Experiment Mark: Lift Heavy. Lose weight.

nice! i think i checked my library for those books and they didnt have them available... or maybe it was something else. i'll check again! unless it wasn't good. tell me what you thought about it beside it being long lol

you say this to the girl currently eating tuna, salsa, lettuce, and spicy seasonings. ha! it's okay - i have gum, don't worry.

i also LOVE greek yogurt. i track my sugar though and unfortunately the flavored cups have a bit too much in there for my liking. i get the giant tubs of plain nonfat and add anything my heart desires. fruit, tuna, beans, nut butter. the sky's the limit, man.

btw it looks like you are doing amazingly awesome for someone who just got their macros figured out. like seriously, it took me forever to adjust.

My recommendation of Wheel of time would depend on whether or not you enjoy excessive exposition.  He describes EVERYTHING in extreme detail.  This last book was soooo long (34 CDs) and I'll admit that about 1/2 of the way through I was just wishing it would end. I found myself zoning out for several minutes while walking and then finding that I didn't really miss anything.  This happened several times.

The first three were good though, there are alot of really cool aspects of it, and I've heard they get very good around book 6 or 7 so I'll probably keep slogging through them when I feel like torturing myself.

Thanks for the encouragement about the macros.  :)

The way i typed it made it seem alot less hectic than it really is.  When I mentioned the scrambling after dinner, imagine me going through the cupboard, grabbing things to scan into MyFitnessPal and finagling a way to make it work.  Generally it ends up being something crazy like one egg, one scoop of protein powder, and two tablespoons of honey....

Definitely still have room to finesse it a little bit.

Spoiler

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

good to know on the books. just about to finish the belgariad series and i'll need something else. not sure if that sounds like something that will help when i'm trying to distract myself from having a cigarette in the car though... lol

i hear you on the last minute scramble! i do the same thing online with MFP during the day. plug in all the "definites" then see what left to get in. tonight i will be trying some sort of weird sweet cottage cheese mixture after dinner haha! feel free to find me on mfp! same tag name.

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Blech.

Crappy day so far.

Started well enough at the gym. 

Deadlifted 255 12x for my failure set.  Then backed down to 150 for my 5 assistance sets of 10.  Those put me in a place that I didn't know existed.

Finished with DB rows.

Went to the store and bought a new scale.  Got home and weighed in... 407.4

Best week yet hitting my macros AND I worked out 5x this week and I gained 2 1/2lbs?  Mega demoralizing.

Only thing I can think of is to cut out more of the processed foods and sugars via our boxed dinners and frozen pizzas we eat during the week.  I'll pitch that idea to the Mrs. and see how it goes.

I then went to leave to work and my garage door is broken.  Awesome.

Here's to next week being better.

Spoiler

Currently...

Past Challenges:

It's not our best Friday, eh? Only thing we can do is keep moving forward. Try to make this weekend the best nutrition-wise. Take the transition from packaged foods to real foods slowly - it can be quite overwhelming in the kitchen if you're not used to it! Maybe make a goals of eating two completely real food meals this weekend? I bet if you offer to help cook them - the Mrs. will be more for it? ;)

tumblr_mu8nr703Hl1s8q0guo1_500.gif

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Went to the store and bought a new scale.  Got home and weighed in... 407.4

Best week yet hitting my macros AND I worked out 5x this week and I gained 2 1/2lbs?  Mega demoralizing.

Only thing I can think of is to cut out more of the processed foods and sugars via our boxed dinners and frozen pizzas we eat during the week.  I'll pitch that idea to the Mrs. and see how it goes.

Different scales are going to give different readings....reserve judgement until next week.

Frozen pizzas are no where near ideal. Nor are frozen dinners....;)

The incredibly high sodium content is going to do bizarre things to water retention....in addition to trying to give you hypertension. :)

Just stay with it man.....shitty days happen. Go to bed tonight and start anew tomorrow.

Sculptor - Warrior

LVL 4 | STR 10 | DEX 8 | WIS 12 | CHA 8 | STA 1 | CON 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to both of you.  I'm trying.  Maybe just not hard enough on the food part.  I'll keep on trucking.

I bet if you offer to help cook them - the Mrs. will be more for it? ;)

Thought I'd expound on this.  It came off a little bit "MAKE MY FOOD WOMAN!!!"ish, which is not how I meant it.

I end up cooking 2-3 times/week, she just does the grocery shopping and picks dinners out.  (She's also a very picky eater.)  That's why I was excited when she was showing interest in eating healthier a few days ago...  Not sure how I should change that.  Perhaps I'll just have to start making my own seperate dinners. 

Spoiler

Currently...

Past Challenges:

Thanks to both of you.  I'm trying.  Maybe just not hard enough on the food part.  I'll keep on trucking.

Thought I'd expound on this.  It came off a little bit "MAKE MY FOOD WOMAN!!!"ish, which is not how I meant it.

I end up cooking 2-3 times/week, she just does the grocery shopping and picks dinners out.  (She's also a very picky eater.)  That's why I was excited when she was showing interest in eating healthier a few days ago...  Not sure how I should change that.  Perhaps I'll just have to start making my own seperate dinners. 

LOL! I did not think that but I did assume that she made dinner based on what your were saying. Maybe though, I should have said, offer to help grocery shop? That's definitely a high wire walk about her being picky. BUT - if you started making these delicious stir frys (or whatever) for yourself a couple times a week she might peek her head around in interest?

Its all definitely a process and you don't want to get in over your head before you or your partner is ready. slow and steady changes :)

Instagram | pinterest

Wow.

I just marathon read all your progress. Way to go! Don't worry about the 2 lbs., put it in context with how far you've come. Its the long term changes that really count, not the little spurious fluctuations that occur from day to day, or even week to week.

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Wow.

I just marathon read all your progress. Way to go! Don't worry about the 2 lbs., put it in context with how far you've come. Its the long term changes that really count, not the little spurious fluctuations that occur from day to day, or even week to week.

Indeed.  Just gotta keep on going. Thanks for the encouragement.

Spoiler

Currently...

Past Challenges: