Hi all! I understand there's already an ongoing thread for people that are already using Zombies, Run! or 5k, but I just wondered if there was anyone else out there who was starting up Zombies 5k?  I've started it before, TWICE, but always gave up due to my horrendously low will power...even though I enjoyed it... weird.

Anyone else thinking of starting it up for the new challenge?  It would be nice to have some Zombuddies (hurrr) to go through it with?

I'm going to be starting it up Season 2 soon.  I got through Season 1 awhile back, but due to an older phone and giving up on running for a bit to work on strength training, I haven't done it awhile.  Now I have a newer phone and am going to be running again soon.  So I'd be down.

Daily Log ]

Zombies, Run 5k includes.

Mission 1 (Same first episode from the regular app]

24 training missions. To train you over an 8 week period to officially become Runner 5.

Zombies, Run includes,

Season 1. 23 missions

Radio Mode Season 1, and 2.

Race Missions. Six in total two sets 5k 10k and 20k each. Chonologically set just before the end of season 1. The first set of 3 are included in your purchase. The second set, where you take on the role of New Canton Runner 5 (separate person from Abel 5 who is you.) Is an in app purchase.

Season 2 40 Story Missions and 24 Side Missions they can be purchased separately or together as a Season Pass in app.

Air Drop Mode. A new mode where you manually set a point on a real world map you want to run to and it'll track you via GPS and feed you story as you go. No additional purchase it is included.

Supply Runs. A hold over from v1 of the app these generic supply runs are just that to get you more supplies with minal story to build your Abel Township. Included. 7 supply run types.

So 24 training 23 season one 6 race 40 season two 24 side missions 7 supply runs and air drop.

That's 125 runs... Not even counting the hours of Radio Mode that play after missions complete and you want to keep running.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

Yeah that's what I did back in March. Week one starts you off with 15 second run 1 minute walk drills. Which may not seem like much but it will ramp up fast enough. Week one drills end with 10 minute free form runs, run or walk as much as you like. In March I couldn't run for ten solid minutes. By July 70 minute 10ks were my normal runs.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

Wow that is so inspiring, thank you!  I have gotten about three weeks in twice, and then my routine has just slipped away.  Never imagined i'd be able to do a 5k, but hearing your experience has perked me up, thanks! :)

I can feel another excuse coming on, but it is already getting so darn cold here, I'm worried my 'weather excuse' will set in too quickly for me to make any real progress.

hi English_Muffin!  i'm also working thru ZR5K.  I'm actually going to be starting week 4 today, but had about a month long break due to injury/pain/illness. i just started up again 2 days ago.  (and actually before that i tried C25K and stopped about 5 weeks in, so you're not alone with stopping!)

we can do it!  let's not let it beat us this time, not even if it's cold! won't it be awesome when spring rolls around and we can totally run a 5k? (or farther!)

this person really wants to delete their account but can't because it's not allowed.

I just got this!

I can already walk 30 seconds / jog 30, so I was thinking of skipping straight to week 3, or at least starting at the end of week 2. Is this a good or bad idea?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Xanify â™¦ Level 0 

STR 0 - DEX 0 - STA 0 - CON 0 - CHA 0 - WIS 0 

6-Week Challenge Thread

--

the statement below this is true

the statement above this is false

Cool!  Nice to hear there are others starting out on this, or in the middle of it.

upirygirl, you're so right, I need to push on!!!  Need to get my ass in gear.  First run tomorrow!?

Xanify, I felt like that the first time I did it, but I decided to start right from the beginning as I wanted to make jogging a habit that I gradually introduced. I actually then felt that once I got to week 4/5 I had a better jogging techinique/stamina that I had built up, and the walk/jog drills do help that.

Plus you get all the storyline! :)

But who am I to give advice when I haven't even completed the damn thing!? haha!

You can also follow other people on the website.... if anyone wants to start following each other too, I'm up for it...!  EnglishMuffin on https://www.zombiesrungame.com/EnglishMuffin/

I just got this!

I can already walk 30 seconds / jog 30, so I was thinking of skipping straight to week 3, or at least starting at the end of week 2. Is this a good or bad idea?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The great thing about the Zombies Run program is the story and the continuing saga. You keep running because you want to see what happens next, like tuning into a TV show. And it's all about you! You're runner 5- you can't let everyone down, so you have to keep running!

You might want to at least do the first few to get an idea of the backstory and characters and then take it from there. If you think you have the patience, I would say go for the whole thing. If you jump ahead and fall flat, you might find it hard to move bactrack- it's tough on the motivation. Enjoy the runs for what they are- a chance to get fit and a fun diversion thanks to the built in story. The 5K ability will come by just doing that.

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

The great thing about the Zombies Run program is the story and the continuing saga. You keep running because you want to see what happens next, like tuning into a TV show. And it's all about you! You're runner 5- you can't let everyone down, so you have to keep running!

You might want to at least do the first few to get an idea of the backstory and characters and then take it from there. If you think you have the patience, I would say go for the whole thing. If you jump ahead and fall flat, you might find it hard to move bactrack- it's tough on the motivation. Enjoy the runs for what they are- a chance to get fit and a fun diversion thanks to the built in story. The 5K ability will come by just doing that.

I found that I had to turn off the Zombies chase feature.  I would literally just start sprinting full speed when the zombies would start chasing you and just waste myself for the whole run after the first sprint.  Ha!

I just found it... there's a little 'Follow' button next to the name :)

Does anyone know how to wipe all previous runs etc?  I'm thinking I might just start from scratch.

If you go under Settings, then Run Logs, there should be a big red "X" next to each run.  

Daily Log ]

I just started week 4 of the 5K program last night. I'm really enjoying the app, it keeps me interested even though I've never been a huge fan of running. It's a fun story and it's neat to have it unfold as I run!

Enjoy the runs for what they are- a chance to get fit and a fun diversion thanks to the built in story. The 5K ability will come by just doing that.

Good point - it's a story that happens to involve running, not a running bootcamp that happens to come with a voice in your ear. 

I'll start out with the first one and see how I go. :D 

Xanify â™¦ Level 0 

STR 0 - DEX 0 - STA 0 - CON 0 - CHA 0 - WIS 0 

6-Week Challenge Thread

--

the statement below this is true

the statement above this is false

I just found it... there's a little 'Follow' button next to the name :)

Does anyone know how to wipe all previous runs etc?  I'm thinking I might just start from scratch.

So when I click on your link, it just takes me to a screen where it sits and says "Downloading Player" and never loads beyond that.  Weird.  Might have to contact the developers with a bug report.  

Daily Log ]

So when I click on your link, it just takes me to a screen where it sits and says "Downloading Player" and never loads beyond that.  Weird.  Might have to contact the developers with a bug report.  

it does that to me when i try to go one the site at work. when i'm at home, i don't have any issues. i'm assuming it's either some kind of filtering or cookie thing at work. don't know if that's what's going on for you, but just wanted to let you know it happens to me too sometimes!

• Like 1

this person really wants to delete their account but can't because it's not allowed.

it does that to me when i try to go one the site at work. when i'm at home, i don't have any issues. i'm assuming it's either some kind of filtering or cookie thing at work. don't know if that's what's going on for you, but just wanted to let you know it happens to me too sometimes!

Interesting.  I tried on my Linux box here at work and it came right up.  Something about my Windows box here at work just doesn't like that page.  Fun stuff.  Thanks for the tip.  

Daily Log ]

Interesting.  I tried on my Linux box here at work and it came right up.  Something about my Windows box here at work just doesn't like that page.  Fun stuff.  Thanks for the tip.  

If you're using Firefox on your Windows box, it's a known bug. It can also screw up your run entries if you try to edit them. When I talked to support about this issue a while back, their recommendation was to use Chrome for doing zombielink stuff on any systems where I had this issue until they figured out what was going on.

only what you take with you

Challenges: Starstuff Wars Episode I, II, III, IV, V, VI  

NF character ~ Fitbit ~ Strava ~ Smashrun ~ MyFitnessPal

Food Log

If you're using Firefox on your Windows box, it's a known bug. It can also screw up your run entries if you try to edit them. When I talked to support about this issue a while back, their recommendation was to use Chrome for doing zombielink stuff on any systems where I had this issue until they figured out what was going on.

I was using Chrome on both Linux and Windows.  Oh well.  

Daily Log ]