Newbie here, training to be like an Aeris :)

Hi! 

Here's my story. 

I'm from the Philppines. A nurse by profession. 21 years old. Young and healthy looking. 5'4.

I was pretty active during my elementary years. I played basketball and badminton (played JRPGs during my spare time as well). I would even try to compete with the boys

Then puberty hit me, and I ditched the sports in favor of becoming a full-time JRPG player in the PS1 era. I was also underweight, until my mom fed me vitamins. My current bodyweight is appropriate for my height. People tell me my body's already okay. 

So far so good right? 

Well, no. Despite the "okay" weight and body built, i was never contented with how my body look. Especially my waist. My waist's around 28-29, and I have always wanted it to be a 26. I was never fond of alcohol, but i was addicted to coke and pepsi ever since i was little. I suspected that my soda-drinking habit contributed to my bellyfat. Anyways,  I was obsessed with a tiny waistline that i ended up hating my body. I kept comparing myself to my friends who had 26 waistlines.

I tried going to the gym for 2 months. I followed a program the instructor gave me. It mostly consisted of 3x15 isolation exercises. I religiously would go to the gym every other day and do the routine. Tried boxing too. Some people said I gained muscle, but there was no difference in my belly fat. eventually, I quit. The gym i went too was far from my home. There was a gym nearer to my house, but i was hesitant. . i didn't like the environment. 

And so, I reverted to my former lifestyle: lying on the couch. Reading, admiring and following people who changed their lives.

Then one day, I came across Nia Shanks' blog post: http://www.niashanks.com/2013/09/enhance-not-dominate/t". I was like, "hey, i like her way of thinking. let me read more of her stuff."

I did that. and she changed the way i viewed fitness and working out. Working out become more fun, as i focused on my performance. I threw the "I need to lose xx from my waistline" and replaced it with "how many pushups can i do today? how long can i hold the plank? how many pounds can i lift?"

Then I came across Steve's "Epic Quest" and "Optimus Prime Post", and I was decided it was time to REALLY make a change in my life. Change and gamify it. Make it more interesting :D

Basically, Nia Shanks and Nerd Fitness pulled me out of the couch (though i still return to it, from time to time)

GAME PLAN

I created my own epic quest. It's still under progress, but it mostly revolves about my creative skills, life skills, and of course fitness. Since I loved JRPGs, I decided to make Aeris Gainsborough of FF7 my role model in my epic quest. "Train like an Aeris, Be Like an Aeris"

So that's all for now. I lurked here for about 2 days, and I really wanted to eliminate my shyness by making a post. 

thanks for dropping by! I hope to get along with fellow rebels here in NF! :D

Oooh, Be like Aeris? That's an awesome goal!

And welcome! I'm also new here, and it's really fascinating to see everyone's stories. Hopefully we can all keep each other motivated!

Also, there's nothing wrong with the couch. It's perfect for those moments when you're feeling the burn after an amazing workout, and reveling in your success, and what you're becoming ;)

Level 0 - Kitty Hybrid - Assassin-in-training

Battle Log - Current Challenge

Also, there's nothing wrong with the couch. It's perfect for those moments when you're feeling the burn after an amazing workout, and reveling in your success, and what you're becoming ;)

I love this! Ahahah!!

Welcome, thatBrownCat! Filipino pride! I'm only a halfling, and I don't always look it, but still. YAY! Go get em, girl!

CHALLENGE Feb. 1-26: Mewtilator, I Choose You!

Become Stronger and Race-Ready

Fitocracy | Blog

Oooh, Be like Aeris? That's an awesome goal!

And welcome! I'm also new here, and it's really fascinating to see everyone's stories. Hopefully we can all keep each other motivated!

Also, there's nothing wrong with the couch. It's perfect for those moments when you're feeling the burn after an amazing workout, and reveling in your success, and what you're becoming  ;)

yep! Aeris had a rod for a weapon, and when i noticed that the bars at the gym resembled her weapon, i was like "Oh my God, she must have used weights!" 

I love this! Ahahah!!

Welcome, thatBrownCat! Filipino pride! I'm only a halfling, and I don't always look it, but still. YAY! Go get em, girl!

I'm a halfling too! (Chinese on my father side) Thanks! :D