Snow-related headaches

All you people in sunnier locations probably don't have to worry about this, but I'm hoping I can find someone else from the frozen north to help me with this.  :-)  I get snow-related headaches and they are the pits!

In case anyone's curious, these feel like (for me anyway) a massive hangover headache combined with the beginnings of a migraine headache.  They can transition to full blown migraines if not treated.  So you can see why I'd like to get it fixed.  

Does anyone else deal with headaches related to snowy weather?  I've been dealing with them for a few years now by taking Excedrin which is fine, but I was wondering if anyone's tried dietary or other solutions.  I've been to the doctor who said if Excedrin works, then keep doing it.  

Do you mean you get a headache when the weather changes? Like just before it's going to snow? My mom and I both get headaches when the weather is changing (usually from good to bad), we reckon it's the change in the barometric pressure that does it. Depending how bad it is I can either just take Advil or end up lying in the dark not moving. Usually if I take the Advil early enough that does the trick though.

Definitely barometric pressure. Not sure if you can really do something. Move? JK.

If you don't hydrate a lot already, I would try that. I don't get those headaches very often but usually when I am not drinking enough or they seem more severe at least. We get Chinooks here and they can be pretty nasty pressure wise. I might take an aspirin too but it's not very reliable. As I said I only get headache a couple of times a year so I just sit it out.

pre-Assassin

Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose!

Twitter