today). Thanks for checking!

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines