Loss of appetite...

Merrye

So, I'm dealing with a loss of appetite.  Not really sure what it's resulting from, but I'm definitely feeling the effects.  I recently cut out most dairy and upped my vegetable and protein intake.  Over the past few days, I just plain haven't been hungry.  I make myself eat light stuff (like sweet potatoes or avocados), but I've been forgetting a lot because there's no hunger signal.  I'm staying really hydrated so I'm not too worried about that.  Today, I'm crazy tired and my brain is foggy.  

Anyone else go through this when they started switching up their diet?  Any tricks on how to fix this?

It's normal when you do a sudden switch, it'll pass, give it a week or two, tough it out.

Make sure you're eating even though you don't feel hungry.

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

It's normal when you do a sudden switch, it'll pass, give it a week or two, tough it out.

Make sure you're eating even though you don't feel hungry.

Second this. I get appetite swings when I switch eating strategies. Sometimes its loss of appetite and sometimes its ferocious hunger. Just be sure to track it and make sure your eating enough.

LVL 3: Human Assassin

STR: 7.75 | DEX: 5 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 4  | CHA: 2

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: 1, 2

Since adjusting to the paleo diet (6 months ago), I also don't have the appetite that I used to. High protein and fats help make you feel fuller, longer. Empty carbs and sugar trick your mind into wanting more. I actually like not feeling hungry all the time.

If you feel that you are not getting enough calories, find your ideal caloric needs and/or macros and track what you eat each day so you know you have enough.

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma