I've been away, and I've been bad...

Well, I've been away for a while.  In my defense, my day-job got REALLY hectic, busy, and almost out of control.  A busy day-job coupled with my fat behind being just plain lazy caused me to fall off the motivated wagon and pop back up to a higher weight than I'd like.

What brought me back you ask?  Well, shameless self-promotion and the amazing success of my wife's weight loss.

Early on I was highly motivated by everyone on this site to workout, lose weight, and had down the right path.  Then I injured myself in body-weight workouts, twice.  Then I got lazy.  Then work picked up and my human nature kicked in.  I made Excuses and didn't work out anymore.

One of my goals during my one and only six week challenge has been WILDLY successful though, and it is that goal that has driven me back here.

Everyone on this site has been fantastic with information, support, and encouragement.  You will see this for the shameless plug it is, but I truly do intend to stick with it and carry through.  What is this shamelessness of which I speak?  My writing.  I have successfully completed my novel, it has been edited, and our kickstarter is scheduled to begin November 1.

Why is this good?  Well, my deal was and is that if I wanted to spread the news here on Nerd Fitness about my book I had to workout again.  So, this is my way of creating self accountability, by posting my intentions here.  I figure if I stay active here posting my workouts I can earn my way out of shameless plug and into the world of something else that is not shameless plug.

The plan is simple to start.  Go slow, get back in the swing, don't injure myself.  Eventually, I'll be back to doing full-on hardcore workouts again and dropping pounds AS WELL AS publishing books.  I am open to your thoughts...

I may not agree with what you have to say but I will defend your right to say it to the very death.

Voltaire

My website: The Pen and The Sword

www.firstchevalier.com

My debut novel Kickstarter Project-http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1163624572/rise-of-the-herald-the-debut-novel-by-mark-e-malco

I'm hopeful I can participate in the upcoming challange that starts on Monday, if I remember what my wife told me.

I may not agree with what you have to say but I will defend your right to say it to the very death.

Voltaire

My website: The Pen and The Sword

www.firstchevalier.com

My debut novel Kickstarter Project-http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1163624572/rise-of-the-herald-the-debut-novel-by-mark-e-malco