Mini-Quest 2: The Silence

Chanda

This set of mini-quests is inspired by the cult classic Pulp Fiction. This movie divides people. Some people love it, others find it offensive due to its violence, explicit themes and coarse language. Whatever you think of the movie, we Druids like to find the best in anything. And that is exactly what we are doing.  

401141x480.jpg

This is the 2nd of 5 short mini-quests (changed from last week when we were planning to do 4 short and 1 long quest, now we have 5 short). If you are a Druid that completes all 5 mini-quests, you can allocate yourself 1 attribute point (your choice of which attribute gets it). 

The first mini-quest was The Look. It was inspiring to read about so many of us needing some wardrobe editing (thanks Eirlys for the new use of this word!)... It is a sign of just how successful our fitness journey is, even if we dont notice a difference in our day to day!

Mia: Don't you hate that?
Vincent: What?
Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshit in order to be comfortable?
Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence.

tumblr_m9hpqjC8Ev1qhghzzo1_500_large.jpg

Short movie clip... to be watched only if you are not offended by explicit language. 

Mini-Quest 2: THE SILENCE (running from 01.Oct to 07.Oct):

For this week your quest is to:

1. Listen more and talk less. 
  2. Switch off background noise distractions. For example: if you are not actively watching it, switch off the TV.

Enjoy quiet time. Silence is priceless.

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

Oooh. This is a good one. In honor of this challenge, when I walk this week, I will shut off the podcasts and just walk! Since I walk outside, it won't be "silent", but I will be much more aware of things around me. It will be an exercise in mindfulness, as well as being exercise!

Level 3 Human Druid

[sTR: 3] [DEX:8] [sTA:5] [CON:9] [WIS:8] [CHA:2]

Previous Challenge Thread: A Wild Anna Appears

Current Challenge Thread: Just one Anna, Just TWO challenges!

Walking to Lothlorien: On the road south of Rivendell

Twitter: @justanna

This has been interesting this week since I am going through a lot of introductions and I have actively tried to speak less (I speak a lot when I am nervous and sometimes when I want to make a good impression) and listen more. People like when you listen  :nevreness:

I have chosen to believe in myself.

This mini-quest has so few posts... I guess you are all taking the "less talk" mini-quest to heart!

My mother in law is visiting (and has been here for the past 3 weeks). She asked if everything was OK a few days ago... I am usually such a huge chatter-box and suddenly I went quiet. Mostly I was quiet because I am exhausted and struggling to string 2 works together... but I have also been mindful of listening more. :)

I have also slept 2 whole nights without using my iPod to listen to music or podcasts. Plus I have switched off TV/music/radio whenever no one was actively listening or watching. :)

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

This has been interesting this week since I am going through a lot of introductions and I have actively tried to speak less (I speak a lot when I am nervous and sometimes when I want to make a good impression) and listen more. People like when you listen  :nevreness:

Very true! :)

I am giggling about what people will think when you suddenly start speaking a lot next week. :))

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

I've tried doing this over the weekend, however my brain happily supplies tunes to fill the silence out of its own personal audio cache. 

As I happened to be listening to System of a Down on Friday night before I went home from work, my mind has replayed over & over a man screaming about tapeworm for the last 2 days!  And the more depressing lyrics from that same tune.

I think I need to curate a few track-lists for my music player for different times of the day, e.g. energiser/power songs for early morning, concentration-powering for the daytime, etc to help manage my life's soundtrack!

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

I totally missed this, but usually do it anyway.  There is a "drainage pond" I pass on one of my daily walks that often has things like great blue herons in it.  I like to stop by the pond and just listen for a few minutes, especially if things are hectic back in the office.  A bit over a week ago (during this actual challenge week), I saw a large fish just jump out of the water.  I knew there were big fish in that pond, but not that big.  No wonder the herons and egrets like it.

Level 8 Human Druid

STR 10 DEX 8.5 STA 11 CON 11 WIS 11 CHA 12

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not Eureka! (I found it!) but rather, 'hmm... that's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov

I totally missed this, but usually do it anyway.  There is a "drainage pond" I pass on one of my daily walks that often has things like great blue herons in it.  I like to stop by the pond and just listen for a few minutes, especially if things are hectic back in the office.  A bit over a week ago (during this actual challenge week), I saw a large fish just jump out of the water.  I knew there were big fish in that pond, but not that big.  No wonder the herons and egrets like it.

That sounds like a great spot! I think that counts even if you didnt know the mini-quest was on!

Oh and the next mini-quest is up!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38336-mini-quest-3-the-playlist/

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines