Mother of 2 trying to get back in shape

Hello everyone, 

I am a mother of two who has been working on getting back to my pre-pregnancy body for about 6 years now. Before I got pregnant with my daughter I was a dancer. I spent 7 days a week doing ballet/clogging/jazz- you name it, and I ate when I was hungry but didn't eat when I wasn't, maintaining my toned trim body wasn't hard, and I took that for granted. When I got pregnant with my daughter I WAS NEVER NOT HUNGRY, so I ate, and ate and ate and gained 80 lbs. I lost some of the weight after she was born, but it was a constant struggle for me, because I had no idea what to do. When I got pregnant with my son I actually lost 40 lbs during my first trimester and gained an appropriate amount of weight, so I started working out using the Jillian Micheal's workout, I was exhausted and doing all of the workouts and starving myself throughout the day, having a Kellogg special K shake in the morning, a special K bar for lunch and two of their prepackaged snacks throughout the day, followed by a salad for dinner. I was miserable, and actually gaining weight instead of losing it, which sent me into an even bigger depression, and did not lose to any more weight loss. At 209 lbs, I was at the heaviest I had every been and I was miserable. Groupon was actually running a deal on a weight loss doctor in the area, so I used it. I went for the entire duration of the groupon deal about 2 months and, with the help of the prescription medication, lost about 30 lbs. The loss of the weight gave me the motivation I needed to keep on track and keep losing the weight. Last January some co-workers decided to run the marine corps marathon, when they asked me I said sure why not (even though I had never run before). I spent the next several months training for this marathon (running a lot), and weight lifting three days a week( I did a couple of different 12 week programs). I realized that I hate running with a burning fiery passion, but completed the training so that I would have a chance of completing the marathon. I did not complete the marathon, but did make it 15.53 miles before my low blood pressure decided that I would not complete the marathon, and even though I hate running, I hate not finishing this even more, so I am going to try again next year.  I actually found this website a while back while looking for running shoes, when I saw an article comparing the types of running shoes out there. I came back to this website after the marathon was over to find more information about the Paleo diet and the angry birds workout. My biggest struggle is not exercise it is eating.  I am so incredibly picky when it comes to food. Just as some examples:  I can't eat applies unless they are crunchy. I spinach, but only if its raw and I have to take off the stem. I love blueberries, but only if I hand pick them from the tree in my back yard. I can't eat bananas because they are too mushy. It just get's worse at this point, so I will just leave it at picky. That is pretty much where I'm at and some of my struggles. Where I want to go is to get back in the best shape I can be in, and maintain it, complete a pull up,  and FINISH the marine corps marathon next October.  

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.- Patton

A pint of sweat saves a gallon of blood- Patton

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.- Patton

Same here. One of the pickiest eaters ever, though sometimes it works to my advantage. Never had a burger in my life, so fast food really isn't an option once I forget that chicken nuggets exist. One thing about me though is I never tire of the foods that I like. (I ate peanut butter on toast, and tuna with rice every day for 5 years.) What are the foods that you love to eat?

Honestly I love tuna and rice, but the problem is that I only like the Tuna from island trollers tuna if I get it in a can, which is most convenient, but expensive. I love broccoli, but it is expensive and goes bad really quickly. I like chicken, and I love pizza. I also like Spinach and salads, but the only dressing I like is ranch, and the full fat ranch none of that "low fat" stuff. I love turkey sandwich's, but only the Turkey from Trader Joe's, and only potato bread.

I know what you mean about fast food. I tend not to eat there very often because I dislike everything there. I did actually recently start eating hamburgers again, but I have to have them a very specific way, so I tend not to eat it that often, except I do love chick-fi-la, and McDonald's fries.  

My biggest pitfall is sweets and chocolate. I love pretty much all kinds of them, and honestly it is easier for me sometimes to have a little baggies of M&M's than to get something healthy/ something I like. 

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.- Patton

A pint of sweat saves a gallon of blood- Patton

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.- Patton