• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

LADIES! Can you do a pull-up?

So the recent discussion of if a pullup is a realistic goal, I thought it would be really cool to make a compilation video of Nerd Fitness Lady Rebels doing pullups. 

Want to take part?

Do one of two things:

1) Upload a video to your gallery here (http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/gallery/) and then shoot me an email with the link to it.

2) Email me a link to where I can download the video (youtube doesn't work, because I can't edit and add it to my video).  Dropbox or even just emailing it works great.  

ALSO if you could include a sentence stating that we can use you in our compilation video.  This is the only thing we want to use it for, so it wouldn't show up in anything else, I promise :)  

And include what you would want your name to appear as, and your general location.

(and here's mine! http://instagram.com/p/gJCmvFRoAX/)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

So the recent discussion of if a pullup is a realistic goal, I thought it would be really cool to make a compilation video of Nerd Fitness Lady Rebels doing pullups. 

Want to take part?

Do one of two things:

1) Upload a video to your gallery here (http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/gallery/) and then shoot me an email with the link to it.

2) Email me a link to where I can download the video (youtube doesn't work, because I can't edit and add it to my video).  Dropbox or even just emailing it works great.  

ALSO if you could include a sentence stating that we can use you in our compilation video.  This is the only thing we want to use it for, so it wouldn't show up in anything else, I promise :)

And include what you would want your name to appear as, and your general location.

(and here's mine! http://instagram.com/p/gJCmvFRoAX/)

Sounds fun. I have never been able to get the gallery to upload a video though. I've always just had to do it via youtube. 

• Like 1

I made a folder called Ladies Pullups so people can upload the videos to the same place: here's mine. (I can also email the link to you if you want.) I am in Texas and you may use this video in your compilation.

I can do a less close-up version if you want it but I can't get a good angle that proves that they're not assisted; there's a wall right behind me and there's not enough room.

I made a folder called Ladies Pullups so people can upload the videos to the same place: here's mine. (I can also email the link to you if you want.) I am in Texas and you may use this video in your compilation.

I can do a less close-up version if you want it but I can't get a good angle that proves that they're not assisted; there's a wall right behind me and there's not enough room.

I had never used the handles on my pull up bar before. I always just used the bar itself. I did it the way you were in the video and was able to do 2 pull ups!

• Like 1

I had never used the handles on my pull up bar before. I always just used the bar itself. I did it the way you were in the video and was able to do 2 pull ups!

Woot!

Yeah, parallel grip is easier for most people than regular grip.

Well, I can. Not sure how I'll be able to take a video though, my pullup bar is in a very narrow and dark place. Would pullups on a campus board

campus-board.jpg

or a climbing training board

Makak_poutre2.jpg

work too? The pullup bar at my gym is not really good :/

Will get this done in the next couple of days! 

No kipping like in that silly crossfit vid tho right? "woo let's add a 45 pound dumbell and kip that" 

Also damn WQ....you strong.

Thanks! :D I was pleased to be able to knock out four after not really working on pull-ups for a while, especially after climbing earlier that evening. While I was doing PLP I got up to two sets of six and a couple more sets with fives but lost it after I took a break due to being tired all the time and want to get back to those numbers. Also to get higher numbers. Need to work on pull-ups more often to get and keep my numbers up. I'm going to try to do at least ten reps every day and that should help.