Cardea's Long March

Welcome! I am Cardea.

Here's a peek into my history :

In 2011 : My weight topped off at 205+ pounds. I went on an amazing 2 week backpacking trip.

From 2011 - 2012 : I lost weight by upping my activity, changing how much and what I was eating. This was the first time I ever lost weight.

From 2012 - 2013 : I moved. Some of my priorities shifted and I abandoned some of the habits I built. I told myself I would never see over 175 on the scale, however, and I stuck to that.

Now : I am calling it. I'm ready to prioritze my physical health again. A healthy body supports all my other goals, and is a goal in its own right. :)

This is me, and these are my current stats.

I'll update this post again next month, with new measurements.

Waist : 33"

Height : 5'6"

Weight : 169.4 lbs

Date : 10 / 27 / 2013

14v2xrn.jpg

Take pride in yourself, take care of business, exercise because it's fun and you're in for life! ( x )

"I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often." - Brian Tracey

Good on ya for putting it out you have come along way with your goals already its awesome to see how much you lost over the last 2 years.  So whats your preferred method of working out lifting, running, biking, crossfit, wally ball, jazzercise?

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

Goals

Get to a healthy BMI by February 27th, 2014

For me, this means weighing 155 pounds. I will reach this goal through changing up my food and exercise.

Food-wise, I will not count calories. I want to learn how to eat in a sustainable way, and I don't want to count calories my whole life. Paleo works for some, but I am a vegetarian (for environmental reasons). I think eating paleo and vegetarian can work together, but I don't want to experiment with it right now. Instead, I think the US gov's MyPlate can give the guidelines and flexibility that I want right now.

7 oz whole grains : 3.5 cups cooked brown rice/quinoa/pasta

6 oz protein : 1 oz = 1 egg, 0.25 cup beans, 0.5 oz nuts or seeds

2 cups fruit : 2 pieces of fruit per day

unlimited veggies

less than a half cup milk a day

6 tsp oil a day

no added salt or sugar

Activity-wise, I want to spend about 45 minutes a day working out, alternating cardio with weights. Cardio will change as I desire, though it will mostly be jogging, hill sprints, biking or a home video. Weights will be:

ab rotation (3x's, 45 sec superman, side plank, crunches, side plank, front plank)

knee pushups (3x's, as many as possible)

dumbbell flys (3x's, 8-15)

"walk the planks" (3x's, 8-15)

dumbbell rows (3x's, 8-15)

curls (3x's, 8-15)

dumbbell French press (3x's, 8-15)

side raise (3x's, 8-15)

alternating dumbbell press (3x's, 8-15)

lunges (3x's, 8-15)

squats (3x's, 8-15)

Get at least a 3.0 GPA this semester

I will achieve this by submitting all of my assignments, and I will spend a minimum of 30 minutes each day studying per class. I will not study with the television on in the background.

Take pride in yourself, take care of business, exercise because it's fun and you're in for life! ( x )

"I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often." - Brian Tracey

Holy crap that is squared the F away how is it going sticking to the plan from your previous successes i assume its going well.  I have heard of a few people doing vegetarian paleo its a bit harder but people have been successful.  Here is a website that i found that might help you

http://www.nomeatathlete.com/

You can do it i assume that's 155 solid muscle?

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2