Druids report

Sunmage

Druids!

Congratulations!

It is time to reflect and report about this challenge. Since we are Druids please take some time on reflecting everything important you did, felt or thought.

Post a summary here, grading yourselves on each of your goals on an A to F scale (see below). Then give yourselves an overall grade for the challenge.

Check out this post for all challenge info and questions.

Grading Yourself and Awarding Attribute Points

At the end of the challenge, give yourself a grade on how you did achieving your goals. Then, based on how you did, award points. Partial points are allowed.

A - 100% B - 75% C - 50% D - 25% F - 0%

Here is a link for a chart to help with the math.

Remember to talk about your successes. Your fellow guild members will be inspired by your success and your wise reflection.  If you need examples look at the other guilds. If you need help feel free to ask!

Don't forget to log your success in the mini challenge!

Have an awesome time summarizing the amazing things you achieved during the challenge!

See you next time!

Here are some things I ask myself after a challenge:

• What were my goals?
  • Why these?
  • What is my main mission?
  • What did I want to achieve?
  • What did I achieve?
  • Where are the differences in these answers compared to the beginning of the challenge?
  • What did I learn about myself?
  • Which goal should I keep?
  • How would the goals sound if I wrote them down withe the knowledge of today?

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

End of Challenge Report:

I finished my entire food goal, plus stopped eating wheat, dairy, and caffeine, with the exception of cheese.  Also started eating a lot more vegetables and reducing portions.  Wahoo!

My new exercises include:

1. Zombies, Run!  app
  2. Balance Board
  3. Soccer with boyfriend
  4. YouTube workout video
  5. Hip Flexor stretches for sore, tight hips
  6. None

For my other exercise goal, to exercise 4 hours a week, I ended up with:

Week 1:  4 hours

Week 2:  5 hours 37 minutes

Week 3:  6 hours 15 minutes

Week 4:  6 hours

Week 5:  4 hours

Week 6:  3 hours 50 minutes

I have worked very hard on my perfectionism and to-do list and have done:

23 things on week one

23 things on week two

31 things on week three

16 things on week four

6 things on week five

24 things on week six

For a total of 123 things so far!

I also banished 16 things from my list that I decided were not worth my time!

For a GRAND total of 139 things!!!

I am currently standing at 19 things. 

My totals ended up being:

Week 1:  100%

Week 2:  100%

Week 3:  100%

Week 4:  100%

Week 5:  100%

Week 6:  44%

For a GRAND TOTAL of:

91%  - I rocked it!

END OF CHALLENGE

MEDITATION

1. Calm.com at work: 4 days missed overall. FINAL GRADE: B (.75 WIS / .75 CON)

2. Meditate outside of work 3x/week: One week did not have all sessions. FINAL GRADE: B (.75 WIS / .75 CON)

RELAXATION

1. Relaxing activity 3x/week: 2 day missed.  FINAL GRADE: B (.75 WIS / .75 CON)

EXERCISE

1. Physical activity every day: 8 days missed. FINAL GRADE: D :( At least I didn't completely fail (.5 STR / .5 CON)

2. Zombies Run - GOAL REMOVED - No progress due to injury / illness.

BAD HABIT

1. Stop using credit cards: Still only 1 slip. FINAL GRADE: B (1.5 WIS)

OVERALL CHALLENGE GRADE: C

OVERALL POINTS AWARDED: 3.75 WIS, 2.75 CON, 0.50 STR

Overall, I'm not disappointed. I had a really rough October with my health, and yet managed to get through the month without daily meltdowns / massive junk food sessions / shopping sprees.  Meditating often popped up in my head when in the past I would just freak out. Knowing that I could shift my focus from stress or pain or whatever to something else was comforting and helpful.  Didn't always completely work, but at least I had a new tool to try before doing "bad" things.

I'm pretty sure the credit card habit is broken and it's going to stay that way!  I'm a lot better at self-denial than I was 6 weeks ago. I even saw a really awesome scarf the other day and had picked it up even though I knew it wasn't in the budget and I didn't have spare cash and I walked all around the store with it and then... I put it back on the rack! I was pretty proud of me.

I'm looking forward to getting over this cold and getting back outside for exercise! I want some more sunshine before the snow flies

this person really wants to delete their account but can't because it's not allowed.

Main goal: Become/Stay sane & healthy - whatever happens.

Well, with my hubby in England and starting a new job I think I did pretty well at this! I had one sort of breakdown moment, but other than that no real desperation :P Which is pretty good for me. At the moment I'm experiencing some stomach issues (maybe just a bug) but overall as far as my main goal is concerned: Well done Pretzle!

Goal 1Feed my mind and soul.

* Read and study scripture for 15 minutes a day, before bed.

This one is an A-. There were about 3 nights I didn't make it to the full 15 minutes, but I did read scripture each night. I'm really enjoying this one. I'll try to keep it up without timing it with my alarm, but if I end up only reading 1 chapter I'll get the timer set up again! Full points because I did read every day for at least 5+ minutes. (and the full 15 minutes for all but 3 nights).

WIS 1

STA 2

Goal 2: Give them what they pay me for.

* No work e-mail after 8 pm, only check once on Saturdays.

I didn't monitor Saturdays as much as the cut-off on Weekdays, so I might have checked a bit more often on Saturdays (honestly can't remember) but I *never* checked my mail after 8 pm :) Sometimes I'd glance at the clock and realise it was 7.54 so I'd quickly check. Other days I'd see it was already 8.something and I wouldn't check my mail anymore. It's nice. And was very easy to get used to. Definitely a keeper.

A

CON 2

WIS 1

Goal 3: Keep up the good work.

* Exercise 3 x a week

I moved during this challenge! Hah. I still did pretty well. Focus has been on walking a bit more than usual, but I've also done some very nice BW workouts (and even went to a boxing class). I made up for 2 workouts by being active moving things around for our new apartment, but there's one time I can't really justify that way... so I missed out on one workout during the challenge. Therefore I'll call this one a B. (Yes, harsh - but really 3 times a week isn't THAT difficult to achieve.)

So after deducting some partial points because it's a B I end up with: 

STR 1.5

STA 1.5

DEX 0.75

Lifequest: Try something new!

* During this challenge do two things I’ve never done before!

Oh I don't know, does moving into our own apartment count? :D Even if it doesn't - I've been positively EPIC regarding this goal: 

- I wrote a long letter to my grandparents to say thank you and to share good memories with them. I was a bit nervous to give it to them, but they LOVED it. Such a good experience.

- I went boxing! Even worse than a normal class, it was an event for young employees at my work. I wanted to convince a colleague to join me, but in the end I had to go BY MYSELF. Which I did. I always feel awkward and clumsy doing new things in which I have to move my body, I even cried a bit (ugh.) during the first 15 minutes of the class. ... I stayed, continued and ended up finishing the whole class. I'm so proud of myself!

In addition to those 'official' events I did a lot more. I bought a new bike (employer paying for about half of it), I've been living by myself for about a month now. I've cooked a beef heart stew (very tasty!) and stayed primal 95% of the time (still am! :)). I've talked to lots of strangers in the stores (I'm not that much of a social butterfly, but I'm learning) and I've finished my first term as a qualified teacher. I think I'll keep this 'doing new things' as a life goal ;) 

No points for this though, just overall epicness.

Final grade: A- 

Thanks for having me, dear druids :)

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

Main goal: Become/Stay sane & healthy - whatever happens.

Well, with my hubby in England and starting a new job I think I did pretty well at this! I had one sort of breakdown moment, but other than that no real desperation :tongue: Which is pretty good for me. At the moment I'm experiencing some stomach issues (maybe just a bug) but overall as far as my main goal is concerned: Well done Pretzle!

Goal 1Feed my mind and soul.

* Read and study scripture for 15 minutes a day, before bed.

This one is an A-. There were about 3 nights I didn't make it to the full 15 minutes, but I did read scripture each night. I'm really enjoying this one. I'll try to keep it up without timing it with my alarm, but if I end up only reading 1 chapter I'll get the timer set up again! Full points because I did read every day for at least 5+ minutes. (and the full 15 minutes for all but 3 nights).

WIS 1

STA 2

Goal 2: Give them what they pay me for.

* No work e-mail after 8 pm, only check once on Saturdays.

I didn't monitor Saturdays as much as the cut-off on Weekdays, so I might have checked a bit more often on Saturdays (honestly can't remember) but I *never* checked my mail after 8 pm :) Sometimes I'd glance at the clock and realise it was 7.54 so I'd quickly check. Other days I'd see it was already 8.something and I wouldn't check my mail anymore. It's nice. And was very easy to get used to. Definitely a keeper.

A

CON 2

WIS 1

Goal 3: Keep up the good work.

* Exercise 3 x a week

I moved during this challenge! Hah. I still did pretty well. Focus has been on walking a bit more than usual, but I've also done some very nice BW workouts (and even went to a boxing class). I made up for 2 workouts by being active moving things around for our new apartment, but there's one time I can't really justify that way... so I missed out on one workout during the challenge. Therefore I'll call this one a B. (Yes, harsh - but really 3 times a week isn't THAT difficult to achieve.)

So after deducting some partial points because it's a B I end up with: 

STR 1.5

STA 1.5

DEX 0.75

Lifequest: Try something new!

* During this challenge do two things I’ve never done before!

Oh I don't know, does moving into our own apartment count? :D Even if it doesn't - I've been positively EPIC regarding this goal: 

- I wrote a long letter to my grandparents to say thank you and to share good memories with them. I was a bit nervous to give it to them, but they LOVED it. Such a good experience.

- I went boxing! Even worse than a normal class, it was an event for young employees at my work. I wanted to convince a colleague to join me, but in the end I had to go BY MYSELF. Which I did. I always feel awkward and clumsy doing new things in which I have to move my body, I even cried a bit (ugh.) during the first 15 minutes of the class. ... I stayed, continued and ended up finishing the whole class. I'm so proud of myself!

In addition to those 'official' events I did a lot more. I bought a new bike (employer paying for about half of it), I've been living by myself for about a month now. I've cooked a beef heart stew (very tasty!) and stayed primal 95% of the time (still am! :)). I've talked to lots of strangers in the stores (I'm not that much of a social butterfly, but I'm learning) and I've finished my first term as a qualified teacher. I think I'll keep this 'doing new things' as a life goal ;) 

No points for this though, just overall epicness.

Final grade: A-

Thanks for having me, dear druids :)

Yay!  Great job!

END OF CHALLENGE

MEDITATION

1. Calm.com at work: 4 days missed overall. FINAL GRADE: B (.75 WIS / .75 CON)

2. Meditate outside of work 3x/week: One week did not have all sessions. FINAL GRADE: B (.75 WIS / .75 CON)

RELAXATION

1. Relaxing activity 3x/week: 2 day missed.  FINAL GRADE: B (.75 WIS / .75 CON)

EXERCISE

1. Physical activity every day: 8 days missed. FINAL GRADE: D :( At least I didn't completely fail (.5 STR / .5 CON)

2. Zombies Run - GOAL REMOVED - No progress due to injury / illness.

BAD HABIT

1. Stop using credit cards: Still only 1 slip. FINAL GRADE: B (1.5 WIS)

OVERALL CHALLENGE GRADE: C

OVERALL POINTS AWARDED: 3.75 WIS, 2.75 CON, 0.50 STR

Overall, I'm not disappointed. I had a really rough October with my health, and yet managed to get through the month without daily meltdowns / massive junk food sessions / shopping sprees.  Meditating often popped up in my head when in the past I would just freak out. Knowing that I could shift my focus from stress or pain or whatever to something else was comforting and helpful.  Didn't always completely work, but at least I had a new tool to try before doing "bad" things.

I'm pretty sure the credit card habit is broken and it's going to stay that way!  I'm a lot better at self-denial than I was 6 weeks ago. I even saw a really awesome scarf the other day and had picked it up even though I knew it wasn't in the budget and I didn't have spare cash and I walked all around the store with it and then... I put it back on the rack! I was pretty proud of me.

I'm looking forward to getting over this cold and getting back outside for exercise! I want some more sunshine before the snow flies

Very nice.  :)  It was a great challenge!

How Did I Do?

Total Grade: C

This is actually better than the average of my individual scores, but I started some good habits which are not really captured by the quest items, themselves.  For example, I dropped about three to five pounds and my jeans are noticeably looser.  It just did not translate much into waist-at-belly-button measurements.  I also quit drinking virtually all carbonated beverages, using water now.  Even though I did not succeed in my original goals, I am certainly moving in the right direction.

Short Term Quest

1. Keep carb consumption down to 100g per day or less, subject to 80/20 rule.  STA +2 CON +3
    A - I managed this about 90% of the time.
  2. Drop an inch or more of waist size (currently 36.1"). CHA +2
    F - I got down to 36.0", so 10% of goal.  I am going in the right direction and my habits have definitely improved.
  3. Work on headstands at least four times per week.  I still get dizzy when I try them and I need to get over this. STR +2 DEX +2
    D - I averaged about once a week, so 25%.  The recent post on handstands was much appreciated.  Next quest...

Life Quest

1. Publish some music, somewhere, and let this community know where.  I currently have several projects in the works that could qualify for this. WIS +2 CHA +2
    C - I did not get anything published, but not for lack of trying.  I would guess I got about 50% of the way there.

Level 8 Human Druid

STR 10 DEX 8.5 STA 11 CON 11 WIS 11 CHA 12

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not Eureka! (I found it!) but rather, 'hmm... that's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov

Finish

Walking = 96%

Yoga = 78%

Moderation = 70%

For the lofty goals I set, I'm very happy with the outcome for Walking, satisfied with Yoga (although was hoping to get over 80%), and pretty disappointed with my Moderation. And as I have done in the past, what I was worst in will become the focus of my next challenge! What I learned (or rather reinforced) is that yoga is excellent exercise for me, and I need to keep doing it. So, I will try to do 2-3 hours of yoga per week during the next challenge even though I won't make it a formal goal. Ditto for 3 hours of walking (w/ 30 minutes at least 4 times a week at work) or other exercise per week. 

I knew this would be tough, and it was, but I'm glad I made things a little tougher this time. 

Looking forward to the next challenge!

Cave Dweller Druid, Level 4

STR: 5 | DEX: 5 | STA: 9 | CON: 10 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 8 Start:1/2/1/3/6/2

Just saw that there will be a TWO week break until the next challenge. That's too long! So I'm going to start a 7-week challenge on Monday :)

Long-term Goal: Fit into those pants!

Current Goal: Drop fat so I can do yoga (Not do yoga so I can drop fat!)

Most people want to exercise to lose weight. Well, of course I do too. But really, since discovering that yoga is just about the perfect exercise for me, I've realized that being overweight really sucks when trying to do yoga! So my goal this time is to really knuckle down on my diet, dropping excess fat so that I can work in a bigger range of asanas. I seem to have a hard time focusing on diet with multiple goals, so this will be my only stated goal. I will still be trying to walk (or other exercise) three hours per week and aiming for 2-3 hours of yoga (spread over at least three days per week).

I've tried just about every diet under the sun, diet defined as any way of eating that limits certain foods. So yes paleo is a diet, not a "lifestyle" in that respect. And they all fail eventually as I just love different foods too much. At this point I'm convinced that moderation, though difficult, will be my only path to long-term success. So I will be focusing on moderate eating, which isn't easy to define or measure! The only thing I can say is that I know when I'm moderately full and when I've overeaten, so I will follow my stomach and not my eyes.

One problem I have is eating second helpings. So one fixed rule I'll have is to eat using a small plate. After finishing, I will set a timer for 15 minutes, and I cannot get any more food (but can drink water/tea/coffee) until that time's up. That will give my brain time to catch up with my stomach and help keep me from overeating. I'm still going to try to limit refined grains/sugars, junk food, alcohol, and other "empty" foods, but I will not deny myself entirely.

In order to keep myself honest and also relate my physical/mental state to certain foods, I'll be keeping a food journal. Given that I have a smartphone and never go anywhere that doesn't have network access, I'll expect myself to update my challenge page after every meal/snack. Each entry (meal/snack) will count as one point, so my final score will be based on a % (# of moderate meals/snacks over total).

tl;dr -- Eat moderately, wait 15 minutes before getting more, keep a food journal

I hope to drop a pant size by the end of the 7 weeks, which I think would be roughly 10lbs. I'll take new measurements/weight Sunday evening. Here we go (early)!!!

Cave Dweller Druid, Level 4

STR: 5 | DEX: 5 | STA: 9 | CON: 10 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 8 Start:1/2/1/3/6/2

My first challenge as a Druid was very successful!

Goal 1: Make something from scratch at least once a week: A  (3 CON, 2 WIS)

Although I haven't completely removed convience food from my diet, I did a lot more cooking with whole foods during this challenge.  I'm finally getting into the habit of making a meal plan and going grocery shopping during the weekend when I have have more time, and doing prep work in advance and using my Crockpots more.  I've tried some new recipes from my mother-in-law that are definitely keepers, like French Onion Soup.

Goal 2: Walk at least 5000 steps every day: A  (5 STA)

I only walked less than 5000 steps on one day during the challenge, and that was not a good day in most respects.  Most days were really successful, and I got over 10,000 steps on 15 of the days.

Goal 3: Go to two classes at the University gym every week:  A (3 DEX, 2 STR)

I did manage to get to two, and occasionally three, classes every week during the challenge.  I tried out several styles of yoga, plus cardio kickboxing and Zumba.  I really enjoyed every yoga class I tried, and I feel a difference in my back from doing yoga regularly.  The next challenge will be whether I have the willpower to get to the gym in the winter when its snowing!

Overall grade: A

Level 3

STR 3 | DEX 5 | STA 7 | CON 5 | WIS 4 | CHA 1

Hey wow - I got a week off and thought I had another week to do. I did a SEVEN week challenge! (whoops) Anyway - here's the goals I set for this challenge:

• Meditate at least 3 times a week
  • Complete Nerd Fitness Academy Dumbbell Division 1 Workouts (3 workouts per week)
  • Walk/moderate interval training at least two times a week
  • Eat at least 80% paleo: 6/7 days a week

Meditations 17/18 - 95%

Nerd Fitness Workouts 17.5/18 - 97%

Walking/Intervals/Biking/Yoga 18/12 - 150%!!

Eat 80% Paleo 35/36 days - 97%

Overall my average is 102% - for an A across the whole challenge. Hooray!

I didn't do as well as I'd hoped as far as this challenge reaching me towards my life goal of being on better terms with my body. I think that's going to take seeing measurable progress - something I'm not seeing right now in terms of weight, bodyfat%, or weights lifted/exercises done. I'm trying to work out what's causing me to be so stuck, progress wise. I'd really like to continue to lose the weight I put on due to meds two years ago - I'm down 20lbs, but have about 20 more to go. I'd be less concerned with the scale if the calipers were showing me losing bodyfat, but after six weeks I am exactly where I started - 169 lbs and between 31-32% bodyfat. I've been able to add a little bit to some of my dumbbell lifts, but I think a lot of those gains were because I was still figuring out where I needed to be for each lift. I haven't been able to increase past those in the last two weeks.

I still have another 3 weeks to go in my first six weeks with the Nerd Fitness Academy, so I will likely finish those and see where I am again at that point. I don't know if I will do another challenge here right away, or take a challenge off to get myself set up with the NFA system really well before I start up here again. We'll see how I'm feeling when the next challenge starts.

Level 3 Human Druid

[sTR: 3] [DEX:8] [sTA:5] [CON:9] [WIS:8] [CHA:2]

Previous Challenge Thread: A Wild Anna Appears

Current Challenge Thread: Just one Anna, Just TWO challenges!

Walking to Lothlorien: On the road south of Rivendell

Twitter: @justanna

^^

Great work CraftyChemist and justoneanna!!

Here is my summary, copied and pasted from my thread

Posted Today, 06:36 PM

Summary of my challenge onwards and upwards

It’s been a very intense sixweek period and as I wrote, I was considering not participating at all. But I did and I am pleased about it.

My goal this time was to maintain, and I did - at least in some ways.

About a month ago I started work at my new workplace, about 600 kilometers away. 

So many things are different and I realize that I am only starting this journey of change and growth.It is fun, painful, scary and so many other things.....

I don’t know where this will end but I have a feeling that the change has only begun...

So, summary of the challenge

Running

7 times a shorter round and three times 15 kilometers

D

Could have been better obviously but we did a lot of walking in Paris, and I haven't stopped running although my energy levels have been low.

Yoga

16 times

F. ouch - that hurts!

But again, a lot more than nothing and yoga (if only for a few deep conscious breaths sometimes) is a constant part of my life now.

Keeping sane

Working to make my move smooth and not to forget any important parts, and also starting my new life at my new place in a god way.

Every day I did something to keep sane, some days it included a well needed rest. I didn't allow myself to "forget" any of the more strenuous or difficult parts.

Grading myself an A - and taking part in the challenge really helped my to maintain structure and keep making progress.

Studying

I have started developing quite a stabile habit of studying. Still need to improve but I managed to attend a scientific meeting for three days without freaking out.

Grading myself an A because I managed three solid days with lectures.

Overall grade is difficult. A C maybe?

So, I really don't like failing. But, if we didn't fail it wouldn't be a challenge!!

Now I am continuing from this new place where I am at. It is hard (especially the commute and all the feelings connected to that) but I will continue. Upwards

I have chosen to believe in myself.

Just saw that there will be a TWO week break until the next challenge. That's too long! So I'm going to start a 7-week challenge on Monday :)

Long-term Goal: Fit into those pants!

Current Goal: Drop fat so I can do yoga (Not do yoga so I can drop fat!)

Most people want to exercise to lose weight. Well, of course I do too. But really, since discovering that yoga is just about the perfect exercise for me, I've realized that being overweight really sucks when trying to do yoga! So my goal this time is to really knuckle down on my diet, dropping excess fat so that I can work in a bigger range of asanas. I seem to have a hard time focusing on diet with multiple goals, so this will be my only stated goal. I will still be trying to walk (or other exercise) three hours per week and aiming for 2-3 hours of yoga (spread over at least three days per week).

I've tried just about every diet under the sun, diet defined as any way of eating that limits certain foods. So yes paleo is a diet, not a "lifestyle" in that respect. And they all fail eventually as I just love different foods too much. At this point I'm convinced that moderation, though difficult, will be my only path to long-term success. So I will be focusing on moderate eating, which isn't easy to define or measure! The only thing I can say is that I know when I'm moderately full and when I've overeaten, so I will follow my stomach and not my eyes.

One problem I have is eating second helpings. So one fixed rule I'll have is to eat using a small plate. After finishing, I will set a timer for 15 minutes, and I cannot get any more food (but can drink water/tea/coffee) until that time's up. That will give my brain time to catch up with my stomach and help keep me from overeating. I'm still going to try to limit refined grains/sugars, junk food, alcohol, and other "empty" foods, but I will not deny myself entirely.

In order to keep myself honest and also relate my physical/mental state to certain foods, I'll be keeping a food journal. Given that I have a smartphone and never go anywhere that doesn't have network access, I'll expect myself to update my challenge page after every meal/snack. Each entry (meal/snack) will count as one point, so my final score will be based on a % (# of moderate meals/snacks over total).

tl;dr -- Eat moderately, wait 15 minutes before getting more, keep a food journal

I hope to drop a pant size by the end of the 7 weeks, which I think would be roughly 10lbs. I'll take new measurements/weight Sunday evening. Here we go (early)!!!

Hmm, a seven week challenge, I might join you...

Ok, going in for a seven week challenge then (are you game RFG?!)

I'll add grading at the latest in a week since the "proper" challenge starts then.

So - continuing along the same tracks.

Motivation

I have suffered from fatigue syndrome, am currently working full time at my new workplace 600 kilometers from home. I need to take care of myself, body and soul, to stay healthy and not lose the life I have regained.

If I don't do this I might have a relapse which could be very dramatic.

My goal:  I am making it work which means I am keeping it real and prioritizing the most urgent problems on a day to day basis.

How

Again: yoga 7 days a week. Maybe I'll try a morning routine again, we'll see.

I need it, crave it and love it.

Again: studying. I am still in my introduction phase at work. It has started in the best possible way and now I need to keep sharp - not get comfortable...

Again: running / skiing. No snow in sight yet. I've had a little difficulty with my left leg after a an accident where I fell off my bike.

After one week of rest I feel better.

I am increasing to 4 times a week. And twice during the seven weeks ; 20 kilometers…Either running or skiing.

To add something new

Facing my weaknesses

I have done this (faced potential weaknesses) a lot these last six weeks. It would be so easy when I'm living alone to eat a lot of junk food, stay up to late, drink wine too often, leave the dishes for the next day…

Though this is OK once in a while it is not the life I want to live. It might sound very "worldly" but I want to keep moving forward, being in control and choosing when I "take a day off".

Let the challenge begin….

Level 4:  Pushing Limits Wrap Up

Overall Grade:  D

I flaked out for basically the last half of the challenge when things got too busy, and I got distracted and started knitting maniacally.  Thank goodness for the chance to get back on track next challenge.  On the other hand, I ate a healthy diet and lost weight even when I wasn't focused on it.

Food Goal Results:  B  +2.25 CON

I flaked out on tracking a little under halfway through the challenge, but I actually did very well on eating properly.  Not sure how to grade myself on this, so I'm being generous and assuming that the time I didn't track went as well as the time I did track (55/64 points) so I'm giving myself a B.

Workout Goal Results: C  +1 STR, +1 STA, +0.5 DEX

I completed 17 workouts during this challenge, a sharp drop from previous challenges.  DH and I are dealing with a significant schedule change and have been struggling to find time to work out as a result.  Building SOLID workout habits will be a big part of my goals next challenge.

Meditation & Sleep Goals:  F +0 points

I really dropped the ball on these, but I did learn several good tools for improving my sleep habits, and actually got more sleep this challenge than I have in quite a while.  I just returned from a Buddhist workshop feeling very inspired and motivated to build up my meditation habit, so I'm going to do a much better job on both these goals next challenge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Stats

Level 3 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  10.5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 11.75 | CON: 5.75 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenge 1  | Challenge 2 | Challenge 3 | Challenge 4

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Stats:

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Challenge 1  | Challenge 2 | Challenge 3 | Challenge 4 | Challenge 5 (coming soon)

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Judith Viorst

End of challenge coincided with my away-from-the-real-world holiday, hence a bit late in posting... :)

1. Learning - Grade A - went way above & beyond what I had set myself

2. Stand Up Straight - Grade A - have maintained constant checking of posture but it's still not natural.  I'll be continuing with this into the next challenge...

3. Efficiency - I abandoned most routine I had set up due to meeting work deadlines and throwing everything into studying

Home - Grade C

Work - Grade B

4. Purify - Grade C by the measures I set at the start of this challenge

I have however made good progress on the purifying the mind front.

5. Fitness/healthy - Grade F

First day of the challenge I weighed 58.3 kg.  First day off the challenge I weighed 58.9 kg.

I've barely been to the gym during the challenge (due to work/study) although I did manage to pick up on floor exercises in the last week and start to incorporate more stair walking into my routine.

Overall: Grade C

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines