Getting ready for next challenge!

Nuala

Next challenge starts on November 11! Plenty of time to get ready for it. So, let's use this thread to share your goals or have them commented. Tell us what worked for you before and what didn't. 

corgipuppy.jpg

Hmmm, this is at least a V2/5C problem

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

image_zps9ab0b42c.jpg

Here is the tentative Nerdiversary Party plan :)

• All party food will be Paleo (ie. my one actual "goal" is to be 100% Paleo by the end of the challenge)
  • There will be lots of bendiness (back to 3x/week yoga)
  • Will try new and exciting things with new (and old) friends (participate in all Biggest Loser 2.0 mini challenges)
  • Preferably, all gifts will be Fiction books (I will read nothing but Fiction books for the entire challenge)

No grades, no pass/fail, just going to enjoy the next six weeks the best I can, and do the things I love and that make me happy and feel good.

"If it ain't fun, I ain't doin' it"

(plus lots of dreams/goals/aspirations talk, as usual ;) )

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid Ambassador :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I have no idea of what to do next challenge. Thing is, I don't know what I want to do with my life atm (yay, mid-life crisis or something). My diet is good, my workouts regulars (yay climbing) but I am still unsatisfied :/  Yep, I really don't know what to do.

You could go for trying new things. It's something I initially wanted to do but my challenge has too many things already. Make a goal to do one new, fun and sporty activity per week. That can be all sorts of things as long as you move and you might find something you really like?

(sorry for short replies, spelling derps and autocorrect funsies, sent from phone)

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

ApfelStrudi is out of control

I have no idea of what to do next challenge. Thing is, I don't know what I want to do with my life atm (yay, mid-life crisis or something). My diet is good, my workouts regulars (yay climbing) but I am still unsatisfied :/  Yep, I really don't know what to do.

maybe just do nothing in particular? An Unchallenge? Or explore your desires as part of your challenge goals, dig to the root of it maybe?

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

A lot of us seem to be planning on using our challenge threads as more of a daily battle log.  So, I wouldn't worry about that. 

As far as the life stagnation goes, maybe it's time to explore some activities a bit more.   You could always create a suggestion thread, and then pick a short list of things suggested by the rest of us that you might like to try.  And then do a bucket list challenge, where you try to tackle a bunch of things from that list. 

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Humm I like the bucket list challenge idea. But please don't tell anyone if I do that, I'm supposed to be a role model for the guildies (and I suck so much for that part of the job :D )

But yeah, lists. I like lists. <3

I'm still working on putting together my goals, but I do know that the biggest thing I learned is that I can't be vague.  Part of my failures (which weren't big) were due to the rush to join the challenge at the halfway point.  I need a very specific, detailed daily plan.  So I plan on using the next two weeks to get a calendar, journal, and painfully detailed action plan together.  Especially with the holidays coming up, I need to really think about eating habits so that I don't feel I'm depriving myself of yummy, delicious holiday foods.  I'm also involved (read "test subject") in a scientific study about exercising in a fasted state and the effect of eating directly after a workout on various bodily functions.  Being a part of this study means I can't do any leg exercise above and beyond what I typically do.  So again, something else I need to keep in mind.

Nothing creative on my side, I know exactly what I need to do.

Goal 1, 1700 calories, 150g of protein a day and log every day

Goal 2, continue SL 5x5

Goal 3, practice handstands twice a week minimum

Goal 4, fix my budget with having been cut 4 hours a week until at least end of december

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

Humm I like the bucket list challenge idea. But please don't tell anyone if I do that, I'm supposed to be a role model for the guildies (and I suck so much for that part of the job :D )

Pssst, you already are one of my role models.

Milythael Assassin
Challenges:
Intro, 123, 4567, 8 9 10 Current
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,

Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

You're one of my role models, too, Nuala!

As far as the next challenge goes, I'm trying to figure that out.  I'm registered for a 5k on December 21st (aka, conveniently a week after the challenge ends) and know that my fitness is what really needs help.  My diet could also use some work, but I'm at least aware that when I'm putting in my body isn't good as I'm doing it (and try to keep my apartment free of junk food, so at least I'm only eating it when I'm not home).  Maybe something involving my crock pot, so that I have healthy food ready for busy weeks without tons of effort?

Theatresara: Wig Stylist and Interactive Performer extraordinaire 

Current Challenge Thread   http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/73790-theatresara-joins-the-scouts/

Main Quest:  Lose 30 Pounds

0%
0%

I want to fine tune my diet a bit.

Keep up with the bone broth and then add in eating more fish

And still get 100 gram of protein, but this time ditch the protein powder.

Also I am going to have a goal of actually using my Paleo cookbook recipes, and my prize for an A is I get a new cookbook. Probably keeping my no am computer goal, because I still need to make that a habit.

Fitness type goals, hmmm, maybe nada or maybe a GTG handstand goal. One time for pull ups GTG, I rolled the dice daily and that was the # of pull ups I had to do that day,maybe I will do that for my handstand goal.

Or, maybe to complete the sets for my 20lb KB and move on to the 25lb one

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

ooo I'm excited! I got tackled by life a month and a half ago, but now things have settled back into some semblance of a routine again. I haven't quit logging or working out... I just need to get more focused again. 

Yay for goals!

I'm thinking some kind of consistency thing... something every day. Doesn't need to be super intense everyday though.... I may have to go back to the old stand by of daily burpees.

Not sure yet.

I am basically cut off from my beautiful barbells... boohoo!! (once in a while I can get to a gym, but not with any kind of consistency) So I need to make sure I keep building my assassin skills and strength....so maybe a 3-4X weekly or maybe even daily skill work too.

oh this is going to be good!

can't wait to see what all you awesome people come up with too!

Allons-y!

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

I finished my first level challenge and getting to work on my first official Assassin's challenge.

I think for the first one I'm going to try the 28-day handstand work and see if I can eventually just do a wall assisted handstand. As well as trying to do actual push ups instead of knee push ups.But overall going to keep fine tuning my workouts and instead of waiting for the end of the challenge to up the numbers, going to up them every 2 week in the hopes that I can be stronger. And of course trying to eventually get a jog going between the interval running. 

I was hoping to try and do some martial arts training again but time and money is not really a complete option outside of once a week practicing what I still remember from Kendo and such

First actual assassin challenge - so pumped!

Still trying to polish everything, but right now my goals look like:

3 Diet & Fitness:
  • weight loss:
    • subquests: a. lose 5 pounds b. grade my eating for the day and log everything.
  • daily practice of key skills - handstand, bridge, hollow, kicks & way more importantly splits & shoulder flexibility 
  • work out! gym*2, circus*1, spin*1, strength*2, flexibility *2, run*1. or more.  Currently, I do a fair bit for working out. Bolded below is what I already have committed to/do not miss/love to death. Italics is what I want to add in. It is a bit of a hodgepodge... I need to figure out what this would look like once I sort out my daily practice of key skills things.  This is a WIP. Also, I need to fit in a run.
    • Monday: gymnastics
    • Tuesday: REST
    • Wednesday: gymnastics
    • Thursday: silks & trapeze, strength, flexibilityhandstand lessons
    • Friday: spin
    • Saturday: gymnastics starting in Dec, until then... strength & flexibility...
    • Sunday: hot yoga, strength & flexibility

life quest
-bedtime & wake up time.  I am sick of being tired all the time. And waking up and running out the door. Sucky. I'd rather do some exercises in the AM, then go to school and not be rushed. My sleep hygiene sucks. Time to work on that.

Cavilie - Level 4 Assassin

Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4

Handstand PVP

7 WIS|2 STA|4.25 CHA|7.75 DEX|1 CON|3.75 STR

"If you can’t take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It’s not safe out here. It’s wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it’s not for the timid."

Q, Star Trek: The Next Generation ('Q Who?')

uhm...I disagree, you certainly do not suck at being a role model (but in my opinion, it's that you don't think you are good at it, thats part of why you are :) )

and lists are wonderful <3

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I've been feeling peticularly old lately (for my age) so I'm going to do a recovery focused challenge.

Mission 1 - regular massage

Mission 2 - adequate rest days

Missuon 3 - regular other recovery (cold water shower, light exercise, stretching...anything like that)

I want to attack my recovery from as many angles as possible. Any suggestions for more good recovery techniques?

I'm also going to have an exercse side quest called "Lucky 13" but you'll have to wait to see what it is. Hehehe

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

I'm back! 

Anyway... Ehm, I'm not sure yet! I know I'll have to be careful about my BW workouts, because my shoulder seems to be acting up again a little bit. I've already started doing some recovery exercises after my workouts, but I think I need to do them at other times, too. (Boo :() Maybe 2-3 times a week would be enough... That might be one goal. 

Not going to be an official goal :D But spending plenty of time with my hubby will be a major focus during the next challenge, as he'll be back from 3-something months in England (finally!). 

I know! I'll be working towards pull-ups. (Gosh, terrified even saying that... haha). I still need to get my dad to put up the pull-up bar, but it makes sense to work towards that. Any suggestions? I can do 4-5 proper inverted rows at the moment (always do '6' x 3 in my BW workouts, but the last 1-2 are quite sloppy usually... And progress seems terribly slow...) So I guess that'll be the major exercise goal.

And walking. Winter is coming around quickly (it's dark at 17.15-ish!) so I need to force myself to spend some more time outside. Walks are good for that. I think I'll aim at 2-3 a week (probably on non-exercise days). 

But yeah, still some time left, so goals might change (a lot) before the challenge starts. :) 

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

Nuala you are awesome! if I lived closer I would come over and give you hug lol

but seriously you made me want to give rock-climbing a try. but for this challenge I am going to do the turbulence 500 bodyweight routine:

So here is my TT Bodyweight 500 Workout:

• 50 Prisoner Squats
  • 50 Pushups
  • 25 Jumps
  • 25 Stability Ball Leg Curls
  • 50 Stability Ball Jackknifes
  • 50 Step-ups (25 reps per side)
  • 25 Pull-ups (NO substitutions)
  • 50 Forward Lunges (25 reps per side)
  • 50 Close-grip Pushups
  • 50 Inverted Rows
  • 50 Squats
  • 25 Chin-ups (NO substitutions)

also for part two I am actually going to do all of the mini challenges this time because I always forget

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines