It will begin tomorrow

Like I said in my intro post, I usually stop doing my goals (whether it is reviewing kanji, learning guitar, or exercising) by about the 3 month mark.

Tomorrow (Monday), I intend to start DD rank 1. I've put the exercises into Jefit, created YouTube playlists of each session's exercises... I feel ready. This first week will be the learning curve, figuring out what weight dumb bells I'll be using and learning the exercises.

My goals are gaining strength and fat loss. My weight goal is 180lbs. I will weight myself tomorrow but I probably weight about 215lbs right now.

I'm not certain on my strength goal. I just want to be stronger and stronger. I guess you could say my strength goal is really more of the goal of actually sticking with strength training and coming to enjoy it. I want to still be doing this at 6 months.

In terms of diet, I have no specific plan in mind, just reducing in general how much I eat and reducing carbs. I never liked sodas and I don't eat much candy or cookies... its really rice, pastas, and milk that I consume too much of.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I am starting paleo tomorrow.  I have been low carb, keto, for the last 24 weeks.  I have lost 75 lbs.  Granted, I had much more to lose than you, but low carb seems to be the way to go.  Just giving up the things you listed will be huge.  I have not counted calories to date, but I am getting stricter tomorrow as I get closer to my weight goal.  You CAN do this!

Well, I can tell I have a long way to go, as usual.

Getting through the warm up itself was difficult, and I could not complete all the reps on some of them... which is of course not very encouraging when you haven't even gotten to the workout yet!

The 8lb dumb bells I have for the push press are perfect... bad news is I don't have anything heavier.

I still don't have a bar for pull ups so that is on hold.

I also have to substitute some vigorous running in place for the sprinting.

I can't do real push ups so I'm torn between what I should do to work up to proper pushups. Wall push ups, push ups from the knees, or just holding myself up in a push up stance with bent arms. I think I found the best success last time with the last option but I cannot remember.

Forgot to weigh myself and forgot to do the cool down.

My 2 year old was very encouraging and kept tugging my hand if he thought I was resting too long or quitting. When he wasn't busy adding extra weight by climbing on me of course.

I think I could have pushed myself a little harder in these exercises but I'm going to concentrate on learning the exercises before worrying about that too much.

Like I said in my intro post, I usually stop doing my goals (whether it is reviewing kanji, learning guitar, or exercising) by about the 3 month mark.

I'm the same way.  I'm really bad about really getting into something for a couple months and then losing interest.

You said you were doing DD Rank 1.  Whats that if you don't mind me asking?  Google didn't turn up much.

Spoiler

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

Did better today, but I accidentally skipped one warm up exercise. Did not forget the cooldown, but the ones that required the feet touching the floor behind my head were not only impossible, but when I first tried, I thought I almost was going to break my back, it was a very wrenching sensation on the bones.

My son didn't interfere as much with the exercises today in terms of climbing on and around me except at the very end.

I mostly skipped burpees once I realized I needed to alter the living room space and get more of the kid's toys out of the way. So, hopefully next time.

It is difficult for me to jump or run, etc for 2-4 minutes... looking forward to building that up.

Misc thoughts:

I shower at the end of each workout. Normally I only shower every 4 days to a week because it seems like such a hassle. One of the reasons it is such a hassle is because I don't want to get into my work clothes too early because of the child, but I hate going to work right out of the shower, with wet hair and I refuse to blow dry.

Well, at New York Comic Con I picked up an awesome Star Trek themed robe, so here's my thing... I premake an icy healthy drink (today, ice water with a little lemon) in the fridge, do my workout, shower, put on my luxurious robe and lounge on the couch with my drink... feels real good. Like that feeling you get after you get the house all cleaned up or you successfully finish a house project. Mmm