• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Merrye

Hello Montana?

On 5/29/2016 at 7:28 AM, Ajaxus said:

I don't head north too often, but I'm probably going that way sometime this summer to visit family in Cutbank..not exactly sure if you'd be on that route or not (still getting my bearings down out here).

I live in Havre.  Right highway but go further east.  Bout the middle of the state.  working on trying to get a group of people i work with involved in the NF.  They are all prime candidates.  Would like to grow the NF community up here.  

Hey guys,

Just a wanted to post some stuff..still haven't met my Missoula people off of this but if you ever want to hang out let me know.  Currently I'm not drinking because I'm cutting, so no breweries for me, but I will be again in about 7 weeks, lol

We have a nerd moving up here in a few weeks from the Denver area, I met him at CNF, he's hiked the Appalachian Thru trail and will be joining me in running the Hiking group on Meetup.  Speaking of, I'm still going out every Sunday with that so if you want to join please feel free to.

Missoula People:

This thing will have easily 6+ RSVP's in the next few days.  We'd love to have you join us.  The abandoned ski slopes in Marshall Canyon are fun to explore and I hear they are a blast to sled on.  It will be a 6 mile round trip with some sledding, should be an absolute blast!

I run this hiking group with a fellow NF'er and we'd love for more Rebels to join us!

Just doing my next check in with Montana folks.

The hiking group really took off in its first year and we recently rebranded as an outdoor enthusiasts group. 

If you see anything about Missoula Adventure Crew, that's my baby.

We started adding snowshoeing this winter and we're adding backpacking as it warms up.  We're going to start scheduling Endurance Hikes for Advanced hikers.  And I'll be hosting a weekly Conditioning Hike (think 2-3 miles at a 15 min/mile pace) for Intermediate to Advanced Hikers.  We're going to be adding a Microbrew/Cider Hike on probably a once a month basis (thinking of calling them Hop Along's) for the 21+ crowd.

I'm hoping to get trail running, mountain biking, white water rafting/kayaking and fly fishing added this year as well.  It's all run on a volunteer basis and costs nothing to join or participate, tho we may ask for a few bucks for drivers if we carpool to a faraway location and we do regularly go out for food and drinks after our events.

If any nerds want to join, facebook is our social arm for the group, here's a direct link.  Both Andrew's in charge are members of the Rebellion.  I'm Andrew B. :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/186468008442138/

Again, I do this all on a volunteer basis.  Just wanted to toss this out there for anyone looking to make new friends and do fun activities outside. :)

Ajaxus, your group sounds really great. I got into hiking lately as well and enjoy it very much. Unfortunately I am not even on the same continent as your group ;-)

Well, my state of residence is South Dakota but right now, I live/work at Yellowstone National Park. I'm in Canyon Village, Wyoming but on days off I like to go to West Yellowstone, Montana, Bozeman, Montana, or to Gardiner, Montana. :D Is there anyone here that is familiar with or near either of these towns? 

VanGrrl57

• Like 1

On 8/4/2017 at 8:18 PM, VanGrrl57 said:

Well, my state of residence is South Dakota but right now, I live/work at Yellowstone National Park. I'm in Canyon Village, Wyoming but on days off I like to go to West Yellowstone, Montana, Bozeman, Montana, or to Gardiner, Montana. :D Is there anyone here that is familiar with or near either of these towns? 

VanGrrl57

Not really, but if you ever find yourself in Missoula, MT I can help ya out!

Or really anything around the Bitterroot Valley to the Flathead Lake area.  Basically, western Montana, I can help you with everything west of the mountains. :)

• Like 1

I see there hasn't been much Montana activity here recently - I'm hoping to get some going again! I'm in the Great Falls area, but defiantly willing and able to hit different areas in the state.