"Get up more than you fall, and then you are a success."

First and foremost I would like to acknowledge @alienjenn .

don't worry about yesterday... it's in the past...

start over tomorrow... start over monday.... start over as many times as you need to

it isn't failure until you stop trying... if you give up for 3 weeks or 4 or 9 or 52 or 5000 weeks... but then you try again... it still isn't failure...

as long as you make the decision to try again it IS NOT failure... it isn't

no matter how many times you fall.... that doesn't matter

getting up is what matters

get up more than you fall

and you are a sucess

rafiki011.jpg?w=487

This is what she told me last night.  I loved it! â¤  Told her I was going to steal it. LOL

So, the title of my Daily Battle Log is from her.  First person I met here at NF.  Good start I would say. :D

Motivation:

Anytime I see something that motivates me, I'm going to put it in this post, keep it all nice and organized and easy to find.

10/5/13 - "What we mean when we say we need a break"  (Saw this in another part of the forums here and it hit home, putting it here so its easy for me to find again.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amanda-king/stay-at-home-parent_b_2558642.html

10/6/13 -

fitness-motivation-sign-25.jpg?w=490

Friday October 4, 2013 - Stats

207.8 - Lbs.

2264  - Calories

20      - Minutes on my elliptical - 2 miles

7        - Cigarettes

2.1     - Liters Soda

0        - Water

Learned that my target heart rate is 114-161 and finally figured out the definition of "Reps" and "Sets".  I could never figure out which one was which.

There are a lot of changes I would like to make in my life, and unlike so many tries before, I am ready to take initiative and stick with it no matter what.  I have finally learned that having a bad day or two is not a good enough reason to give up.  I love this site, and how it takes real life and turns it into an RPG.  Best idea I have ever seen.  So I am going to start by making a few small "Noob Quests" (I put it in quotations because I feel the term "Noob" is used as a demeaning term in some games.  We all have to start somewhere.  I always get upset when my lvl 3-4k friends on Mabinogi start picking on people and calling them "Noobs" like its a bad thing.  Sure I'm over 2k lvls myself, but I remember being new.)

• Track everything for two weeks straight - Calories, exercise, what I do with my time, mood, how much I smoke.  Everything, and I'm going to say this is not complete until I am able to do it for two weeks without missing a day.  Trying to build a habit here.  That way I can see what changes I need to make to "Level up my life".  (I love that term)

Now, just from the first day of tracking everything I already have things I want to change.  Quite a few in fact so I'll list these quests here.

• Stop Smoking - It's bad for me, plain and simple.  I have known this for years.  It's bad for my family as well.  I have tried patches, gums, electronic cigarettes, and even tried quitting cold turkey all with the same results.  The withdraws make me extremely irritable and angry.  Making me snap at everyone around me.  (At one point my family bought me a pack and said, "Here, we are safer when you have these."   :offended:  So, my newest approach, will be to try to smoke one less cigarette every other day.  
  • Stop Drinking Soda - Yesterday I noticed that nearly half my calories were from soda, it made me go "WOW, really?"  I could lose like 3 lbs a week by just cutting them out all together and not changing anything else.  Kinda scary.  I know I need to start eating more, eating healthier, and drinking less soda.  I get caffeine withdraws as bad as the nicotine withdraws so I am going to wean myself off of it as well.  My approach will be to drink a little bit less every day.
  • Drink more water - To be honest, I rarely drink any water.  I know that is terrible, and I am going to fix it.  My goal is to get up to 8 glasses a day by Christmas.
  • Start Exercising - I am a stay at home mom/gamer, we rarely go and do anything because of my husband's work schedule and the fact that I am always tired.  I know that with exercise I can build up my strength and energy back up.  For right now, my goal is to do 2 miles on the elliptical every day, while I continue to figure out and build a routine that I am able to do without hurting myself.
  • Eat Healthier - No brainier, I know.  Something I have been working on for a while now.  It is difficult in my home to find healthy food to eat.  My husband and children are all very picky and do not like "Healthy" stuff.  I plan of attack here is going to be to add a new recipe, probably a side dish of some kind that is healthy to every meal.  Or maybe I'll try to do a full healthy meal once a week to start off and if they refuse to eat it they can "Fend for themselves"  Not quite sure how that is going to work out.  Any stories or suggestions you would like to share about this would be awesome.  Recipes too, if you have any that are healthy but have minimal fruit/veggies in them for my family to try.  (On a side note, I love fruits and veggies.  I always try to buy some when we go shopping, and I do sometimes, but I usually can't eat them all by myself before they go bad.)
  • Motivation - I need to remember to do something fun, or find something inspiring every day.  I get so caught up in homeschooling, cleaning and taking care of the kids that I forget to take time for myself.   So, I'm adding it to my quests to find or do something every day to get me motivated.  Something fun. (IE. Listen to music, find inspirational pictures and add them to my wall, play a game, etc.)
  • Learn - I want to learn something new about the lifestyle I am working towards every day.  (IE. New recipe, new exercise, etc.)

If you read all of this, sorry for my insanely long post.  I'm anxious to read everyone's thoughts and make friends here.  I need all the support and motivation I can get, and hopefully, with these posts, I can inspire someone else as well.