Love the site.... Fitness goals

Hello everyone,

Found this site by looking for bodyweight workouts and love it.

I am a 26 year old male nurse, happily married, with a baby on the way. Also on the way, a cruise at the end of may, what does that mean? My own 28 day challenge so to speak.

I am 5'9 and weigh 190lbs at the moment, mostly muscle with a nice belly goin. I mountainbike a lot and currently started road biking and riding a bike to work a whopping mile away. Before nursing school 4 yrs ago, I was going to the gym evry day at 5am and was the strongest I have ever been. Currently I am working with mainly body weight exercises as I don't want to pay for a gym membership nor do I want to buy weights. I did the body building/ building big useless muscle thing, I just wanna look as fit as I feel.

My goals :

See just how far I can go with just body weight( as far as building muscle mass)

Lose the small belly I have

Get to 180-185. Ripped( as my buddy said)

Guess I should update, I have been doing well with my riding and working out. I joined gyminee.com to track how much I eat and burn. I also bought a set of resistance bands for homeworkouts, I hit the gym with my cousin that has a blackcard to his gym. So I gained about 2lbs in muscle and have visibly gotten bigger muscle wise, and I cut a little fat. I am right around 192-192.5 right now.

I am going on the cruise in just 1 week from tommorrow so I can't see losing this layer of fat before then, but I have p90x from a friend that I my start this week or just wait till after, we'll see.

Transer: I have a cannondale killer v 900 mtb which gets no use, a 2009 cannondale f4 which is also dormant, and lastly a se racing stout 29er rigid bike which I ride just about as often as I can which is 3 times a week. as far as cardio goes I can burn 1200 calories riding thy bike for 2 hrs which is awesome. A for road bikes I have 4 vintage rides, a fuji gran tourer which I ride mostly, a General touring bike which I commute on, a motobecane mixte, and a panasonic sport500 which just sits.

Here is a pic of my pride and joy

Posted Image

Nice, I'm jealous! I really need to work on my bike collection. I currently have an old Performance MTB that I've altered into half decent commuter bike that I've been riding pretty steadily for the last couple years. I've also been trying to ride club rides on it, but 30-40 miles of trying to keep up with road bikes on a mountain bike....well, it sucks a lot ;) I'm picking up a 2009 Trek 2.1 in another week or so, though, and I can't wait to get on it....

Nothing to be jealous of, the mtbs I bought and built except for the f4 which was purchased for my wife. The road bikes I get from a family friend whom I repair bikes for, still waiting for the right one to pop up so i can buy it from him. I hate running so riding is just the most logical thing to me plus I love it.

I hate running so riding is just the most logical thing to me plus I love it.

Totally agree with that. I've tried running a bunch of times, never got into it. Flying down a hill? Such a high... Only problem is climbing the hill in the first place, but beating that hill is a high all on it's own....