Hello All!

I am new to the Rebellion and am hoping to learn and accomplish alot.

I seem to sabotage myself whenever I try to lose weight or exercise. And I'm hoping that the motivation of Nerd Fitness will help keep me motivated.

I enjoy walking and recently started running a bit, (a very small bit). I have signed up for a half marathon in January. Because I am doing it with a few friends and I have already committed to it, I am trying to prepare for it. I have done 5Ks and even a 7 mile event in the past few years, but this will be my first half marathon and I'm excited!

I have a question and I'm pretty sure this has happened to others. It's regarding dieting. I have lost some weight and want to lose more, but right now am just struggling to maintain the weight I have lost. My question is, how do I stop myself from compulsively eating and craving things when I set goals for myself? As I said, I lost some weight mainly by deciding I would try it and not set a pounds lost goal, just a time goal. But then I found out family was coming to visit and I wanted to lose more weight and suddenly I craved everything not good for me and couldn't seem to control it. Consciously I knew I didn't need it, but subconsciously I had to have it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It usually helps to stick to a diet 6 days a week, and eat whatever you want on one day. It's a lot better than sporadic periods of "eating clean", usually because people tend to think they're eating cleaner than they actually are. Try writing a food log. Eating a whole pizza is harder when you have to write it down and look at it for the next few weeks.

highlighting is an excellent idea!
i will say though, that for me, the battle is already lost if the food is in my house. the fights against cravings is won in the grocery store, when i pass the ice cream and fresh loaves of bread without picking any up. i dunno, i hope that helps!

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

Highlighting does sound good, but I'm afraid if I see food I shouldn't eat but love highlighted, I may want it. Mevre you are so right. If I can keep it out of the house, that's half the battle. Although I have been known to drive to the store just to buy a piece of cake. Believe it or not, this usually happens on the night Biggest Loser is on.