"Upgrading My Bodyware & OS" - Journal to a Modern .ME

Hey Nerds! Read mah intro here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38293-cmon-people-were-making-now-my-design-4-life-os/#entry734388

Here's my insanely geeky way to represent my fitness level in a way that I find amusing!

Starting Spec: (07/10/2013, inR Level 0)  :nonchalance: 

Weight:

264.5lbs

Psych Level: 1.5/10

Power Input: Vegetarian,

First week since installation 

Programs Installed: 

Nerd Fitness Rebel Guide

Yourshape Fitness Evolved

Current Kit: Weights

Tasks Running:

Cardio Sessions

Cardio Boxing

Weight Lifting

Bugs, Malware, and Infections:

Asthma: Initially bad, Improving.

Bypassed Neutral BMI Levels

Cannot Overclock for long

Poor Attention span, Short term memory

Lack of Natural Sources of Energy 

GPS tracker faulty

Navigation driver fault

Decreased cognition functions

High Stress Output

Recent Changelog: 03-07/10/2013

Changed to Natural Sources of Energy

Increased Protein Sources: Quorn/Meatfree, Quinoa

Increased Physical Output (every 48hrs) (90mins)

Increased Tea Consumption

Decreased Food Consumption

Increased Stamina +1

Increased Confidence +1

Picture log will be recorded every month.

More updates pending.

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

Thanks illc! Thanks for your recommendation on dirtbag diaries too, will listen! :-)

Progress 07/10/2013 (Duration: 1hr 45mins including brief breaks when necessary)

(performed via YourShape Fitness Evolved)

Warm up

5mins Arms,

10mins Legs, 

25min Cardio Workout,

10min Cardio Boxing

5min Glutes

15mins Performed Weight Exercises using 3kg weights in each hand)

Performed one Nerd Fitness Beginner Bodyweight Circuit Workout (before tiring from the previous sessions, gonna give it a proper go)

Warm up

Notepad:

Feel okay as I've already been carrying out this workout for under a week, and prior a month ago, so not much aches, or difficulties.

Emotionally okay, I know what I'm exercising for... 

...for now anyways.

Food:

Lot of ginger teas throughout day!

JustRight/Branflakes Cereal

Apple, Banana, Lettuce

Soba Noodles with Quorn pieces and stir fry!

Lentils

Chicken Quorn pieces.

Progress 08/10/2013 

In my interval, Jogged for 20mins around the block

Notepad:

Feeling great today, having:

Lots of ginger tea again!

Some bran flakes cereal

Fruit

20cm Wholewheat Multigrain Fresh Baguette with tomato, cucumber, lettuce, cheese, and 1x quorn buger.

1x Whey Protein Choc

Fruit

Omelet (first time making it) with Quinoa, 2 eggs, cottage cheese, onions, tomatoes, etc

Lentils

Some Quorn Chicken Pieces

Fruit

and...tea! (what a twist!)

Verdict: 

Great! Gotta say I'm trying to have less grains, but being a vegetarian and prior a carb-lover it's a little hard omitting it.

Felt less guilty about it being multi-grain + having a shed-load of protein for dinner though!

Bought whey protein today, was scared to prior but I felt confident that it was the right thing to have, esp. being a vegetarian and reading the NF article on it.

Progress 09/10/2013 (Duration: 1hr 45mins including brief breaks when necessary)

Warm up

5mins Arms,

5mins Legs, 

45min Cardio Workout,

15min Cardio Boxing

15mins Performed Weight Exercises using 6kg weights in each hand)

Performed one Nerd Fitness Beginner Bodyweight Circuit Workout (I keep tiring from prev. session, but I don't want to stop using YSFE2012 just yet as it's really helping me co-ordinate and sweat!

Cool Down

Notepad: Great, protein filled day!

1 1/2x Quinoa Waffles

Protein Shake + Peanut Butter

Ginger tea

Skipped lunch, had my hands full!

After exercise,  I had dinner

Lentils,

1x Quorn burger

2x Quinoa Waffles to have with lentils

Small Salad

Protein Shake + Peanut Butter 

More ginger tea

Really feeling the benefits! I feel more agile + I never had to use my inhaler, NOT EVEN ONCE!!!! THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY!!!

I mean, I noticed every day I started to use it less, I usually been needing it 3x because it's quite cold, but I never knew it would be pretty non existent! It makes me wanna cry just thinking I can lead a life without having asthma ruining it. Looking forward to seeing more benefits, my body seems very happy! :-)

Overall really happy now that I'm getting enough protein in my diet, I'm more full, energetic and alert! Big whoop indeed!

On to the next day! I decided every Sundays should be weighing day, and every 30 days is picture day. Very happy with progress.

Progress 10/10/2013 

In my interval, walked to and back from shopping.

Notepad:

Was constipated badly today from the lack of fruit from the day prior, I remedied this in the late afternoon with lots of fruit. So far:

2x Quinoa waffles from yesterday

2x Quorn burger

Tomato, cucumber, lettuce with the above

Protein shake

Bag of mixed nuts (partial amount)

1x banana

1x clementine

1x apple

Couscous with broccoli, califlower, carrots, peas, tomato, mushrooms, quorn mince pieces, soy sauce

1x banana

1x clementine

1x apple

Verdict: 

Constipation was painful, but with a quick google search i think the result of it isn't the whey protein itself, but the need to have more fibre+water to break it down, so I did this and felt better later on today, I'll need to make sure I have more fruit at hand in the future. I down wanna quit my protein shake, I need it!

Progress 11/10/2013 

No exercise due to really bad constipation, like, can't do anything because of it. I have to stay off the shakes, go really bad in the afternoon and i even now I can't get to sleep :-(

Notepad:

I made sure I ate a lot of fibre+fruit yesterday, and today with no luck.

lettuce

Brand flakes with honey

Protein shake

Shepards pie quorn x2

1x banana

1x clementine

1x apple

Soba noodles with broccoli, califlower, carrots, peas, tomato, mushrooms, quorn mince pieces, soy sauce

Shepards pie quorn x1

1x clementine

Verdict: I am certain the protein shake is doing all this, it's really bad and it really hurts, couldn't exercise as a result and I'm really disapointed because of it. I'm gonna lay off and try a different brand later.

Progress 12/10/2013 (Duration: 3hr+ including nephew and brief breaks when necessary)

Warm up

5mins Arms,

10mins Legs, 

45min Competitive Cardio Workout,

15min Cardio Boxing

15mins Performed Weight Exercises using 6kg weights in each hand)

1hr Nephew was teaching me moves/exercises he learnt from his martial arts, great bonding time :-)

Cool Down

Notepad: There was a lot of moving around inside and out today, so I forgot to each substantially...

1xClementine, 1xBanana

Herbal Tea

Herbal Tea

1hr before exercise (cutting it close, I know),  I had dinner:

2x Quorn shepherd's pie

Small Salad

Fruit

Soy Protein Shake + 

Tea

Verdict: Good, fun day. In the morning, I was down because of how constipated I was yesterday. I even had no plans to exercise, but when my 14 year old nephew came later he was intrigued to see yourshape fitness evolved, so we played competitively, which was awesome, then I did the rest of my workout solo whilst talking/getting assistance from him. Then that's when he showed me a few martial arts practice exercises, and it was all fun and brought me back into a great mood again.

I haven't really confided in anyone I know yet, but he was the first, and was really supportive. Even though he's my nephew, I'm only 7 years older so I see him as a young brother of sorts :-)

II really didn't eat much though, I gotta say I was simply busy earlier/having too much fun to notice... Just one of those days...

Sunday Diagnostics: 13/10/2013

This is basically my weekly progress report, I choose Sundays as it's a great time to reflect on the week past and to prepare for the next. As it's also my cooldown day (can chillax from food+fitness routines from the rest of the week ) it also means I'll stay focused. 

These are the stats:

Current weight: 260.5lbs (approx. 4lbs lost since 07/10/2013)

Verdict: Happy, this is certainly progress! :-) Bring on the next week...

Still getting a little constipated, even with the soya protein (I returned my whey protein) but not as much. Any advice would be helpful, I'm thinking of having half a scoop, if nothing works then, there's not much I can do... :-(

Sunday Food: teas, fruits, 2x Quorn burger sandwiches, 1x shepherd's pie, veggie omellete. So yeah, nothing strictly speaking unhealthy :-)

Progress: 14-16/10/2013

Been a busy/fun few days, apologies for the lack of updates...

Here's a quick run down:

Monday: Stupidly constipated, still ate well/healthy, no exercise unfortunately due to pain.

Tuesday: Celebrating on an elder sisters success, went to her house, ate healthy, no exercise.

Wednesday: Pain is gone! (Yippie)

Exercises:

Warm up

5mins Arms,

5mins Legs, 

5mins Waist,

30mins Competitive Cardio Workout,

15min Cardio Boxing

1x Nerd Fitness Beginner Workout

15-20min Weights Session (Squats, Arms, Shoulders, Kneeling Push ups, Torso)

Cooldown

Food: All healthy, but I overate a little too much for dinner, to the point it gave me a stomach ache and some puking. Should of just used a smaller plate. It was horrible. Old habits of filling up a plate more than you could chew!

...lesson learned...

Whoah, huge update to make here! Apologies, it's been a busy week preping up for a relatives wedding, birthdays, etc. Rest assured that I've been on target so far... :-) However, still need to get a proper fitness routine (e.g. weights) running since last Wednesday, though I've definitely have gotten exercise through other ways. 

Thursday: Healthy Food (similar routine of food to previous days) +1hrs of walking on this day

Friday: Healthy Food (similar routine of food to previous days & treid a mini protein shake) +4hrs of walking on this day (due to errands, etc) 

Saturday (Birthday Event): Healthy Food (similar routine of food to previous days) -1hrs of walking

Sunday (Wedding Event): Wedding Food (Not Strictly Speaking Healthy!) -1hrs of walking Additional: Felt really ill that night

Monday:  Healthy Food (similar routine of food to previous days e.g. shirataki noodles, lentils + detoxing from previous day) +1hrs of walking on this day

now that things are less hectic, I can resume daily progress reports. Oh, and while I'm at it...

Sunday Diagnostics: 20/10/2013

Weighed myself in the Morning, and despite doing less of the exhaustive exercises, I still lost just under 2lbs, which is definitely progress, putting my current weight

at 258.7lbs (approx. 5.8lbs lost since 07/10/2013)

I gotta say, my wellbeing is so much better than it's ever been, feeling active, clean, asthma improved, all round better. 

I had a choice to attend and eat at that wedding, and I chose to go, because I was confident I would feel in control and I knew I wasn't getting in a diet, but a sustainable life change and approach in the way I eat primarily + it was a sunday, which is my laid back-ish sort of day... but yeah, happy with progress, happy that day has passed (cause that food made me ill) and that a week full of events is now over *phew* and I survived.

Progress: 22-23/10/2013

Okay, routine has been pretty much like the week prior, healthy food but no proper physical exercises outside of walking and the occasional run. Gonna rectify that today, honest!

Been really enjoying the types of healthy food I've been making/experimenting with, really helps with my general my mood, activity and asthma, which so far is almost non-existent.

Today though, while working at a local coffee shop, I just experienced my first urge to just eat something, and my mind was being really persuasive about it, with stuff like "oh go on, treat yourself, you can have a meal, just this once, it's looks and it's known to be pretty healthy!" but I managed to resist, thinking "why do I need this right now? Is it worth the cost of payment and calories?" and knowing me, having it once will trigger me to be lenient with my decisions the next time, in which it will then be history repeating itself.

In the end, I just told myself "look, you have a time and a day to be rewarding yourself/be a bit lenient with yourself, and that's Sundays, there's no valid reason to treat yourself today to something, just wait" and it really worked for me. I purchased an apple and a banana locally and was able to continue with what I wanted to do. Sunday is a great time to be a little lenient, it doesn't screw up anything else and if i need to eat lenient at some other point in the week (eg a wedding, celebration, event, party, etc) then just sacrifice the Sunday, it's helpful to justify your urges and be reasonable rather then working against it, force it one way or dismissing it entirely.

Imo it's one of the most important lessons I've learned so far. It's something I really felt applies to work and procrastination too, there's a time for working and a time for playing, rather then ignoring one for the other (which I often tend to do regarding sacrificing play time for work, which I'm sure affects my work pace, quality and for sure wellbeing when it goes on like this for weeks.

Anyways, laters! When I'm finished, gonna go home and burn some calories! ;-)

Progress: 24/10/2013:

Okay, great day! Esp. when I wrote yesterdays post, I just felt pumped and jumped straight in!

And on that day, I abandoned the YourShape exercises. Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna use them/other modes too (+ it really helped with coordination and first phases) but I now want to focus on the NF's Beginner Circuit because imo it seems like a more revised version Max Capacity workouts, which I've found useful on my last attempt a few months ago.

I was really surprised how difficult it became. I really tried to overclock myself (so to speak!) here, and sustain that record/surpass it the best I can. Here's are the results:

Warm Up 10 mins

Bodyweight Squats (w/ Arms Behind Head): 25/35/35

Push Ups (w/ Knees on Floor): 35/35/40

Lunges: 25/30/30

DB Row (Both Arms) @6kg: 30/30/30 

Plank (sec): 60/30x2/35

Jumping Jacks 35/35/35

Additional (w/ weights): 

Knees on Floor, raising both weights up: 12/12

Body on Floor, weight push ups 40/40

Lunges were consistently hard, and planking definitely became hard, in time I'm sure i'll improve so I'll keep at it. Really made me sweat too, and it's nice to just jump into exercise without having to prep room for kinect, wait for loading, etc plus I can't rely on such a thing forever, this is a far more sustainable solution. 

Progress: 25/10/2013:

So far healthy eating, and a decent amount of walking :-)

Progress 26/10/13:

Healthy eating + had a nice duration of walking+chat in the park.

Sunday Diagnostics: 27/10/2013

Weighed myself in the Morning, and again, despite doing less of the exhaustive exercises, I still lost just under 2lbs, which is definitely progress, putting my current weight

at 257.2lbs (approx. 7.3lbs lost since 07/10/2013)

Decent progress, but I'll be sure to fit in more exhaustive exercises, less walking and continue with my healthy eating, which is going great! Loved my Quinoa Waffles I made today! :-) Cooking rocks!

28/10/13:

Another healthy day, another day catching up with work so I'm in the black.  Did some walking too!

29/10/13:

Right, got some me time, so that means one thing...Gonna burn some muscle! (Hahaha, always loved the way he says that, even though it doesn't make any sense, aren't you suppose to be burning FAT? lol!)

Notes: Did better than last time as you can see, doing it barefoot rather than wearing socks makes a huge difference!

Warm Up 10 mins

Bodyweight Squats (w/ Arms Behind Head): 30/30/35

Push Ups (w/ Knees on Floor): 40/40/45

Lunges: 30/30/35

DB Row (Both Arms) @6kg: 30/30/35 

Plank (sec): 60/55/60

Jumping Jacks 40/40/45

Additional (w/ weights): 

Knees on Floor, raising both weights up: 12

30/10/13:

So far so good, I'm recovering from a flu that my sis past onto me for a few days now, the reason I've not been yapping about it (like when I had that painful constipation) is that despite getting a load of sinuses coming out, I'm handling it really well, don't feel to weak at all, in fact, out of all the flus i've had, I'm handling this the best by far! 

UPDATE:

Though it was worth mentioning that yesterday I've been applying intermitted fasting to my lifestyle yesterday and today, but only from 8pm - noon the following day. I'm usually use to skipping breakfast anyway as i'm not really hungry in the morning anyways. I'm gonna keep this up, except on sundays, 'cause I love making panini meat-free burgers on my day off first thing in the morning ;-)

Sundays gonna be an interesting day, as I'll be officially a month in from starting my journey to well-being, healthy eating and fitness and as so i'll be updating my profile picture! Even if there is no physical sign of change yet, there is certainly an internal one...

31/10/13:

Great day! I decided to apply incremental fasting from 8pm the day before to the afternoon today, as my last attempt the day before was successful. 

The problem was, I wanted to exercise prior to breaking fast, and before exercising, I wanted to add additional weights because I felt I was ready to push it up a notch, when I was looking for them, my room was super messy and I just thought "might as well clean it up now" so I did that, then exercised and then by the time I was ready to eat it was 5.15pm! So I have fruits, a little protein shake and herbal tea and literally 2 and a half hours later I have my dinner (lentils and some rice with quorn pieces)

I want to continue to implement incremental fasting because I think it's sustainable in the long run, and this has been my number 1 focus from starting. And it isn't too hard either. I want to get more out of less.

Warm Up 10 mins

Bodyweight Squats (w/ Arms Behind Head): 35/35/35

Push Ups (w/ Knees on Floor): 40/50/50

Lunges: 35/40/35

DB Row (Both Arms) @7.5kg: 30/30/30

Plank (sec): 55/60/55

Jumping Jacks 45/45/60

Additional (w/ weights): 

Knees on Floor, raising both weights up: 12

Felt really worn out today, I think the extra 1.5kg per hand really push my limits so far, and as you can see, I could only consistently do 30 per arm per round.

Plus also got some compliments from a friend progress wise, always nice to get outside perspective! :-)

p.s. Unless otherwise, I'm going to apply incremental fasting every Mon-Sat. Only allow water of course, so I'm not going OTT and not having anything. Pleased with all the changes this week! :-)

01/11/2013:

Great day, healthy eating with intermittent fasting! Plus some walking too!

Food: Fruits and herbal tea for lunch and chickpeas, veg stir fry and quorn pieces for dinner.

02/11/2013:

Another day of healthy eating with intermittent fasting! Plus some walking too!

Food: Fruits and herbal tea for lunch and (family made food with some of my own additions) brown rice, veg stir fry and quorn pieces for dinner.

Sunday Diagnostics - 03/11/2013:

With all the changes I've made this week to my diet and fitness (with intermittent fasting and upping my dumbbells) I'm happy to say that I've lost approx 3.2lbs this week putting me at 254lbs, meaning that within a month I'm 10.5lbs lighter then when I started.

A chillaxing day with family. 2x Quorn burgers for breakfast, Teas during the day, in the evening I had (family made food with some of my own additions) brown rice, veg stir fry, quorn pieces and 1x quinoa waffle for dinner.

I'm ecstatic with the progress that has been made so far. I'll be updating my Bodyware and OS on my introduction thread and maybe on the first post here too.

Thanks everybody for your support, I'm pretty sure this is the biggest and quickest turnaround that I've ever experienced in regards to weight loss.Gonna Continue to make this THIRD-STRIKE COUNT! They'll be no complacency here! :-D

P.S. As promised, this months picture showcasing progress:

axk8yp.jpg

04/11/13: Intermittent fastings + healthy eating, but I never got much activity unfortunately, hopefully I can rectify that today with physical exercise. (lol I posted this in the interoduction thread!)

05/11/13: Great day! Intermittent fastings + healthy eating with fruits, teas and buckwheat soba noodles, veg, lentils and quorn for dinner. Did a good hour or so of walking...

06/11/13: I had a decent amount of time, which means... EXErcise!

Straight Leg Deadlift: 45/45/45 @15kg total 

Overhead Dumbell Press: 35/35/35 @15kg total 

Split Squat: 30/30/30 @15kg for one set then 0 for last two

1-arm Dumbell Row: 30/30/30 @ 15kg per arm 

Bird Dog: 32/32/32

Cardio: X/X/X (10mins each set)

Additional: None, because I was really pushing it today and can certainly feel it. It was around 2:30pm and I finished around 4pm whilst one an empty stomach and breaking my fast at 4:30pm. I should've exercised earlier or later, this timing isn't great because I should intend to eat on time if I wanna keep up with intermittent fasting. Hopefully next time I time it all better.

Broke fast with quinoa oats with raisins & peanuts, a banana and apple!

Just been feeling drained and mellow since, ate dinner around 8pm in which I made quorn chicken fillets (as pieces) with soba noodles and lotsa veg. Was going to experiment with a new quinoa recipe for dinner but I ended up doing it for lunch so I never bothered doing the same thing again.

*sigh* Today I just need some sleep, and ensure that tomorrow, I'll experiment something cool for dinner + make sure I don't fast for too long... Despite the weak feeling I'm going to persist with intermittent fasting because it does feel good to starve a little and for self discipline, control, and most of all, when done right (i.e. on time!) it does feel like a sustainable way of living...

07/11/13:

Great day, despite the fact that I'm aching like hell from the day before for some reason! :-( I think I overclocked things a little too far. But oh well! Hope to feel better for tomorrow. So yeah, another day of intermittent fasting and healthy eating, had some nuts and fruit at 3pm and then I had mixed vegetable couscous with some quorn mixed in and a spicy egg for protein.

08/11/13:

Okay, so far so good, but I'm still aching from 2 days ago! :-( But I'm planning to just fight through the pain! Will update later...

Update: I can't! I really wanted to, but im worried I'm gonna sustain an injury... :-( What's bizzare is that I haven't felt pain since starting, the only thing I can think of was jumping to a new exercise. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better and can resume...

But continuing on, today I had fruits and nuts at 3pm and then for dinner I had soba noodles with a spicy assortment of mixed vegetables and quorn with a pear for dinner.

09/11/2013:

Despite still carrying the aches and pains from prior, I did a little running, and it feels good! Still doing my intermittent fastings till 3pm, having fruits, nuts and herbal tea, basically the usual for my lunch lol!

For dinner, I had soba noodles, quorn mince, mixed vegetables and some salad all mixed in one. Tasty!

Sunday Diagnostics - 10/11/13:

Despite not doing as many cardio/weight exercising as much as I wanted to this week (still aching from the transition to level 2 worksouts) with the help of intermittent fasting a total healthy eating I managed to lose approx 2.2lbs putting me at 251.8lbs, putting my total weight loss since the start at 12.9lbs.

I'm happy with any deduction, but it does make me think that the more exercise I could've done if I weren't injured would've made the total closer to last weeks weight loss amount, but eh, 2.2lbs is good, i'll take it! (my body nearly recoverd, so soon enough so I can get back into my exercise routine again...) 

Also, really glad to be almost a stone away from the first pick 5 weeks ago, just to think down the road from now, another 5 stones gone and I'll have reached my goal, have a normal BMI level and (hopefully) I can say goodbye to asthma in my day to day life! That is some great motivation!

Looking forward to starting the next week, into the challenge and getting into the swing of things!

• Like 2

11/11/13:

Woke up early and it's been a great start for the first day in the challenge. I've applied intermittent fasting till 3pm, healthy eating and level 2 NF rebel exercise.

In regards to exercising, I decided the error and pain I made last week was pushing it too hard and too much, with exercises that were knew to me and tbh, was being wreckless with the amount I did on that one day. Instead, I've decided to start level 2 and to just keep the rep amount similar to the guide.

"This is not a sprint, but a marathon" so to speak and the challenge isn't to max out in one session, it's to do it properly and keep up with the routine alongside other responsibilities throughout the week. I see this as being a far more sustainable solution. + I still did break quite a sweat doing it...

EXErcise: (all weights @15kg)

Warm Up

Prisoner Squats: 15/15/20

Bent Over Dumbbel Row: 15/15/17

Step Ups with Knee: 15/15/20

Overhead Dumbbell Press: 15/15/17

Bird Dog: 13ps/13ps/20ps

Reverse Crunch: 15/15/20

Food:

- Breakfast: None (Intermittent fasting)

- Lunch: Fruits, nuts, herbal tea

- Dinner: Chick peas and a small portion of brown rice, mixed in with country style vegetables, one quorn burger piece and one quinoa waffle. More herbal teas and water.

I admit in the morning it initially felt weird to fast (likely because I don't on sundays and this is the day after eating so leniently) but again I just need to follow things through and thoughts + feelings will sort themselves out, this goes the same towards exercise as I was feeling both excited and anxious to do it (because of my overclocking it too far last time) and yeah I'm glad to have done it. Shows bow its better to stop listening to that nagging mind sometimes...

Looking forward to reading other peoples progress, thanks to the prior commenters, let's do this!

12/11/13:

So, day 2 was an interesting day. Intermittent fasting went fine, ate at 3.30pm and had fruits, herbal tea and quinoa oats with currants inside.

Prior to this I went for my interval running, which is the fist proper time I've it this way (3min steady, 1min sprint) and boy is it tough. From jogging in one spot via simulation on Yourshape Fitness Evolved via kinect to getting out there in the rough and even terrain is is literally wolds apart.

And guess what, despite finishing it, I gotta say it was really poor, it one of those moments when you realize your body's really out of shape. I found this much tougher than exercising, and a couple of times I needed my inhailer too.

When it came to sprinting, the best I could do was about 30 seconds at a time. Not great, nor ideal.

In order to feel like I was contributing anything after my underperforming interval running session, I decided to just go to the park for half an hour and walk steady and jog where possible.

As you can see, definitely suprised and gutted about my performance, but I got to stick to it, and hopefully Thursday will be better, one can only hope... :-/

For dinner, I had soba noodles (with a little sample of shirataki noodles (aka miracle/0cal noodles, imo they were gross!) with yesterdays chick peas with quorn chicken pieces,mixed vegetables and 1x quinoa waffle. Tasty and filling dinner, for sure, finishing it with ginger herbal tea.

Well, gotta say, looking forward to doing something I can do well tomorrow! *cough* physical exercise *cough* :lol:

@SillyAnneh Thanks man, you're the best! T2 makes everything better! :-) You should change your name to AwesomeAnneh! :-D

But yeah, every step counts, and yeah evaluating the progress one has already made and applying that in another area is a really important when it comes to things like this, cause you can go a long way from when you once were and not realise it. I certainly feel like that most of the time (best example is with intermittent fasting, at first it was daunting and now I hardly think twice, in fact I think it's easier! :-D

But yeah, thanks again for the nice words... :-)

Thanks guys, your messages mean so much!

13/11/13: (btw I've been typing on my tablet the past few days, apologies for any spelling errors...)

Today was a totally AMAZING! Woke up early, sorted out errands, chillaxed in a cafe (was dwelling a little about my recent creativity), came home. Well, that part's normal, but then at 3pm after having herbal tea I decided I should exercise before eating. As I was preparing for this I just looked at my messy room and was like "right, this needs to change", I need to seriously declutter and incorporate some feng-shuei(?) Into the room.

So then I spent the next couple of hours cleaning shelves and throwing crap away (which feels good!) and infact I plan to change my room everyday bit by bit until fully clean. I even threw away some things on my wall that have stayed there untouched for a decade! Rooms are definitely all about the experience, and not the content. I'm now longing for it to be peaceful and zen as well as the gym, study and leisure area it already is.

There was no other way to describe this, but I felt great, energetic, happy and positive! I was really on the ball, like Bradly Cooper in Limitless. But then, it was almost 6.45pm, no exercise nor eating! Not great, but I honestly never felt better, and I wasn't hungry, and I even had the energy to exercise. So I did that, showered and cooked and ate at 8:15pm. So, I've broken curfew too. But honestly, it was worth it. I want everyday to feel like today. This is something to really strive towards. It's like my body is helping me and is fit for proactive tasks.

I'm really thankful to feel what I did today, really happy to document it too. Exercising went really well too, probably the best time and coordination I've done so far. Overall, just a darn perfect day. My sister came and was talking about how she wanted to change too (w/ weight) to which I gave her some advice whilst she was here.

I haven't felt any asthmatic effects too, despite it happening before bed last night. Looks like over 6 weeks of effort is starting to kick in!

If I do experience a 'snowman' type effect and this goes tomorrow, at least I have this post, and can hope for another day I feel like this to come more often.

I'm really thankful for today :-)

Food:

Breakfast: Mocca Latte

Lunch: Herbal Tea

Dinner: Mixed Vegetable indian style curry with chicpeas, quorn pieces, and 'literally' a tad bit of rice. All mixed in a plate. Fresh pineapple juice and a little salad.

...Though, I'm gonna eat on TIME tomorrow and finish before 8pm. Plus, barely had any fruit today, no good! :-/

EXErcise:

Warm up

Front Lunge: 20/20/30

Push Ups: 25/30/40

Straight Leg Deadlift: 25/25/35

One-arm Dumbbell Row: 25/25/30

Hip Raises: 20/20/25

Plank: 60/60/75

Seriously guys, thanks for all the encouragement, looking forward to tackling interval jogging tomorrow!

• Like 1

14/11/13:

Today was alright, woke up early, did my usual day shift, then I got to cleaning my cabinets and draws. Whoah, I didn't think cleaning my draw would be so tough! Threw out a bunch of stiuff and giving old clothes for charity. Had some clothes that were given to me + bought a while back that I look forward to wearing when in shape, since I don't usually wear bright colours.

Ate 2x apples (they were small!) a pear, banana, a little bit of nuts and herbal tea for lunch.

But yeah, productive day, did my interval jogging whilst going to the shops to pick up a few things for dinner. Performance wasn't great, but it was better than before. It's really cold here though *shudders* but I managed to at least sprint for up to a min, but not yet consecutively.

For dinner I had some cous cous with indian style mixed vegetables (from heaterday) with normal country style vegetables with quorn pieces. Then fresh pineapple juice and moar herbal tea! :-D Energy levels today were fine, they weren't as bombastic as yesterday, just neutral, felt nice!

Another day of good news to report! :-) Unlike yesterday though, I did have one asthma attack, but I was around a lot of dust today + out in the.cold, so it could've been from that.