WoW! I joined the forum!

I discovered this site a couple weeks ago and have been absorbing all the great info. 

I'll try not to make this intro too painful.  I was a skinny kid, skinny teenager (5'10" and 123lbs), thin 20'something.  I got pregnant, gained too much weight, had a baby when I was 27 and I'm still trying to get that baby-fat off... 14 years later.

I've yo-yo'd some.  About 4 years ago I was about 40 pounds lighter than I am now and a really good weight where I looked and felt good.  Then I got married and my husband owns a keg-o-rator.  mmmmm beer.  Then someone sent me World of Warcraft as a Christmas present (shakes fist at my mother) even though I expicitly stated I do not want that game anywhere near me because I knew what would happen.  mmmm lots of hours sitting on my ass.  Level 90's are Protection Warrior Draenei, Feral Druid Night Elf, Retribution Paladin Blood Elf, Fire Mage Draenei.  Whew.

I refuse to give up WoW but I've been treating myself better the past couple months, walking more, eating better, eating less, etc.  I've lost 13 pounds which is a nice start but I need to lose at least another 40.

I LOVE the nerd talk here.  I've been a nerd forever.  Hail the internet for helping me feel like less of a freak.  I'm also interested by the paleo diet.  Our dinners have basically been paleo the past couple months regardless.  My next step is to work on breakfasts since I usually have oatmeal.  I'm also having trouble wrapping my head around no beans since my acupuncturist pushes beans on me like no one's business.  Anyway, it's all a learning experience.

"Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay... small acts of kindness and love."

I'm into WoW pokies, too.  My husband asks me every night "Did you get another pet yet?"

"Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay... small acts of kindness and love."

Welcome fellow nerd!  Sounds like you're already making great progress, I'm excited to see you around the forums!  And very good you got that WoW under control!  I have a bad time with Civ V destroying my sleep.  I haven't played in a while but I am afraid to open it up again.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

Thank you for the warm welcome ;)

Last night when playing WoW I couldn't stop thinking of space goats.

Thank you for the warm welcome ;)

Last night when playing WoW I couldn't stop thinking of space goats.

Counting Wow goats to fall asleep ?? :D

Welcome !!!

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

You're welcome, for the spacegoats. ;-P

That one came courtesy of some friends of mine who are long-time WOW-ers and now work at Blizzard. I'm a WOW noob myself, but my first character was a Draenei. I've still got him, a Tauren, and a Panderan. Haven't played in forever, though.

I think that makes you a good daddy!  (trying to make you feel better  :pride:   )

And almost a year later of not posting or doing much -

Here I am again!  I feel like it's been so long I should at least bump my first intro.

I moved from California to the beautiful state of Washington and I've discovered my new love - hiking.  We have so many trails here that are amazing.  I've lost 13 pounds in the past month and a half and started seeing a trainer at the gym to help with strength training.  I'm going to be REALLY sore tomorrow.

• Like 1

I haven't done SERIOUS hiking yet but I'll get there.  I'm living on an island now and I'm just starting with the trails here.  Some of them can be challenging.  I think the longest are 3 or 4 miles.  I'm just LOVING being in the woods and not hearing cars or pesky people noise.

I haven't played WOW in so long. I miss it now. :(

Anyway I'm Kay. I been following the site for few months now. Yet today I finally used the forums. Don't know why I didn't before but I'm pretty sure aliens.

full-207-60645-domainku-com_albums_post_

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Hi!  Welcome to the forum!!

I haven't actually played WoW in a few months.  I got sucked into Elder Scrolls Online.  :P