The start of an Awesome adventure!

Hello all!

I am a 22 year old father of one ridiculously adorable 14 month old baby girl.

I've always been that kinda tall scrawny kid that ate mountains of junk food, and gallons of soda a day without gaining any kind of weight. Though, I've decided it's time to start being healthy as I have discovered, due to my sedentary lifestyle coupled with asthma and smoking, (what can I say i was an idiot) that i cant roll around and play with my daughter for extended periods of time without getting winded and needing a break. So there's my motivation, my daughter.

I have already accomplished a few of my goals, I'm tobacco free for almost a month now, cut back the junk food by a lot and I'm done to one or two soda's a week.

Ongoing Goals:

Run a 5k without stopping

Do twenty pull ups

Overall just gain muscle and stamina.

EDIT:

NEW GOAL:

It's come to my attention today that I cant even make it halfway across the monkey bars at my local park so there's something new to work towards.

P.S. Never stop being awesome!!

Level 2 Half-Elf

STR 8 | STA 5 | DEX 4 | CON 3 | WIS 4| CHA 1

Hi Elros! Beautiful goals and motivation!! I enjoyed reading about the monkey bars lol, I actually just tried to do the same thing myself on Thursday (I work at an elementary school) and was shocked and filled with sudden self-pity when I realized I couldn't even making it two bars. I'll have to try again at the end of the 6 weeks ;) I'm super impressed by the goals you've already met--going tobacco-free for a month is NOT an easy task. Congratulations! Looking forward to following your progress for the next 6 weeks. Huzzah, my half-elf cousin!

Level 2 Half-Elf Druid

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Current Challege

"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed."

"If the road is easy, you're likely going the wrong way."

(from Terry Goodkind, the Sword of Truth series)

Welcome! Man, I'm kind of jealous! If I cheat even a little with my diet I seem to pay for it every time. Can't get away with anything lol. Great job on everything you have accomplished so far and good luck reaching the rest of your goals.

Little ones are excellent motivation for getting healthier :) That is certainly one of my main motivators! Keeping up with a 2 year old is tough business.