• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

LADIES! Can you do a pull-up?

I did my first straight pull-up last month after working towards it for a while! And a couple of weeks ago I was able to do 4 in a row! I have since been doing negative assist to be able to do more in a circuit, but I'm working my way to trying to get 5 and then 10 straight pull-ups in a row :)

• Like 5

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:41 PM, Évelyn an Ceò said:

I did my first straight pull-up last month after working towards it for a while! And a couple of weeks ago I was able to do 4 in a row! I have since been doing negative assist to be able to do more in a circuit, but I'm working my way to trying to get 5 and then 10 straight pull-ups in a row :)

Woot!

Reading this I though I'd have a go since I've never tried in my life. Turns out  I can do about 90% of one pullup which I'm pretty happy about! My eyes were level with the bar going from straight up arms. Don't really know much about form etc, but I think I might add them in to my workouts. Any tips welcome!

On 2/12/2018 at 6:44 AM, Plabebob said:

Reading this I though I'd have a go since I've never tried in my life. Turns out  I can do about 90% of one pullup which I'm pretty happy about! My eyes were level with the bar going from straight up arms. Don't really know much about form etc, but I think I might add them in to my workouts. Any tips welcome!

Do them all the time- as many times as you can in a day- "Grease the groove" is the technique and it's VERY helpful.

Doing negatives (get to above the bar- and lower yourself down as slowly as possible. 

Lat pull downs/Rows/DB Rows/BB rows- all very helpful for training "pull" muscles without actually doing pull ups. 

I started bouldering in 2017 and after about 6 months I tried a pull up and just did it (was a bit shocked about that :D).

Actually I can do 4 straight chin ups and 3 pull ups.

Didn't (and don't) train them seperate but bouldering helps.

• Like 2

I can do about 3 strict pull-ups currently.  I put my pull-up bar on the door next to the bathroom and I hit it every time I walked by.  I started by doing negatives using a chair and worked my way up to full on pull-ups.  I plan to keep going and I'd like to get to 20 by the end of the year.

• Like 1

I was nearly at 5 (from complete long arm) but I slacked on training and I'm back to 3 on a good day. My focus is so out of focus right now! Currently working on straight arm straddle backs.

Once upon a time, I did 6 pull-ups in one go, having never really done them before deliberately. That was probably 12 years ago. I was in middle school. Yikes, that was half a lifetime ago. Now I cannot do pull-ups, but I am aiming to change that.

I REALLY want to be able to do a pullup! I'm beginning to dabble with the 30 day pullup plan and just graduated from 10kg dumbbell rows to inverted bodyweight rows (on a TRX because I don't think we have a bar for that). My current workout involves sets of 15 rather than 8, so I'm going to be doing a little more work each time. At my next review, I'm going to ask to make the change down to 8 reps to build up my strength, and hopefully reach the magical pullup goal.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 4:36 PM, Faetta said:

Maybe a couple but I am 69. 

Wait, I missed this when you posted. You are 69 years old and do pull ups?! Woot. I am 54, and do pull ups, but most people my age think getting stronger is not possible. 

About 6 months ago I worked chin ups every day until I could do about 4. After injury I lost it again, and now I really want to get back into it. 

This might be a really good motivation because I know I wanna get some pull ups as well. Muscle up is a super long term goal but definitely something I want to train towards. Will see, might use all the amazing people here as a motivator. 

On 8/17/2019 at 11:05 AM, Elastigirl said:

Wait, I missed this when you posted. You are 69 years old and do pull ups?! Woot. I am 54, and do pull ups, but most people my age think getting stronger is not possible. 

Well I did 10 quick pullups this morning because I was mad at Instagram for blocking me, accusing me of buying likes. My most likes is 7. I would love to slap the little numb brains that have their robots picking on little old ladies. I may be a girl, age 69,, but I have biceps!  

• Like 3