There and Back Again, a GODDESS' Tale.

I was thinking about it some more...

The problem is when I started, I was happy to just not be dead after a workout, I had no expectations for my own performance, I was just happy to be able to do the motions... But I feel like I am at a point now where I have expectations for my abilities... I have PRs, I know the lifts, I know how to do them well, and I know I can do heavy things...

But now I'm back at square one...everything is so messed up in my back, legs, and hips, nothing feels right... I have to start all over again... And I hate it.

I know my coach is there for me, and I have a great massage therapist, chiropractor, and physical therapist... But it still sucks watching EVERYONE be so much more able to do stuff than me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Today I did a scaled Helen,

Rx:

3 rounds for time

400m run

21 KB swings (36# I think for women?)

12 pull-ups

Mine:

3 rounds

300m (ish) sled push

21 kb swings at 18#

12 ring rows

Haven't used my legs they much in a while... Burned and felt pretty decent!

93515aa7baebf4926c89deeb2fc7e3c2.jpg

• Like 1

Spoiler

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Last Thursday I deadlifted for the first time in months... Off blocks, but sill did a 5x5 of 155# which made me happy. I also had less to complain about to my chiropractor which is good... They put some Rock Tape on my ankle... I was impressed by how much stronger it felt!

I'm currently working on squat form starting with my feet and ankles, though my old form LOOKS right... The muscles aren't firing properly, so I'm doing frustratingly simple movements trying to get them to work appropriately...

Recent photos:

00fb6537caba82d452a0952d6b3ad57a.jpgfc0b5044ad7075b682dfcd42f7140fa5.jpg8fc4bcc5f694b1d389630f3a07e7ae70.jpgdce1a299f53d826036733bca5431c04e.jpgb64091d6c682fe14da9888883d7675b3.jpg

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Tonight:

28029b004d60035acc37306b2119579b.jpg

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Editing old double post: been sore as shit, grumpy and tired of feeling sore as shit... Plus conference week has me running on empty... Tired.

Another meal:

013d6e1fe3efa9c146e62a585bb80c77.jpg

That was Monday, no cooking yesterday, as I didn't get home until after 7:30....eating out again tonight because it's 7:21 and I don't have the mental space to cook something...

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

So, Monday's workout was supposed to be back squats, I did good mornings... It was a 5 rep max... I got 10# less than my old 1-rep Max.. Which made me feel good!

Today was Diane 21-15-9 deadlifts and handstand push-ups... I did lighter weight and from the pins instead of the ground... But it felt good to deadlift again!

Last night's dinner:

Almond crusted trout with a cucumber olive salad...

9650e23b67ec51464ff963a25bac80f0.jpg

My lunches for the week, cooked on Sunday, chicken with a Dijon sauce, broccoli, sweet potato...

5c6dff784b023eb6cff0525821d7b570.jpg

Last week's meal, the green rabe was bad... Too bitter... But the rest was great and I hate radishes!

315428d1c2c874702900f221a150fb15.jpg

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Tonight's dinner: hubby's is on the left mine is on the right because peppers and tomatoes make me feel awful...

a576db578b643cd73eb74ff555a4164c.jpg

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

I was going to post some awesome stuff, like I deadlifted from pins to 205, my current 1RM and felt great...

I thought I had reasonably healthy breakfast and lunch today... And yesterday... And my lunches and breakfasts last week seemed pretty great... I was going to say that I thought maybe I was getting the hang of this food thing...

Then I met with my nutritionist... Who berated me about all of the processed foods.... And I was incredulous... Until I looked at my food log.... Almost every dinner I ate out... I could give you excuses for every night... But the truth is the excuses are just that... Excuses trying to point the blame at something that isn't the fact I made a conscious choice....

I honestly burst into tears.... My confidence shattered... And I'm left wishing I could just stop eating altogether... It all seems so impossible... And I order dinners already planned for me!

I could give excuses about how I'm simply PMSing, and how my nutritionist is inconsistent with her message to me about what I should be doing... But they are still excuses...

I'm so tired of feeling this deflated.... I hate everything right now... Which makes me think this is the PMS talking...

But I honestly don't know how I can be consistent with my meals when I get so tired of the same things all the time I stop eating...

My nutritionist says that as soon as I'm consistent, I will feel better and my workouts will get better... Which made me cry again because how can my workouts get better if I can't even work out...

I'm feeling so depressed right now I could just give up on all of it... [emoji20]

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

On 3/30/2016 at 10:49 PM, CrazyMags said:

Tonight's dinner: hubby's is on the left mine is on the right because peppers and tomatoes make me feel awful...

a576db578b643cd73eb74ff555a4164c.jpg

Recipe?

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Some more meals: 4ed814ad9e37c356902d9d48cdf35245.jpg59fc0e88b21f8ff19acba67355524e69.jpg69c5a113da0edac02a229ca1e75111fa.jpg

Workout today with my coach consisted of:

-Reverse hyper and bench sit-ups (laying on bench with an ab mat)

-5 rounds of office chair olympics (walking forward on your heels while sitting in an office chair +10lbs for about 50 feet then turn, still using heels, and back for 100 feet total) and

-military presses at 60# sets of 5 reps, then lat pull downs and hip stretches...

Had a dream about my chiropractor... Why is it all the important fitness people in my life (minus my massage therapist) are handsome men? Lol

Seeing an orthopedic doctor on Friday, hubby won't let me rest until I see an "actual Doctor" apparently...

Sent an ultimatum to my nutritionist... Just saying I need consistency and support, not a new "plan" every week... She hasn't responded yet...

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Doctor took X-rays and has another test to do, but his preliminary diagnosis is this:

b07e3b62037f000b7662383bdcc5d80d.jpg

If this is the case... I am going to need surgery.... I'm terrified.

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Interview today went well... As usual I didn't feel like I said all I wanted to say, but oh well!

Workout this morning was push press with kettle bells, hanging knee raises, and riding on the air dyne bike...

Dinner: e5fd913fa71bc71f413b606a748a0ada.jpg

For your comic enjoyment my dog with peanut butter: https://vimeo.com/162566157

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Did you avoid a nose bleed? :P

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Did you avoid a nose bleed? [emoji14]

I did!! I didn't even cry! It was weird!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Way to go!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

So, been really good with my diet this week! Kinda proud... My planned cheats are dinner tonight - dinner Sunday night... But I've been doing pretty well...

Dog had more seizures on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, which means that he's back on his crazy pills... (Crazy as in he has the exact opposite side effects he's supposed to...)

Got a phone call for some job openings at a public school near my home, they haven't returned my calls yet about an interview...

My coach has asked for my help tomorrow(!) helping him move stuff out of the gym for the construction stuff... I felt so honored, because he never asks for help... Bummer is that tomorrow my Brother in Law is getting married and I am booked all weekend I'm so bummed out... Not only that, but I have to cancel birthday party plans on Sunday (my birthday is next Wednesday) so that I can take my grandmother in law out to dinner :(

I hate obligations... If people tell me things ahead of time, and ask me if I can go... I'm totally cool with it... But when it's "you're expected to attend" or "you have to go" I get pretty crabby... Sigh.

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

I don't need hip surgery!!!! f78307cf7f342ad1689a35fbae0ddcc4.jpg

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Been a while, things have been on and off with diet... Exercise is still 4-5 days a week but heavily scaled because of my hip.

Went to a physical therapist that the hip doctor recommended... Full of cyclists... Not for me... So I'm looking around at another place... Chiropractor, massage therapist, and my coach have been keeping me going and feeling good!

Coach was gone for Murph on Monday, and I completed the whole thing! Scaled... But I did the whole # of reps! I wish@texastoast was still around to share in my glory... His memory was what kept me going!

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Time to make things go boom!

tumblr_mowjer5HDD1s9frcro1_500.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

1_zpsx5ssouoz.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

giphy.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Thought I'd share something kind of important... I purposely deadlifted, off the floor, for the first time in 11+ months, and first time ever in front of people. And it was about 582 pounds.

Oh... and it was with a partner... who is way stronger than me... but whose max is "only" 450#... so, that means I at LEAST lifted 130# of that... right?

https://vimeo.com/189580459

Also, today is my 3 year gymiversary...which is awesome... I am so fortunate to have found such a perfect place for me... with people who love and support me... and with a coach who always goes far above and beyond the job description/pay grade to do what's best for me... ❤️

b573b49f0e3279cb8cce307249cf7993.jpg

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Dude

Awesome deadlift

And I miss you

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

tenor.gif?itemid=5705277

Level 2 Warforged Druid