Hi Everyone! 

I am a 21 year old student here to better myself. I read an article not to long called " Remember the Guy Who Dropped 128 Pounds in 10 Months? He's Still Kicking Ass" I was inspired by Joe's story, instead of wallowing he decided to get up and work on changing his life. Yes it took a while to achieve his goals and I'm sure he faced many setbacks but he still kept pushing. This story stuck out to me because it made me realize I have no reason not to work on my own personal problems.

am currently studying to be a nurse, because of this I have been taking a lot of Nutrition classes and it amazes me how many people including myself sometimes have very bad eating habits. I'm not gonna lie, I am a bread addict... that felt good getting it out! I am a big "foodie", I live for trying foods from other countries but I need to learn to modify how much I eat these foods or find healthier versions of them. I have joined Nerd Fitness not only to work on my outer image but to also boost my confidence As frightening as it is to say I have very low self esteem.  I've lived 21 years with this mindset and I think it's time I do something about it. I call myself the Female Captain Planet, without the blue hair! It's my goal to help people everywhere, however my arch enemy self doubt comes comes along as foils my plans.

For the most part I am comfortable with my weight. As of right now I weigh 125 lbs. However I hardly work out, I want to change this. I find that during the summer when school is not in session I work out at least 3 days a week however once school starts I get overwhelmed and stop. Not having the time is not an excuse, there are people out there that have way more on their plates and still find the time to do some form of workout. Also there are times when I plan to work out but never follow through, instead I put it off until the next day. I know that I will not always be this size so I want to gain the tools  now that will help me maintain a healthy weight later in life. Recently I have created a weekly schedule that contains all the goals I want to complete for the week. This have helped me create a routine that fits with my busy schedule while also helping me stay focused on my goals. My other goals are as followed:

The Big Fish: Work on my confidence and being healthy

Little Goals

Trying new things. I want to go out of my comfort zone and explore all the wonderful places and things this world has to offer.

No procrastination!!; I tend to put things off till the last minute then stress out when I need to complete task.

Being Positive... As the saying goes "Life Sucks" things are not always going to work in my favor but I need to stop complaining about my problems and work on finding solutions for them.

Personal Goals

Being comfortable in my own skin. Sometimes I let other people thoughts and views change how I see myself

Be more brave. I want to be to the girl version of Captain American! Or at least be more comfortable when I meet new people.

You are so on the right track, Dee1213. I love it when people acknowledge their weaknesses/faults, admit and accept them, and vow to conquer them. Not too many people will admit their weaknesses, but that is very admirable. I am a full-time student as well so I know what you are going through. Your little goals are on point!! Whenever I want to procrastinate, I say to myself, "Do not put off until tomorrow what can be done today." And believe it or not, I get A LOT of things done. I admire your weekly schedules, too. I look forward to hearing more about your fitness accomplishments as they are achieved!! 

Follow Me on Twitter

Follow Me on Instagram

"The only time you should ever look back is to see how far you have come."