My goal is to be a Warrior, but I'm still reading and learning in that area. So I've been doing the Crossfit.com WOD. I'm really happy with today's workout. It was as many rounds in 20 minutes of 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 squats. I got 6 in 15 minutes with some modifications. I'm 8 months post op left foot surgery; regular push-ups are brutal. I wasn't thinking & started out with too much weight for my squats, which cost me some time. I'm still doing assisted pull-ups, but I'm decreasing the amount weekly. I can almost do dips without assistance, woot! I'm surprised how quickly I've gotten addicted to Crossfit.

Heck yeah, I got stabbed, wanna see it?

I'm so frustrated with how difficult it's been to get on here and post my workouts, because I've been doing really well!  Just been really busy, and my phone isn't the best device for posting.  I haven't missed a day since I started this Challenge, though my eating has left something to be desired.  Most of that has come from being busy & not being prepared.  I read Strong Lifts a couple of times & today I did my first workout A, just like it said!!!  My last Row set I only got 4 reps, but I'm ok with that.  Tomorrow is swimming, and Friday is my second power lifting session! 

I'm so frustrated with how difficult it's been to get on here and post my workouts, because I've been doing really well!  Just been really busy, and my phone isn't the best device for posting.  I haven't missed a day since I started this Challenge, though my eating has left something to be desired.  Most of that has come from being busy & not being prepared.  I read Strong Lifts a couple of times & today I did my first workout A, just like it said!!!  My last Row set I only got 4 reps, but I'm ok with that.  Tomorrow is swimming, and Friday is my second power lifting session! 

Good going, blubutterfly.  Bad to the bone.

Hammer girl

Getting into a routine has been key for me -- and Stronglifts has a good format for new lifters to know exactly what to do in the gym and when.

You know, working out is probably more important than posting about it! :)

Keep up the good work!

I agree. For me posting about what I eat or do in a workout is simply a tool for accountability -- I know that someone besides me will notice if I have failed to do what I said I would do.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Second Stronglifts workout.  I wore my converse, felt a little strange.  Made sure I took my squats as low as I could, whew, that really does change the intensity!  I impressed myself with my overhead press, I used the 45lb bar, and did 5X5!  I didn't think I'd be able to do it at all, so that was exciting.  Did Deadlifts, but I was so focused on my form, I didn't think about the fact that I wasn't setting the bar down all the way.  Will fix that for next time.  A few days after I started eating every two hours, I noticed I'm hungry ALL. THE. TIME.  So I'm going to do some research on how much I should be eating while powerlifting; whether it's meal size or calories, I need some sort of guide.  Also met one goal, my bridesmaid dress fits, WOOT!  Now to resist temptation and stick to my Paleo diet until the wedding; then I will 'test' out all my old favorite foods and see if they are still yummy!  But, of course, that's just for the reception, I plan on jumping right back in the next day.  I'm going to take a "before" picture today;  I really want to have something to compare to after the first of the year.