Gather around the fire in the Druid forest.

I am Eve

Welcome you of the beautiful name. This is a great place to regroup !

Thanks for the welcome! You guys have been super friendly so far -- I really appreciate it.  In gratitude, I will contribute some transcendental marshmallows for roasting over the fire.

• Like 1

Level 4 City Elf Scout

STR: 6 |  DEX: 5  |  STA: 9  |  CON: 8  |  WIS: 6  |  CHA: 6

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Hello all, glad to be here...

Just out of curiosity: are there any specific online (free) resources for meditation in general?

check out doyogawithme.com - they had pretty awesome meditation mp3's to play for free from they webpage

btw. awesome avatar of Mei :) good anime with rather hardcore ending :D

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Happy to, I want to hear everyone else's as well!

I've always been very outdoorsy and connected with nature, raised around animals, you name it. I also have always been interested in Eastern philosophy and wellness, and picked up yoga about two years ago.

I'm a huge gaming and comic book fan, and I cosplay as a hobby and part time profession.

Other than that, I'm really not sure what to say.. health has always been important to me, and I try to eat and live a very balanced life.

My own thread is here, so I don't clog up here with any more details!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/40134-roninmoros-first-talkative-challenge/

I think and hope you'll feel very at home here  :nevreness:

I have chosen to believe in myself.

check out doyogawithme.com - they had pretty awesome meditation mp3's to play for free from they webpage

btw. awesome avatar of Mei :) good anime with rather hardcore ending :D

Thank you for the link.

The anime was pretty awesome, to the point where I put it in my top 10 favorite anime.

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,

Thank you for the link.

The anime was pretty awesome, to the point where I put it in my top 10 favorite anime.

I can't stop but wonder what is no. 1 on that list? I'm not some big anime fun but I really like short tv serials (like 10-30 episodes total) and anime shows are often in that range. So once in a while I try finding smth for myself. For example - I just watched 1st episode of Hellsing OVA - Alucard is a badass and I'm sure I'm gonna watch it all :D

Hey druids new and old! Happy to be finishing out the year with you all! :)

Hey there groovy lass/lad :)

It's good to be back for another challenge.  Time for some meditation by the fire...

I just imagined it - and that would be hell of a original experience to do group meditation by the fire somewhere in the woods :D

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Yeah, winter, the season for open fire and candles!

My family and me are regularly ignite a fire on the late evening of the 21st of December each year, celebrating the wintersolstice. Not in the woods (forbidden in our country) but in our garden. We have some beer, mead and traditionally we have a jul-pig for dinner, which is essentially a ham, cooked with special herbs and berries. We think about funny and sad things happened the bygone year and possibly commemorate people, who have left us.

May be, some of you want to join us transcendentally and also ignite a fire at your place on that date?

Viking  Warrior Level 5

STR: 7.5 | DEX: 11 | STA: 12 | CON: 12 | WIS: 12 | CHA: 9

There is always a fire burning on the Solstice and the Equinox at our house.  Much like yourselves, we celebrate the past and look to the future.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I can't stop but wonder what is no. 1 on that list? I'm not some big anime fun but I really like short tv serials (like 10-30 episodes total) and anime shows are often in that range. So once in a while I try finding smth for myself. For example - I just watched 1st episode of Hellsing OVA - Alucard is a badass and I'm sure I'm gonna watch it all :D

No. 1 would probably have to be Mirai Nikki. The anime was amazing, the characters were very well done, and the story was awesome.

It actually took me a few minutes to think of what No. 1 on my Top 10 list was.

Hellsing Ultimate is definitely worthwhile to watch, and, yes, Alucard definitely is the Ultimate Badass.

Right now, I'm starting Higurashi: When They Cry, which is a series of 2 series plus a few OVA series, so I should have my hands full for the next few weeks...

What other anime have you watched?

All the world's a stage,

not only for the JCVD fans:

it has blown my mind :)

I just had to share it with someone :)

No. 1 would probably have to be Mirai Nikki. The anime was amazing, the characters were very well done, and the story was awesome.

It actually took me a few minutes to think of what No. 1 on my Top 10 list was.

Hellsing Ultimate is definitely worthwhile to watch, and, yes, Alucard definitely is the Ultimate Badass.

Right now, I'm starting Higurashi: When They Cry, which is a series of 2 series plus a few OVA series, so I should have my hands full for the next few weeks...

What other anime have you watched?

Besides Hellsing I've watched Ergo Proxy and Afro Samurai. Ergo was good but I didn't get it completely :) and Afro was awesome but only the mi

ni-series not the tv movie. I also tried The Gunslinger Girl but after few episodes I let it go cause it was too much talking and not enough action for my taste.

And last but not least - when I was younger - I was watching like crazy Captain Tsubasa, Dragon Ball, Yattaman, Giggi La Trottola and Tiger Mask - aaaahh... good old days :)

this Higurashi loooks like lots of episodes :D

6cc6f0bb42c11ee4fa1e7f3c8fd1bc22.jpg?132

crap, now that my challenge is smooth and running I've got sick :( that's a nasty cold :/

will do my best to keep all my goals inline tough... don't want that cold ruin my shinny habits :)

hope you all had a great 1st week fellow nf druids

Very mind-blowing…...

So- fellow Druids, one week has passed and our numbers are increasing. Reflect over your progress so far, and do not forget to come to the fire for warmth, encouragement, inspiration and wisdom.

Keeping my head above the water so far! I'm not doing as well as I'd like to, of course, but I think I'm generally succeeding :)

As for progress, I think I can see/feel a few things improving (back/posture, and focus to a certain extent), but it's hard to quantify. I'm not expecting to be completely changed within 6 weeks though--I just want improvement. Baby steps!

I don't know if this makes any sense, but setting goals isn't my best motivtion tool. I feel just as good having done the daily tasks as I do hitting final goals (and daily tasks are so much more immediate haha!) I'll still set goals, but I won't be completely dejected if I don't make it. Through experience I've found that if I aim high, set a goal that high, and don't achieve it then I tend to fall a lot harder. I'm happy as long as I can see some improvements from week to week.

Tonight I NEED to do Yoga, tough. It's the one I've been slacking on the most. I told myself "I'll just do it whenever" but...now I find that it might be better if I designate some days where I HAVE to do it.

Hope everyone else is doing great!

crap, now that my challenge is smooth and running I've got sick :( that's a nasty cold :/

will do my best to keep all my goals inline tough... don't want that cold ruin my shinny habits :)

hope you all had a great 1st week fellow nf druids

Oh no, Murphy's Law, right? I really hope you feel better soon- make sure you take vitamins and drink enough water! /denmother

www.facebook.com/leahroseaz
Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/40135-roninmoro-starts-talking/
Level 2 Half-elf Druid/Scout
Dabbles in Monk and Assassin
:panda:
Always traveling!

Very mind-blowing…...

So- fellow Druids, one week has passed and our numbers are increasing. Reflect over your progress so far, and do not forget to come to the fire for warmth, encouragement, inspiration and wisdom.

I'm not having the best start to my challenge.

I'm visiting home and my parents now, and it's not the most positive environment. It's very hard for me to focus, think positive, and have time to do much to myself while I'm here. I'm doing the best I can, and know that as soon as I get back to my normal routine and home (really, anywhere else but as home in HI is my next stop...) it will go so much better.

www.facebook.com/leahroseaz
Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/40135-roninmoro-starts-talking/
Level 2 Half-elf Druid/Scout
Dabbles in Monk and Assassin
:panda:
Always traveling!

Hi fellow Druids!

Made the first week quite well, but had to change or even quit some planned exercises due to elbow injury. Got a little discouraged about this. But now, after some adaptations, I think I'm back in the track.

Managed to do my morning Baduanjin/TaiChi routine regularily. Also went running/hiking like planned.

On Sunday I had to cheat a bit about my NO-sweets goal. But who has the heart to say no, when mom brings one of her cakes for visit? :)

Looking forward to some side quest / mini quests to come.

May the Tao be with you all!

All the best

M.

Viking  Warrior Level 5

STR: 7.5 | DEX: 11 | STA: 12 | CON: 12 | WIS: 12 | CHA: 9

It's hard for me to have ultimatum goals, like ni sweets. I find it easier to stick to less sweets instead

Not all ultimatum goals are easy, or even reachable in one challenge. I think it's the fact that there is an "Ultimatum" that makes Ultimatum type goals possible to reach.

Again, not all types of goals are for everybody...

Personally, I find ultimatum type goals to depend on the specific goal.

All the world's a stage,

It's hard for me to have ultimatum goals, like ni sweets. I find it easier to stick to less sweets instead

See, I'm the opposite.  Give me a "no sweets" goal and I can stick to my guns. Give me the leeway to have "some" and to decide how much is "less," and I'll have a really hard time cutting back. 

Again, not all types of goals are for everybody...

I think that's exactly right.  The key is to figure out what works best for you, and then leverage that.

Level 4 City Elf Scout

...and also, hanging in there!  I started the challenge off fairly strong, and week 2 is panning out pretty good so far despite a slew of social obligations that threaten to throw off my groove.  I'm nursing a foot injury that I hoped would be better by now -- instead, I'm learning a to be patient, and that it's okay to scale back and do what my body needs me to do to recover.  That's harder than I expected it to be!

Level 4 City Elf Scout

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines