• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kishi

The Courtyard (Monks General Chat Thread)

A place for us to share announcements, share general thoughts, and, if necessary, throw down with the fitness. :D

• Like 1

Just posted my goals for this round. I have been a monk "all my like" (since I was 11, at least), but never hanged out with the monks here. I want to become an assassin some day, but for now I need to "go back home", regroup and find my balance again before starting a new quest. But also the way home has its perils and with time many things have changed...

Anyway, nice to be back

Hello All,  I'm probably hanging with you this challenge.

Welcome!

Just posted my goals for this round. I have been a monk "all my like" (since I was 11, at least), but never hanged out with the monks here. I want to become an assassin some day, but for now I need to "go back home", regroup and find my balance again before starting a new quest. But also the way home has its perils and with time many things have changed...

Anyway, nice to be back

I need to check my glasses. For a second I misread the word "perils".

Anyway, I'm glad that you feel can regroup a find balance among the Monks. Welcome! 

Welcome!

Anyway, I'm glad that you feel can regroup a find balance among the Monks. Welcome! 

Hahaha. Perils.

Welcome Teirin and Tkal! :D

I am a innocent soul, no idea how you could have misread it...

• Like 1

Ah, I was wondering where you'd gone. Well, hey, have fun over there. The way things are going here, I'll probably have time to drop by and obnoxiously root for you. :D

I can't wait! I'm dying to show off the new mini-challenge stuff!

*Eyes you suspiciously*  You're going to be evil, aren't you?  Bring it on!

Ah, I was wondering where you'd gone. Well, hey, have fun over there. The way things are going here, I'll probably have time to drop by and obnoxiously root for you. :D

oh don't worry I'm a Monk at heart. Seeing as my goals are going to be finding my path (aka art) and meditating I figured it matched the druids more.

oh don't worry I'm a Monk at heart. Seeing as my goals are going to be finding my path (aka art) and meditating I figured it matched the druids more.

Not worried at all, man. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Hello, Monks. I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Darin and I have 25 years of Tai Chi, 5 years of karate, 1 year of judo, and about 6 months of Iaido (on and off). My current monkish 6 week challenge is to re-learn all 8 Iaido kata by practicing in the morning. I am also experienced with meditation. I practiced for many years in and out of monasteries. I am also a runner and my running challenge is to get 30 miles a week in. Thats actually pretty easy for me. It is the kata that will present a problem. I have very little room in my place so I will embrace my inner nerd and pretend I am training to be an Agent of Shield under the direction of my supervising officer, Melinda Mays. I was supposed to be in bed already, but my printer is printing and I can't leave it.