Apfelstrudi's challenge-break-log

Yay, my first battle log! 

Since my last challenge wasn't a very great success, I'm going to start this challenge early - but since the forums for it aren't up yet and it's not officially time, I'll start by preparing myself for the next challenge. 

Not gonna give away my goals just yet, but will use this thread to keep track of what I do.

Starting with the first thing I did today - a load of laundry! Huge accomplishment, I know. :P

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

apfelstrudi learns to outrun shamblers | Instagram challenge

:ph34r: 2

=Stalking you both in one thread.....muhahahaha

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Do I need huge sun glasses and scarves now to hide from the paparazzi? :o

Since this is just easing from one challenge to the other, only stretching for me today! 

I found a neat crockpot meal to make, too. Have to work tomorrow and the day after so no time for it, but will make it this weekend!

http://www.paleofondue.com/2013/08/27/paleo-caldereta-filipino-beef-stew/

It's all boring up in hurr. I've been buried in work, even have to go in tomorrow. Nanowrimo just started, I'm writing right now. Did some laundry. Ate some salami. Cut 20cm of my hair off. Caugty an enormous bug in the bathroom, it's shiny. GOT RUNNING SHOES. Nearly slept in them because happiness but boyfriend made me take them off. The spoil sport.

(sorry for short replies, spelling derps and autocorrect funsies, sent from phone)

I don't! 

I might post bits and pieces of it, but since I may want to publish it, in case it turns out awesome, I don't want to post too much of it on the internet where the evil copy-pasta-monster could just snack it up and do with it as it pleases.

Today's a shiny happy day. 

I made beef bone broth from scratch yesterday, something I've never done before. It simmered for close to 3 hours and was pretty darn amazing when it was done.

Then today the /real/ cooking marathon started. 

From 10 to 11:45 I stood in the kitchen preparing things. Or well - finishing already prepared things. I already cut up the ton of vegetables last night.

I mixed up liverwurst with tomato sauce and tomato paste. I sautée'd onions, garlic, tomatoes, carrots and sweet potatoes and then put them in a dutch oven. I roasted a kilo of beef and added it to the veggies. Deglazed the pan with soy sauce and vinegar, then added that, the liverwurst-sauce and the bone broth to the dutch oven. It is now full to the brim with deliciousness and sitting in the oven.

I took a few pictures! They're not great but I'll add more when it's done :)

459239acf73159e279a0b8b05bb131d8.png

That huge pan was full with veggies.

54689918ae04da0956daad340f16042c.png

Is that a pile of meat or what?

a777834fb0adc2a0277aedec66e15e7b.png

Unrelated, new hair cut and weird face.

So! There's another reason why this is a happy day.

We're doing this secret santa thing with the online admin team I work with.

And for days, ever since we drew names on monday, I've been trying to come up with something awesome to give my draw. I finally got it! She got her marraige proposal at the Loreley, which is where I'm originally from, She loves lego.

Sooooo. I ordered a lego mermaid last night, will go collect water from the Rhine, as well as a rock, and make her a pretty Loreley lego snow globe. :)

and someo ther stuff - seh's having a baby this week! So will add something for the baby, her hsuband and her other kid. But I'm happy to have had that idea :D