jonnyGold's 7th Treasure Hunt - Become a Tough Mudder

ionAurum

Exercise & Diet

I realize that I'm very late to the party here and apologize to my fellow Adventurers who tried to keep me focused; I simply lost focus and the fire.

My total lack of conditioning and build up of mass attributable to being a slacker so far this summer & fall was made evident during
the last few Haganah sessions. I could barely keep up. That changes starting today.  I am now mentally prepared to take the world by storm.  Also, registering for this April's Tough Mudder in the Poconos is one hell of a motivator.

After reading an excellent article on Lifehacker, I decided to sign right up.  I have the following chains that I shall not break.  My rebellious goals align with them directly.

Goal #1 - No Beer Until Halloween +1 CON

Goal #2 - Cold Shower Every Day +1 CON

Goal #2 -Eat Clean and Fuel the Machine +1 WIS, +2 CON, +2 STA

• No more whining or lollygagging - just get up.
  • Every other day is for body weight strength training - Recruit
  • Off days are for cardio (kettlebell swings) and flexibility (focused stretching routine)

Goal #4 - Exercise Every Day +2 STR, +2 DEX, +2 STA

• Sunday is for running
  • Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are for the Recruit workouts
  • Tuesday and Thursday are for kettle bell swings
  • Saturday morning and either Monday or Wednesday evening (depending on the week) are for Haganah FIGHT & ITK
  • Evening TV time is for self-myofascial release

Lifestyle

Goal #5 - Organize the Museum +1 WIS, +1 CHA

• Dining room table
  • Kitchen - Baker's Rack
  • Garage/Guitar workshop
  • Kitchen - cabinets & pantry
  • Kids' rooms (storage & organization)

Earned treasure: Rebel Alliance insignia tattoo on right calf once body fat is below 25%

Ion Aurum 0th Level Viking Monk

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

"Prepare for victory! Our minds have been awakened. Rid your life of tyranny. We are The Resistance." - Iced Earth's V

How often did you workout before starting this?  If you're going from 0-1 workouts a week to now 7 times a week, most people get burned out after 2 weeks.  The body just can't handle that big of a change in such a short time frame.  If you were already working out 4-5 times a week, that might be feasible.  But your body does need some sort of rest so the muscles can heal themselves.  I should really start taking cold showers, considering how I sometimes want to fall asleep.  Good goals.

Besides that, welcome and Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback, terosx.  You're right in that a big jump can be daunting.  However, I generally jump in with both feet first ;)  Also, I've been doing physically demanding martial arts twice per week so I'm not worried.  That said, I didn't get my run in yesterday.

"Prepare for victory! Our minds have been awakened. Rid your life of tyranny. We are The Resistance." - Iced Earth's V

Starting Stats as of 10/7/2013
  • Height: 71"
  • Neck: 17"
  • Waist @ bellybutton: 44.5"
  • Chest: 45"
  • Left Bicep: 16.25"
  • Right Quad: 21"
  • Weight: 237.5#
  • Body Fat: 30.89%

Sorry, terosx.  Faded out for a bit... I study Hanagah FIGHT and Israeli Tactical Knife fighting.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines