Hello, everyone!

I discovered this site about a week ago, bouncing from a link an American friend of mine posted on Facebook.
Lurked around, read posts, watched Steve’s tutorial on YT… “Damn, this seems too good to be true, where’s the scam? It has to be nearby…†(no offense intended: every nerd knows that the internet is a big source of scams and phishing attempts  ;)  ).
But after one-week check I can’t really find anything wrong here, and this is a really pleasant surprise!

So first thing first: I must congratulate to Steve himself, for putting up his efforts in giving birth to this site, and to you guys, for building up this enthusiastic community 

And, above all, thank you all for being nerds and rebels simultaneously: the “air†I breath in there is clean and full of potential and willpower. This is really good for my lungs  :peaceful:

Ok then, let me start the core part of this introductory post!

The just-past me

I’m Marco, from northern Italy, a 27 yo male who’s never been too concerned about his appearance no, let me correct myself: who never believed in his appearance or other physical qualities.
Except for the music. I have a pretty good hearing for rhythms and melodies  :tongue:

I tried out many sports, starting from judo, when I was a kid, then stepping to karate, jujutsu, aerobic class, heavy machine-oriented gyms, but except the first one no one has endured much in my daily routines... I guess this comes for my big lack: I still didn’t believe that my appearance could change significantly. Obviously any effort is too much if you don’t think you can obtain any result.  :neglected:

Now I have a full-time desk job as a Game Developer, which make me stand still the major part of the day, watching at a screen and thinking… And gaining weight  

After hitting the too-damn-high count of 86 Kilograms for my 1.75 meters (excuse me for using metric system, can’t really think in other ways :-P anyway, google tells me that they’re about 190 pounds for 5,74 feet height) I put myself been on a diet since the first of september, but I still couldn’t see a good trends in results, so my determination started to fade away, and exceptions started to leak in my food plan more and more often…

As today something has drastically changed, though, from a spark I never expected to come: my girlfriend said to me “I love you, and I wish you could love yourself tooâ€.
Something to barf a rainbow in her face, huh? Well, it actually is, let’s face it  :lol:  but it’s also something that managed to move something around both my guts and my brain.

The current me

I think that time for procrastination and indifference has ended, because for the first time in my life I damn want a flat stomach, and I know for sure it’s not going to appear automagically (not a typo  ;)  ) under my Christmas tree.
My work routine do not allow me to go to be productive in a gym, so I’m resolved to exercise myself autonomously (beginner bodyweight circuit, here I come), but this requires a lot of task-tracking skills, which I think I have, and motivation, which I’m pretty sure I have but I’m still a little afraid to trust  :unsure:

So here I am, signing in for the next 6-week challenge, the first step on something that I want to be a new path for my life to follow!

As a big fan of RPGs I couldn’t resist to build a character sheet, following the mechanics described in other posts ;-)
Feel free to take a look at the link in my signature for my main quest, motivation and first challenge goals, and let me know what you think about it: feedbacks are always welcome!  ^_^ 
Shortly I will also open the opportune thread on the 1st challenge section

[uPDATE]

1st challenge online

Again, thank you all, and… Hope to see you around for a long time  B)

PS: I apologize for the long text but, honestly, I really can't reduce myself to a little bunch of words... I need at least a medium bunch of phrases ;-)

PPS: no matter how much I try, I can’t persuade any browser into showing me the members map. Is anybody else from Veneto, here?

GaretJax - Level 1 Human

STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detailed character and challenge sheet