Blaidd's final KISS for the year (2013.7)

Geez, so much has happened already!

1. Yay for a swimming challenge! That is still one thing I have yet to master. I know it is supposed to be really good for you - more power to you!! :)

2. SUPER glad you figured out what caused your syncope episode. Adding a bit of salt shouldn't be hard at all.

3. Sorry about the Jay drama. I am glad he wasn't injured though.

4. SIX WEEEEEKS!! I know you are going to have an AWESOME time on your trip! Jealous of your awaiting adventure!!

Get it, Blaidd!! \o/

Sorry to hear about Jay's misadventures and how they affected you. Sounds like the problem is getting pretty serious--but then you already know that.

Hope next week goes better for you! And I agree--swimming sounds awesome. I haven't been swimming in years, despite living by the ocean. It's too c-c-cold to swim here! I used to love to scuba dive, too, when I lived in Alaska, but I don't have gear anymore.

Really looking forward to W30! Monday will be Day 1 for me.

Calling a cop a retard is not a great move whichever country you're in, let's hope getting arrested is a wake up call. Definitely don't want to be repeating that episode and I'd imagine you could "accidentally fall into a door" while you were in custody if you pushed that abuse too far. Anyway glad he's ok, very lucky he's got an understanding girlfriend.

Biltong FTW! I'm nearly through all mine, must order another batch.  If you want high potassium and low other stuff I've recently discovered coconut water does the job and is excellent for rehydration, for my taste the real ones are better than the cartons. I guess that's true for just about all food though!

Saltwater crab has plenty of sodium and good old bacon is high in sodium too and you can't beat a bit of bacon :)

Glad to see that he keeps your life interesting, huh?

i just wish it wasn't that kinda interesting.  I'd certainly like a little more boring, lol ;)

Geez, so much has happened already!

1. Yay for a swimming challenge! That is still one thing I have yet to master. I know it is supposed to be really good for you - more power to you!! :)

2. SUPER glad you figured out what caused your syncope episode. Adding a bit of salt shouldn't be hard at all.

3. Sorry about the Jay drama. I am glad he wasn't injured though.

4. SIX WEEEEEKS!! I know you are going to have an AWESOME time on your trip! Jealous of your awaiting adventure!!

Get it, Blaidd!! \o/

I'm so excited, this challenge is all about having some fun and enjoying the end of the year (while kicking butt). 

Sorry to hear about Jay's misadventures and how they affected you. Sounds like the problem is getting pretty serious--but then you already know that.

Hope next week goes better for you! And I agree--swimming sounds awesome. I haven't been swimming in years, despite living by the ocean. It's too c-c-cold to swim here! I used to love to scuba dive, too, when I lived in Alaska, but I don't have gear anymore.

Really looking forward to W30! Monday will be Day 1 for me.

Yeah, jay needs to get himself in gear - i've just written it off, i'm not taking responsibility for his actions. I just need to keep my cool, that's all.

I can't wait to swim again on Tuesday. My last portuguese class is tonight, so i can get onto the swimming after that.

Posting to sub!  I am still here, will catch up on your thread and all its awesomeness.   :)  That low-sodium slump you had sounds no fun at all; I am glad you are feeling better!  Huzzah for roasted salty nuts!  

Hi Sambie.  We're going to rock this challenge.  Thanks for stopping by :)

Hopefully the actually challenge goes better then pre challenge! :)

Here's hoping :)

Calling a cop a retard is not a great move whichever country you're in, let's hope getting arrested is a wake up call. Definitely don't want to be repeating that episode and I'd imagine you could "accidentally fall into a door" while you were in custody if you pushed that abuse too far. Anyway glad he's ok, very lucky he's got an understanding girlfriend.

Biltong FTW! I'm nearly through all mine, must order another batch.  If you want high potassium and low other stuff I've recently discovered coconut water does the job and is excellent for rehydration, for my taste the real ones are better than the cartons. I guess that's true for just about all food though!

Saltwater crab has plenty of sodium and good old bacon is high in sodium too and you can't beat a bit of bacon :)

Yeah, what an idiot - i certainly didn't feel as  bad for him as i would normally.  He just needs some growing up yeah?!

mmm saltwater crab - gotta find me some.

I hope you're doing alright despite all that drama Blaidd. I'm still here if you need me!!! :)

i'm doing great thanks, LW.  I totally appreciate that you're there when i need you :)

final prechallenge update.  I went shopping on saturday - to have a bikini fitting - and had a great time shopping in the mainstream stores and finding clothes that fit :) Such fun.  Then yesterday jay's bestie and i competed in a 10km walk which was tons of fun.  If only this weekend's steps counted for the challenge - i got something like 35k steps in, just on the weekend.

Anyway so despite the bumpy start to my weekend, it was a good one.

final prechallenge update.  I went shopping on saturday - to have a bikini fitting - and had a great time shopping in the mainstream stores and finding clothes that fit :) Such fun.  Then yesterday jay's bestie and i competed in a 10km walk which was tons of fun.  If only this weekend's steps counted for the challenge - i got something like 35k steps in, just on the weekend.

Anyway so despite the bumpy start to my weekend, it was a good one.

wow well done! sounds like a very eventfull weekend, you must be glad its back to work so you can relax :P

You have clearly done all you can for Jay. I hope he figures his s**t out before he ends up in real trouble.

At my gym they have a poster up for all the members to write why they work out. I think I'm going to put "So I can buy clothes at any store I walk into without being restricted to one rack of Big/Tall clothes." That's so awesome that you are seeing the results of your hard work in such a tangible way! 

I've decided that we're not going to try to get to the gym, but we're going to add any workout that lasts longer than 30min and has me drenched in sweat afterwards (except, swimming 500m or more counts).

I really like this bit especially.  I'm considering already tweaking mine to that I can weight life, bike, or DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) on my workout days....  because sometimes, I can't bare leaving the apartment.  moreover, I really enjoy DDR.

Brava, Blaidd! Good shopping, good walk, good weekend--well done!

wow well done! sounds like a very eventfull weekend, you must be glad its back to work so you can relax :tongue:

hehehehe, i'm very glad the weekend is over, but it was very relaxing at the same time.  I always find weekends that are busy relaxing.

Just one million hugs for you.

And did you find a bikini?

thanks for the hugs.

I did find one.  A cute little black one.  I find plenty of bikinis where the bottoms fit, but never the tops - i'm just too big in that area.  But i like mixing and matching so it works for me.

You have clearly done all you can for Jay. I hope he figures his s**t out before he ends up in real trouble.

At my gym they have a poster up for all the members to write why they work out. I think I'm going to put "So I can buy clothes at any store I walk into without being restricted to one rack of Big/Tall clothes." That's so awesome that you are seeing the results of your hard work in such a tangible way! 

yeah i'm done helping now, there's literally nothing else left for me.

Yeah it's so liberating not having to only shop in the large and preggie sections.  There's just more variety and selection and colours!!

Oh this challenge is going to rock for you! With motivation like your trip to Brazil I don't see how it wouldn't be amazing. 

I'm glad you had fun shopping!

brazil is so close - exactly 6 weeks - nerves a jingling, butterflies a flying, tralalalallalalala

Hey, you're just greasing the groove with steps as opposed to other exercises. Good on ya. That'll serve you well in getting your challenge off to a strong start.

If i manage to get 10k steps in a day it means i've obviously done something that counts as an exercise - i walk an average of 3500 steps a day without exercise. And i really need to get my walking down too - especially because it's a month of sight seeing and walking, so need to be prepped :)

I will get into the gym thing.  Jay recommended that i switch it up and instead of pushing myself to go in the mornings, i just alternate between swimming and gym in the afternoons.  I certainly think i can do that.

I really like this bit especially.  I'm considering already tweaking mine to that I can weight life, bike, or DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) on my workout days....  because sometimes, I can't bare leaving the apartment.  moreover, I really enjoy DDR.

Why on earth not - if your heart rate is going up and your muscles are working then it's exercising!  And from what i hear DDR is quite an intense workout.

All caught up, and subbed. Glad to hear you got the sodiom challenge worked out!

hello you.  Glad to see you're back.  Will go and find your thread in a second :)

Day 1: It wasn't a bad day.  I was super busy at work and i didn't have much of an appetite, so basically only had a few watermelon slices at about lunch time. When i got home jay decided we were going to dinner at our favourite restaurant and we had a really nice dinner.  He had his usual calzone and i had the most amazing smoked chicken salad.  It had all the ingredients i have in my calzone normally with extra salady things.  I wasn't even jealous of jay's calzone. It was also super filling.  I totally love summer and the fruits available here - strawberries, peaches, apricots, nectarines, watermelon, grapes, kiwi's, etc

I also had DOMS.  In my ass. From yesterday's 10k.  Definitely not what i expected - my legs i thought might be stiff, but not my ass. Also i had the most amazing night's sleep.  For a light sleeper, i didn't even wake up when jay came into the room, switched on the light and looked for some clothes.  He thought i was dead cos i didn't even move, but apparently i moaned a little when he touched me to check.  LOL.  I didn't realise i was that tired :)

Q1: 4048 steps

Q2: no exercise that counts

Q3: Lunch - watermelon, Supper - smoked chicken salad (with avo, bacon, tomato, cucumber, rocket, peppers drizzled with olive oil).

SQ:  Haven't read a tutorial yet

• Like 1

wow well done on not being tempted by the calzone! pizza and pasta are my major weakneses lol, i dont think i would be happy eating a salad while Jess eats a calzone hehehe luckily he is very strict when he is on a diet so he is normally the one ordering a salad :P

Woot, way to go AB!  Resisting calzone goodness (or in most our cases, evilness) is a big win in my book!!  Plus that salad sounds good....I'm so jealous of you southern hemi folks right now, I want summer harvest fruits and veggies  :sorrow: 

Ass DOMs are the worst in my book.  My wife has a good laugh at me when ever I try to up my deep squats, which usually end up giving me ass DOMs so bad that it's uncomfortable to sit.  Maybe try a little light stretching at the end of the day to help with the DOMs?

Sorry it has takin' me so long to catch up.....but I am routing for you and can't wait to see you beat down another challenge!!