Looking good.  I was just looking around for a challenge thread, but figured you must just be doing the battle logs.

Thanks!  Yeah, sorry about that man.  With the flooding of the house and that STILL not being resolved, I decided to maintain things over here.  It is a challenge since it's all staying with StrongLifts, but an official one, not yet.  Thanks for keeping after me :)  (of course you can always hit me up on FB if I were to go dark)

I need to get me a NF shirt. it looks awesome in your picture. 

Thanks!  I'm sure it will look awesome on you, but you're gonna have to get next to a Storm Trooper or something :)

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Thanks!  Yeah, sorry about that man.  With the flooding of the house and that STILL not being resolved, I decided to maintain things over here.  It is a challenge since it's all staying with StrongLifts, but an official one, not yet.  Thanks for keeping after me :)  (of course you can always hit me up on FB if I were to go dark)

Thanks!  I'm sure it will look awesome on you, but you're gonna have to get next to a Storm Trooper or something :)

Yup, If I hadn't seen your battle log going, I was going to have to send you a message :D

• Like 1

Tuesday Night Workout :)

Treadmill - warm-up

10 Min. / 8% incline / 3.5 mph

STRONGLIFTS 5x5

Squats

2x45x5

1x75x3

5x110x5

Overhead Press

5x50x5

Deadlift

1x135x5

1x165x5

Planks (not Stronglifts, but fun)

Elbow Plank Static

30.76s

Elbow Semi-circle plank (or leg reach)

39.70s (10 reaches with each leg)

33.68s (10 reaches with each leg, a little faster this time)

Elbow Plank Static

37.61s

Treadmill - cool-down

6 Min. / 4% incline / 2.5 mph

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Hey guys, I haven't updated in about five days, so here's what's been going on.

1. I did get a workout in on Friday

Squats 5x115x5 (plus warmups)

Bench 5x85x5 (plus warmups)

Row 5x105x5 (plus warmups)

2. Thursday, they finally came out and removed the tact strips and an insurance adjuster came out to inspect the damage.  in approx two weeks, they are going to begin rennovation.  This includes redoing the walls, painting, and carpeting all but four areas (one bedroom, laundry room, kitchen, dining room).  Everything else has to be moved out of the house (we are putting it all in the garage) and we have to find a place to stay (all 6 of us) for two weeks.  Good news is that landlords won't charge us rent for those two weeks.  At first we were really stressed and in shock that we were going to have to figure something out... OH and renters insurance actually lapsed on us BEFORE all this happened... we didn't find out till Friday when we checked.

3. Good news on the 2 weeks away front, we put out a prayer request on FB with our church and some sweet lady who's living in a four bedroom house all alone has offered to house us for two weeks.  We were floored by her generosity and are going to visit her this week to see if it will be a good fit.  She's got a couple of animals and my wife needs to make sure she's not allergic to the kitties there.  If that works out, it'll be such a HUGE blessing.  I'll keep y'all updated.

4. I didn't get a workout in this weekend... boo... oh well, rest and spending time with family actually took precident.  Also, so did going to the G.I. Joe convention on saturday >_>

5. I'll be moving things into the garage, including my computer, so updates will be even more sparse till the whole ordeal is over.  I'm going to do my best to keep going to the gym when time permits.  With all the moving, I might be getting in nightly workouts with that alone haha...

Oh my goodness, what drama! I'm glad you at least have a lead on the housing situation though, hopefully that will work out.

Good for you getting a workout in amidst the chaos. Sorry to hear about the renter's insurance... that is the pits. Hopefully not too much valuable stuff was damaged?

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Oh my goodness, what drama! I'm glad you at least have a lead on the housing situation though, hopefully that will work out.

Good for you getting a workout in amidst the chaos. Sorry to hear about the renter's insurance... that is the pits. Hopefully not too much valuable stuff was damaged?

Yeah, it's stressful and tiring, but thanks!  I'm glad to see things working out even in the midst of all the other frustration.  Darn that Murphy's Law!

Yeah, surprisingly, only one thing got messed up by the water that was ours and that was a dresser.  It got wet and the leg just desentegrated... we're cleaning it out and putting it out on the curb for bulk trash pick up this week.

I should have updated you guys :)

1. Joy had a good meetup with the lady who is opening up her house to us for the two weeks.  Her dog is adorable, is protective of women, and has command words.  Her two cats are either skittish or male lovers, so I'll be getting some kitty rehab while I'm there lol.

2. I did get a work out in on Wednesday.  I should have done something on Monday, but opted to stay home, so it is what it is.

Wednesday Oct 8th

Treadmill warmup

Squat

5x45x2 - warmup

3x75x1 - warmup

Overhead Press

5x55x5

Deadlift

5x135x1 - warmup

5x165x1 - warmup

5x175x1

Treadmill cooldown

===========

If things go well tonight, then it'll be:

Squats

5x45x2

3x85x1

5x125x5

Bench

5x45x2

5x90x5

Pendlay Row

5x95x1

5x110x5

Well, it's been almost a month and I need to check back in!

It's been stressful and crazy.  In summary, still moving the house, Monday the 10th is actually the day we gotta be out for the construction, etc.  Previously over the past weeks we've dealt with a nasty stomach virus that made it's way through everyone in my house, fun times!

Needless to say, I've not been to the gym for one reason or another for about a month and I FEEL it.  I need to back on track in that regards and I will.

I hope you all are doing okay.

Monday update, we finally got every last scrap of stuff that needed to be moved, into the garage.  I'm surprised it managed to all fit in there...  I'm also surprised at the many boxes and totes and things I was like "why do we have this?  where did this come from?"  lol.  Needless to say, Joy and I are gonna go through some major culling before we let things BACK into the house.

We managed to get over to the host's house around 7:30pm and all brought in the last of our needed things.  I'm sure we left SOMETHING at the house we might need, but I can't think of what that might be right now.

My first night's sleep wasn't the greatest.  I "slept" but when you have sleep filled with nightmares, waking up repeatedly, etc.  It just wears on ya.  Though I suspect things will settle down as I get used to being there and the stress lowers :)

Just swinging in to update and keep things going.

I've been sleeping better at the host home, we are so blessed to be able to live there for this time.  We've also got a heads up from the contractors that they finished the walls and painting yesterday.  Now the carpet will be scheduled to be put in on Monday - Wednesday, so at the least we can work on moving things back into the house through half the week.

On another note, Joy and I were also talking in the car last night when I picked her up from work.  We actually had a good little discussion about needing to get back to the gym once we get back to the house.  We both can feel it, being away from things for a month.  Not fun.  Though, in a way, it was exciting to both feel the loss/yuck of not having worked out in awhile.

Week one down and good.

Week two has started off well, everyone is getting settled in.  The animals are getting used to all of us and such.  Though the carpeting should be finished by Wednesday, so we shall see how it all pans out.

No word on the status of the house yet.  Hopefully, we will hear something today.  In the meantime, I just have to nerd out and share this.

I liked the movie, but I did wonder about a few things lol.

Update!!!

So the contractor called me today.  He said that the plumber would be going in today and that tomorrow he had scheduled the trimer and the painter to come out and touch everything up.  That means that we should be able to get back into the house by friday evening.  YAY... now, who wants to help me move things back into the house this weekend?  Any takers? :D

Update

Still alive. :)

I'm in a funk right now. I hate hitting a tail-spin after coming out of disturbances in life. Oh well. Sometimes I look at myself and see my goals so far away, it's disheartening.

I got back to the gym Wednesday. However, I sprained a quad muscle on my right leg and I haven't been back since. Think I'll try and go back today if life permits.

At least I'm trying to reign in my diet, which is a huge pain all in itself. I'm making a stew with some new potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, stew meat, garlic, fire roasted diced tomatoes, beef broth, and a lot of seasonings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, life got in the way of going to the gym last night.  Oh well.  That's one more day I have let this injury heal up, so I can't say it didn't help lol.

I did make the stew... I think it'll be good, it smells good for sure.  It made 9 servings, so I'll have nine, 2 cup, lunches for awhile :)

Stew is great - talk about nutritious comfort food!

Sorry things are feeling funky...I can relate! Hopefully it starts looking up soon.

Aww, hey Fonzico! <hugs>

Yes, it's very tasty, even if it has potatoes in it, I think it's a far better cry than the crap I've been eating for a month now.  I had to dig in somewhere and start fixing the food choices.

Thanks, perhaps we can work together to get out of our tail-spins... if you're in one that is lol.  I'm sure it'll get better once we get past the Christmas drama and such.

Haha yeah tailspin is probably a good word for it, although I feel like I'm starting to pull out of it.

Are you crazy enough to want to do another W30 with me and DF? Because I think that's happening in January.

I hope you you do :)

lol crazy, no, wishful, yes.  Hmm... well, I think Joy and I were going to attempt something starting in January after the holidays, I'll talk it over with her and see if she wants to join.

Hey BlamedCat!  Thanks for all the encouragement you sent my way during this challenge!  It was exciting knowing that I had people cheering me on through everything.  Good luck with the food-stuff next year, and have a Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes

Hey BlamedCat!  Thanks for all the encouragement you sent my way during this challenge!  It was exciting knowing that I had people cheering me on through everything.  Good luck with the food-stuff next year, and have a Merry Christmas!

You're totally welcome, Randa :)  It really does help, that and the prayers :)  Thank you, I'll see what I can get lined up, might even make a new challenge for the new year.  Merry Christmas!

For those of you following my battle log, here's the place-holder-half-baked thread for my new challenge in 2015.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/58404-blamedcat-11-hey-2015-wheres-the-wagon/

It'll be fully-baked before I eat it, no salmonella, I promise.

• Like 1

Here I am back at my battle log.

So I introduced things back into my diet and am deciding to take them back out.  Seems I can handle dairy fine, but wheat and wanton wrappers (maybe the sausage) are an issue.

I've also signed up to start DDP Yoga, so I'm starting to work through that. I took all my preliminary pics and posted them up on their site and am getting back to the gym and having a weekly session with Cody.  I've got the groin muscle issue almost completely taken care of, but it's significantly less than it was two weeks ago.  Hurray for progress!

Another update

I had my session "Yesterday" since it's 12:03am now.

I braved the start of the bad weather that was rolling in and went to the gym.

Turns out we did core and upper body today.  I knocked it out of the park and actually made it through a complete session this time without having to call it short!

My groin is still an issue, but it's much much less now, so that's awesome!

I also exceeded my trainer's (Cody) expectations for the last bit of my core (and the whole session) workout.

I was so proud of myself for going above and beyond and watching him pleasantly surprised and then trying to properly destroy me as neccesary. :D

I'm certain I will be feeling my core for the next 2-3 days lol.

• Like 1