Sir Hammerlock joining late for #3

SirHammerlock

Hi guys,

better late than never I thought when I decided to join this challenge as my third one. After I really sucked during the last challenge and had kind of a breakdown with my eating and workout habits, I will use the last four weeks of this challenge to get back on track.

My main quest

Therefore, my motto for this challenge and also my motivation is to get back on track to be in shape to continue the journey I started at the beginning of the last challenge with the next one, which will then be my fourth.

To accomplish this, I will

• get back to my full-time paleo diet by eating paleo after the 80/20 rule for this challenge
  • do the Rebel Strength Training Level 1 Dumbbell Divition and Barbell Bataillion to muscle up and start living up to my big inspiration Stacy
  • alternate Strength Training with Yoga most of the time when I am at my fianceés appartment and don't have access to a gym (that is Strength Training mostly Tuesday to Thursday from about 15th October, when I am done with moving into my new appartment and doing only Dumbbell and Yoga until then).

After I have completed this challenge, I will get back to my goals from the last challenge and continue the Barbell Training.

Grades are the same as in my other challenges: A for getting the goals done all weeks, B for three weeks, C for two weeks, and D for one week. By completing this goals I will earn +3 STR, +1DEX, +1STA, +2CON, +2WIS 

My side quest

I am adapting my fitness side quest from the last challenge, so: On all days of the week I won't play video games nor watch TV after 8pm to improve my sleeping habits and I will also try to watch fewer TV generally and read more books.

For completing this quest I will earn +2WIS.

• Like 2

Better late than not at all. Glad to have you back, looking forward to seeing you kick this challenge's butt!

• Like 1

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

Hey guys,

little weekly update: I have been doing quite fine this week, having sticked to my eating and fitness goals most of the time (except for my grandmas birthday on friday, where I had a few slices of her homemade cake ;). After I kind of ruined my eating habits when I was in London (mac and cheese, my old enemy), I have been doing really much better over the last week and I feel my body adjusting to paleo again as I am getting stomach aches when I am eating grains (bread etc.). Additionally to my excercise routine I am trying some new things towards my older goal of being able to do a handstand and overall I just feel much more energized and happy again (only yesterday I got depressed because of my grandpa, since the day before I was at my grandmas birthday and visited his grave and then the sorrow kicked in just a day later, but I am fine today). Also, I am trying to motivate my mother to getting fit again (when my other grandma, who died last year and who was her mother, lived at my parent's, my mother was very active driving her around in her wheelchair and going swimming every day, she could do ten pull-ups). My mother is a vegetarian and very thin, so I am always a bit worried that she is too thin and therefore I am trying to get her doing swimming and weight training and eating more.

So, overall, seems like I am really back in the game ;).

@Feisty: Yeah, I am trying to let the yoga support my strength training, so I have been doing the 15mins abs workout from the "Yoga for the warrior" DVD by Bob Harper. That is really kicking my ass, since I am just a beginner at yoga. Are there any good books or dvds or internet pages etc. on CorePower Yoga you could recommend?

So, following the goals of the third mini-challenge, I am adjusting my summary:

1. Your accomplishments.  Well, I did eat paleo most of the time, so I've accomplished one more step to being where I want to be again regarding my eating habits.

2. The things you faced or overcame.  I realized again that non-paleo food is bad for my body in a way that I am actually feeling how bad it is; now I have to remind me of that every time I face certain temptations, when I am hungry and on the road and lie to myself when I am telling me that there is nothing else for me to eat than what they have at that bakery over there.

3. How amazing you’re doing. I really am BACK ON TRACK! HURRAAAHH!

4. The steps you have left to take.  From 70-80% Paleo (now) to 90-100% Paleo (the future) and building a tight fitness schedule after I have finished moving in the second half of October (begin training with barbells).

Great to see how well you're doing!

As far as motivating your mother, be careful with that. Sometimes those efforts can have the opposite effect of what you want, she needs to want to do it herself first and then come into it on her own. If not then she'll not have the desire to push through the eventual roadblocks.

4.44%
4.44%

@Welkin: I probably did say it a bit harsh, I am not pushing her, just trying a little motivation, cause she herself feels she wants to get this fitter body again. She is just frustrated, that she has nothing left of her former strength and that is somehow preventing her from going for it. But she is really disciplined once she's onto something (when she was learning Turkish for teaching German to foreigners, she studied crazy eight hours a day for the exam). So, overall she wants to do it, she just needed some advice and a push in the right direction ;).

I like the cutoff point for games in order to get some sleep.  There's a lot of times that I NEED to get my character to a certain level before bed.  Good to see you're getting back on track.  My mom is extremely motivated too except when it comes to food.  She quit smoking after doing it for 20+ years.  Just wish she could find the strength to eat right.  She's a NURSE; she sees what happens to people all the time.

@all: Hi everyone, as I posted on the acc-buddy-group, I didn't have Internet this week in my new flat I moved into on Monday. Since I got the stomach-flu on Tuesday (probably stress), this week didn't go as planned, both excercise and nutrition wise (of course no sports and only eating dry rusk, which isn't exactly paleo ;)). Well, I am counting this week out, then, since there was nothing I could have done against it.. But next week will be strong as ever again.

@terosx: Yeah, I know what you mean, my grandma was a nurse for some time, too, and she was eating pretty bad and smoking (but she quit smoking when she was about 75 and moving in with my parents who strictly forbid smoking in the house). My mother also should know better in some way, she is a vegetarian, so paleo is pretty much impossible for her, and she has studied some nutrition at the university, but she has some kind of a complex about being thin and she also finds it hard to motivate herself to do excercise, because she feels weak and it's frustrating for her. But she has realized that she feels good afterwards, so I think she is on the right way.

Internet problems suck for trying to keep up on internet sites. Taking care of yourself when you're sick is definitely more important than worrying about some random goals you just happened to setup for a short time period. Glad to see you back though.

4.44%
4.44%

Hey everyone, still not having internet at the moment, it has been impossible for me this last week of the challenge to keep updating my thread, next challenge will hopefully work normal again ;). Since I did the final adjustments with my moving to a new apartment (cleaning the old one and leaving the keys etc.), I couldn't do my normal workouts, but I consider the moving things excercise enough. I will return to my dailly routine later next week after I did a lecture on my thesis at another university on Wednesday - after that, life will really return to normal again, finally. My eating habits have been ok, although I had to eat what I could get sometimes on the road. 

Since this is the last day of this challenge, I will post a summary later next week.

Hey everyone, so, I am going to "report in". 

Goal 1: get back to my full-time paleo diet by eating paleo after the 80/20 rule for this challenge - pretty much nailed this one. I ate some crap, but sticked mostly to paleo, so I think I ate 80/20 at least most of the time.

Goal 2: do the Rebel Strength Training Level 1 Dumbbell Divition and Barbell Bataillion to muscle up and start living up to my big inspiration Stacy

alternate Strength Training with Yoga most of the time when I am at my fianceés appartment and don't have access to a gym (that is Strength Training mostly Tuesday to Thursday from about 15th October, when I am done with moving into my new appartment and doing only Dumbbell and Yoga until then). - I tried doing this and completed this goal except for the week when I got the stomach flu and needed my rest.

So, since I could do nothing against me getting ill from stress, I am awarding myself an A under the circumstances and earn +3 STR, +1DEX, +1STA, +2CON, +2WIS.

Side Quest: On all days of the week I won't play video games nor watch TV after 8pm to improve my sleeping habits and I will also try to watch fewer TV generally and read more books. - Meh, this didn't go so well, I did read more, didn't play very much videogames (mostly cause I didn't have the time) but I could help watching TV before sleep and got dreams about what I was watching (too much emergency room, though ;)). This has to get better, so I am giving myself a C on this one, and +1 WIS.

Overall, I learned very much throughout this challenge, which I will use to getting better at the next one. Level up, I guess ;).

For completing this quest I will earn +2WIS.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines