The Seldon Plan

The Seldon plan is neither complete nor correct. Instead, it is merely the best that could be done at the time. ~ Second Foundation

Jumped right into a Challenge after joining NF so I never had a 'battle log'.   I think I might like this better; less pressure.  I currently find myself in fitness limbo - haven't given up but don't have any motivation either.  I'm only exercising once a day about 4 days a week and my eating can only be called healthy 50% of the time.   I keep waiting for the 'click'...the whatever that will light a fire under my ass again.  And I'm thinking, I can't wait that long. Do I have to feel like exercising to exercise?  Can I crave peanut butter cups and still not eat an entire bag of them? I need to quit waiting to be inspired and just shut up and do it....it is merely the best that could be done at the time....

Level 1  Wild Elf Druid
Introduction, Battle Log

Challenge #1,  Challenge #2,  

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." ~ Joss Whedon

"Only those who risk going too far, find out how far they can go." ~ Walter Bishop

Ending my day well. No junk food and a lot of exercise.  Felt absolutely no motivation to be healthy but did it anyways.  Every time I heard my brain try to talk me out of something I just thought 'well, I don't like to wash dishes or scrub the toilet either but that doesn't stop me from doing it' and I just did it.  While I'm well aware that it would be much better (ie. easier) if I was enjoying myself but I'm hoping that will just come back in time.

Level 1  Wild Elf Druid
Introduction, Battle Log

"Only those who risk going too far, find out how far they can go." ~ Walter Bishop

It's a cardio day so I did my Tai Chi and walked 3 miles.  Ate lots of protein and veggies today, drank lots of water and was feeling great. 

Then hubby baked chocolate chip cookies. sigh  Ate 3.  Will walk an extra mile tomorrow.

Also, I've been thinking a lot about goals and things I'd like to achieve.  I should probably list them as I think of them. These are the one's that I was thinking of today.

1)  Learn to tap dance - long term goal. Already bought myself shoes and a beginners DVD.  Would like to start practicing once or twice a week.

2) Control my debt - I've gotten better and am not 'in trouble' by any means but I do rely on credit cards more than I would like.

3) Be able to do real push-ups - not half assed ones while I'm on my knees.

Level 1  Wild Elf Druid
Introduction, Battle Log

I keep waiting for the 'click'...the whatever that will light a fire under my ass again.  And I'm thinking, I can't wait that long. Do I have to feel like exercising to exercise?  Can I crave peanut butter cups and still not eat an entire bag of them? I need to quit waiting to be inspired and just shut up and do it....it is merely the best that could be done at the time....

This is something huge I learned last challenge.  I think there's a NF blog post about it somewhere that I read.  You can't rely on that initial spark to keep you going through the tough times, it'll fade.  It's habit and dedication that'll get you there.

Thanks Raxie. I went and read through a couple old blog posts.  I found a couple helpful ones including the one I think you were thinking of ' A Robot's Guide to Healthy Living'.

Things to remember:

• They don’t think, they just do.
  • They don’t say “just this once.â€
  • They don’t feel sorry for themselves.
  • They don’t give up after a breakdown; they get fixed and start working again.

And, as suggested, here are some rules for me to follow:

• If I sit down to watch tv in the evenings, then I will not eat while I watch.
  • If I get hungry in between meals, then I will make myself a large mug of herbal tea.
  • If a friend offers me unhealthy food or drink, then I will remind them that I don't (not can't) live that way anymore.

Level 1  Wild Elf Druid
Introduction, Battle Log

Yesterday was a good day.  Kept my eating healthy, thinking of the rule of filling half my plate with vegetables and kept my protein lean.  I did my tai chi, walked a mile, and completed the first lesson of my tap dance dvd. I've decided Wednesday will be my tap dance lesson day. That will help me achieve one of my long term goals.

As I've done cardio the last two days, weight training is on the schedule for today.

Additional things I'd like to achieve:

4) Remember to use my sun lamp every morning.  (I suffer from depression and the lamp always helps....when I remember to use it)

5) Be in the healthy BMI range for my height.  I was 'obese' at the beginning of this year so being 'overweight' is a definite improvement.  Now to get 'healthy'.

6) Feel more secure financially.  I have a small savings account that I would like to build to the suggested '3 months salary' amount.

7) Get a passport.  I've never had one. I need one. I keep procrastinating because I hate flying and have been using this as an excuse to not leave the country.

Level 1  Wild Elf Druid
Introduction, Battle Log

Took a wonderful mini-vacation and feel so much better.   Yesterday was good - walked 3 miles and worked with kettle bells. 

Remembering to use my sun lamp (it's on now) so that's good but haven't made any other real progress in other areas.

Today's goals are to walk, do tai chi and schedule the doctors' appointments I've been ignoring. Oh, and avoid my daughter's stash of Halloween candy.

Level 1  Wild Elf Druid
Introduction, Battle Log

Hit all my goals yesterday - yea!  

I've already hit a doctor's appointment this morning and had a healthy breakfast.

Just signed up for the next 6 week challenge too so, starting next week, I'll be posting there.

Now, time for a walk!

Level 1  Wild Elf Druid
Introduction, Battle Log

Walked a mile yesterday and did my tap dancing practice for a half hour. Realizing that half my body is seriously less graceful than the other half. lol

I've been steadily using my sun lamp and better on my eating but I know I can (and should) improve, though I've been successfully ignoring the leftover Halloween candy. 

Today is a day scheduled for weights.  I've been thinking again about improving my push ups so I'd like to work on that today too.

Level 1  Wild Elf Druid
Introduction, Battle Log

Day #3 of being sick in bed.  So excited for the new challenge tomorrow that fingers are crossed that I wake up cured! 

I definitely do NOT look like a MILF at the moment, lol.

Level 1  Wild Elf Druid
Introduction, Battle Log