Countess D'If - Battle Log of Awesomeness!

starting my battle log! yeah!

I guess in the future I will be in the Druid Guild because I am a Yoga nerd. I will be participating in the upcoming November Challenge. 

Drawing on my response to the "Level-Up your life" question, by level 50 looks like this: I am a sucessful attorney, kicking ass and taking names. I have a house with a big picture window (very important, not superfucial at all). I run 5K every morning and I can do crow pose for at least 5 breath cycles. I am a size 10, again not in any way a superficial goal :-)

On the less superficial side, I want the small human who lives with me to see a happy, healthy mom and not make the bad life choices I made that got me here. 

On the superficial side agian, I wanna be HAWT! Well, I'm already a hot hot bitch, I just want my outside to match the kick-ass ass kicker on the inside. She's all buried by squishy and she's PISSED! She understands that in reality, this is not superficial at all, but self-esteem based.

My real goal is to be her again, because she is awesome.

My real goal is to somehow merge that lady with me.

My real goal is to remember that lady is me. 

To get here there are a million steps : keep running, keep practicing crow (that bitch hard!) and re-take the LSAT in June. Not happy with my previous score. 

So: Goals in Life -

1. Yoga Monday, Wednesday, Friday at noon. <3
  2. Run Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday after work, come rain or shine. But not the occasional blizzard we get here. 
  3. Keep up this log every weekday
  4. Prepare for the LSAT in June. 
  5. Stab the LSAT in the liver and eat its babies in front of it as it dies slowly and painfully. HATE this TEST!!!!!! It is the enemy and it must be slain! Red Wedding that bitch!
  6. No more sneaking out of work for fast food - if I find myself in my car heading that direction, divert to Jimmy John's.

That's the current outlook. I have one financial goal, need to get out of debt - but I think I have that handled. Eff you, Visa (cause it's totally Visa's fault)

FIT IN THE DRESS!!!! 

(before photos and photos of "The Dress" to come)

Due to a social obligation, I was not able to run on Friday *pouty face*

So I ran on Saturday because I am a rock star! Good run at about 20:00. I ran from the doctors' office to Winnie lane and back, PAST the mail box - which was a huge deal for me because that mailbox has turned into a wall for me, I used to use it as a stopping point and recently I CAN'T RUN PAST IT! It makes my brain stop. Srsly weird shit. So last night, since there were no cars, I crossed the street and ran around it. Bitch! So proud of me. Ran all the way to the Governor's Mansion. I know these landmarks don't really mean anything to people who might be reading this, but it was a big deal :-)

FIT IN THE DRESS!!!

Ok, here they are:

Spoiler

th_20131030_165102_zpse071ff58.jpgth_20131030_165123_zps2831c6a2.jpg

Please don't look at those, they are awful! HATE! Ugh! However, I will say that I've noticed my arms have gotten a bit smaller. . . YAY! Small victory!

THIS is "The Dress"

20131102_131601_zps32fdc358.jpg

SIze 14, Banana Republic, purchased 2005, last worn 2006

DSCN1489_zpsc1830095.jpg

Look at me, rockin that bitch!

While I was looking for that picture, I found this one:

DSC00932.jpg

I look slammin! 

FIT IN THE DRESS!!! (And the adventure pants!)

Ugh, first world problem of the day: figured out that I was eating waaaaaaay too few calories and decided to up it to 2000 per day. Problem is, I don't eat a whole lot of food every day. So I ate my nummy nummy youghert and after yoga I had a peanut butter sandwich and lo and behold! I've eaten 546 calories today. FML, I did a yoga class on less than 300 calories this morning. I'm an asshole.

So I ate a second peanut butter sammie. I need to get to whole foods and splurge on more of their oh-my-GAWD delicious multi grain bread. So much nom.

So yeah, I don't eat enough. Also, my jug of milk went off. And I forgot my walnuts at home.

*pouty face*

Mooooving right along, biked to work today, walked to yoga, did yoga, tried a crow pose, got both feet off the floor for negative .7 seconds. Yay!

FIT IN THE DRESS!!!

I finally went to a chiropractor. Holy bejezus I needed that! But it involved me being in may car and ALMOST pulling into McDonald's. Gak! But! I went to Jimmy John's instead because I am a fucking mazing.

Which brings me to my next First world problem: eating 2000 calories is MURDERING me!!!! Ugh! Even after a good breakfast and a sandwich and a coke, I need at least an 850 calorie supper tonight. Ugh. Typically I would not eat anything when I get home after work because I won't be hungry. Maybe I'll load up on milk and walnuts. This is actually quite frustrating for me.

Anyway, I will go for my run first thing after work, oh and get this - I can't go to yoga at lunch OR after work tomorrow so I have to go at fucking 05:30. Ugh! FML!!!!

EDIT: had to turn my run around about 50 feet early cause I HAD to pee!

I have to confess, I almost retconned this whole thread. But I decided not to because I am extremely lazy. 

I’m graduating from motherfucking LAW SCHOOL in 107 days. 

107 DAYS
Holy fucking shit, y’all!

I think what that realization, I’m ready to do. Not try. Do. 

I’m going to blog everyday between now and then. As a reminder to DO. Because right now I’m SUPER motivated. So maybe a daily check-in will KEEP me motivated. Cause y’all know me: I talk a good game.  

But I really DO feel different this time. 

Today I:
  • Didn’t eat fast food
  • Didn’t drink soda
  • Made supper at home
  • Made it to work on time (but got distracted and clocked in 10 minutes late)
  • Flossed
  • Even tried to work out a bit! (I got tired and stopped BUT I TRIED!)
Now ima homework and eat. 
  • Like 3

woot woot!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

106 days!

I was good today, I made my lunch last night which made it easier to have lunch today. Apparently, when my husband was here over the break he bought some cheese. I didn't know about that. So when I found it in the fridge last night, I was very excited. Nothing is better than bonus cheese!

I didn't eat any fast food and I didn't drink any soda today. I walked to School. I made it to work on time. I did eat an  unauthorized Jolly rancher, and an unauthorized mini Twix bar. But. . . Yeah who cares, I'm a eat freaking mini Twix bars, y'all. I made a very good decision - in light of my previous bad twix bar decision - when we went for coffee. I was going to get hot chocolate because it's very cold* here. But, to balance out my sugar decision, I got a hot tea instead. Because I am a grown up.

I'm probably not going to work out, because my class ended at 9:15. And seriously it's too late. I walked. I should get some credit.

I also took a unintentional nap in the student lounge today. Because, I mean, who hasn't seen a 3L asleep on a couch in public? That sounds totally classy to me.

* very cold = 55º

• Like 2

104 Days!

As predicted, I was good today, food-wise. I even tried some exercise. I did a lot of to-do things and I also got in a LOT of work that needed to get done yesterday that didn't get done yesterday because of a crisis done today because why not work on the weekend?

I need to floss, but I don't want to. I need to shower, but I don't want to. I need to do dishes, but I don't want to. 

• Like 2

Do the things. Do all the things!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

103 Days!

Worked today. Ugh. This month is going to absolutely suck because I need to work every single weekend to pay for the damn bar exam. That's annoying AF, y'all. Does anyone want to give me $1000? I'd appreciate that. 

After I get paid, I'm going to switch to a 100% keto diet. I've figured out a good work out schedule, I'll give that a go this week. I can't sleep and I also don't want to DO anything right now, so I'm going to have to be my best self tomorrow.

• Coffee & Oatmeal
  • books into bag
  • laptop & charger into other bag
  • shoes are in the car (Don't ask)
  • MAKE A PB&J Sandwich!
  • Shower
  • Leave at 07:00

I chatted to The Marine on the phone today. I hadn't talked to him for a while. I think he's avoiding me because he hasn't got a job yet and he's over drawn the bank account A LOT. Because he is just dumb about money.

Speaking of money. I just spent an epic fuck ton of it. I bought my bar prep class and I paid the application fee for the bar application. I need a shit ton of info from my mom's paperwork. That's annoying because she's not in the country right now.

I also have a mandatory ethics test coming up at the end of March. I also have to revise my capstone paper. And one of my classes (pre-trial litigation) AS IT TURNS OUT, is basically me running an entire lawsuit by myself. SO that's super awesome. 

The meds are really helping, though. I feel human. And (I think I mentioned) I'm having emotions again. Which at this very very second is a real bummer because I just watched Kesha's Grammy performance and oh my lord, I am really really sad right now. 

How do we deal with actual sadness, guys?
  • Like 2

102 Days!!!!!

I’m walking home from class right now. I cannot wait to get home. Never in my life, EVER, have I wanted to go to bed more. I couldn’t sleep last night, because of course I couldn’t. So when I woke up at six this morning I just stayed in bed until 6:45 this morning. Fortunately I wasn’t late, but I certainly wasn’t my best self. So I’m bloody exhausted.

I’m walking home right now, dictating this into my phone. I’m going to get home, get my jammies, take a sleeping pill, and go the hell to sleep. 

It’s been a long day, y’all. 

Oh, P.S. I was also good today. No soda, no fast food, walk to school instead of driving. I spent a little bit of time on my lunch break coming up with a keto menu,  and I’m a little bit annoyed: I want that now! But I literally just spent my last six dollars loading up my laundry card so I can also have clean laundry. Because that’s a thing I need,  as it turns out. 

I’ve also worked out a reasonable and non-overwhelming workout schedule. I will be starting that tomorrow. And then I get paid on Thursday so I can go to the grocery store and start that "Eating Well" thing probably next week. Because right now I have like, a loaf of wonder bread and peanut butter and jelly and some oatmeal and that’s when I’m going to have to live on for the next couple days. 

• Like 2

It’s tomorrow here. 

Get your mail. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

101 Days!!!

I still need to go get my mail. I’m also not going to the gym tonight because I got super super into a project at work this afternoon. Then I got a call from my sister. I’ve been trying to pay her money I owe her (BofA won’t let me put cash into her account, so I needed to get a money order and this has been such a stupid ordeal. You’re a fucking bank. Cash is like, your thing?). Sister said I could keep some money to pay for something SHE was supposed to pay for but keeps getting too swamped to handle. So now I have money for FOOD! Super exited that I get to eat tomorrow. I have enough food for tonight and the. I would have had to just eat broccoli tomorrow. That’s literally all I have in my fridge. Broccoli, oatmeal, ranch dressing, and pb&j. I mean, I guess I could make PB&J oatmeal and ranch broccoli, but after that, I’m out of food. I don’t even have any milk. 

So so instead of the gym, I’m going grocery shopping. 

I will I’ll be the first person to confess though, when my sister said I could have the money, my first thought was McDonalds. The last time I had fast food and/or soda was last Tuesday. I have a have been clean for one week

• Like 1

Ok, I got the mail. Still no power bill?

Then I went to UGH Walmart. I needed a new pair of ballet flats and Walmart has cheap ballet flats. I got in a 10 minute fight with the self-checkout that didn’t want to check me out. So the attendant checked me out. Which wholly defeats the purpose of the self check out???

I got everything I need to keto it up. Except for for tomorrow, I have a batch of prepared oatmeal that I’ll just have for lunch and breakfast tomorrow. THEN I’ll keto it up. I need to meal prep tomorrow after work/gym. That reminds me, I need to get a gym bag in the car. Good looking out for Future Countess, Present Countess! You’re a good friend!

Ciao ciao, gotta take the trash to the bin

• Like 3