[November 5th - December 31st] Handstands PvP

This will be a reversed New Years Resolution. Instead of dreaming on New Years Eve about what we want to achieve next year let's achieve one awesome thing by New Years Eve: the ability to handstand (better).

Goal: Improve your handstand

Mode: Open for everyone.

How to take part in the PvP / Grading: Work on your handstand ability everday for 5 minutes (including rests). Since this is mostly a skill and adjustment thing, everyday practice is possible (and recommendable) here.The Grading will be on consistency, every day of handstand practice  will be worth 1 point.  Winner will be the one with most points, obviously...

You can report you progress here (thanks to Hatter).

How to join: Post a description of your current ability in the thread now (and at least one other on December 31st or thereabout quoting you first post with the count of your workout days and a description of your handstand ability by then) and I'll add you to the list of participants.

List of Participants:

-Waldgeist

-Mad Hatter

-Abtacha

-Elastigirl

-Batwoman

-Melyssa

-Mdowning

-Cavilie

-iatetheyeti

-badwolf1138

-Windcatcher

-Harika

-18ck

-Mathieu *Gamer unleashed*

-Gneiss Assassin

-quietmuse

-Lindsey_M

-MaxCurtis

-MyLittlePony

-klaymates

-Zebarah

-Paradigm

-BlackWidowEowyn

-Haevyn

-QuirkyDM

-Ignis Fatuus

-

the artist usually known as WALDGEIST

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

Star Wars: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #5B, #6, #6B, #10, #11, #16, #17, (Current Callenge)

TeenWolf: #7

SHIELD: #8, #12, #13, #14, #15

Magicians: #9

"It's never too late, to become what you could've been!"

Current ability: I'm able to hold a handstand planche with my hands about 105 cm away from the wall, which is a little longer than my legs.

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

Star Wars: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #5B, #6, #6B, #10, #11, #16, #17, (Current Callenge)

When do we start? Right away?

I can hold 35 seconds with my face to the wall and my hands about 50cm away from the wall. Five times in a row with about 30-40 seconds of rest in between.

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

Thinking about it. Can you clarify what you mean by 5 minutes? Does that have to be 5 minutes upside down time or does that time include rests? Because I don't think I can make it to 5 min. of upside down time.  And not sure exactly how to count the rest time, since I plan on doing it more GTG style. Maybe a minimum  of 5 handstands a day?

I can hold a handstand on the wall for about 15 -20 seconds. I am also going to work on kicking up into handstands 1-2 times a week. 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

When do we start? Right away?

No time like the present. ;)

Thinking about it. Can you clarify what you mean by 5 minutes? Does that have to be 5 minutes upside down time or does that time include rests? Because I don't think I can make it to 5 min. of upside down time.  And not sure exactly how to count the rest time, since I plan on doing it more GTG style. Maybe a minimum  of 5 handstands a day?

Take a stopwatch, set it for 5 minutes, do handstands (or something in a progression towards it) then rest, handstand again and rest, repeat until the 5 minutes are over. Technicaly the 5 minutes don't have to be consecutive.

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

No time like the present. ;)

Take a stopwatch, set it for 5 minutes, do handstands (or something in a progression towards it) then rest, handstand again and rest, repeat until the 5 minutes are over. Technicaly the 5 minutes don't have to be consecutive.

Thnks,Sounds fun.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I'll give it a shot. Do we start earning points now? Or is there a start date where we begin earning them?

Nov 5th is the first day that counts, a day into the future from my point, when I posted. To make it more fair to people living closer to the start side of the date line, I thought.

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

Do we report here or should we set up a google docs spreadsheet?

Would be a good idea, just have no idea of how to do that...

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

I want in!

Right now I can do freestanding for about 1-2 sec, and I work on those a lot. I'll time my wall later tonight.

I spent about 20 minutes doing handstand stuff yesterday.

Cavilie - Level 4 Assassin

Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4

Handstand PVP

7 WIS|2 STA|4.25 CHA|7.75 DEX|1 CON|3.75 STR

"If you can’t take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It’s not safe out here. It’s wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it’s not for the timid."

Q, Star Trek: The Next Generation ('Q Who?')

Count me in!

My current ability is at about zero. The only kind of free-standing handstand I can do is the kind where you overkick and go over completely... Haven't tried a wall stand yet, so I can't say much there yet. Heh, complete beginner, in other words.

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Count me in to...gets me where I want to be anyways...The handstand push up

I can currently hold a wall plank with my hands about 4 inches from the wall for a minute

• Lvl 2 Human Vigilante (Ranger/Assassin Hybrid)

Current Attributes: Strength (STR)- 2 Dexterity (DEX) - 3 Stamina (STA) -3 Constitution (CON) -2 Wisdom (WIS) -3 Charisma (CHA) -2

Current Challenge:http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60461-the-arrow-back-from-the-dead/

Quote: Your Mind quits before Your Body ever will

I would like to try this.  It would go great with what I'm planning on doing for my next challenge.  

Current ability:  I haven't tried doing hand stands in over 10 years.  Used to hold for about 5 seconds before falling over without a wall.  No idea with one.  Never was good at them but I would like to be :D

I'll have to test myself thoroughly tomorrow outside. (I'd do it now but it's 9:30pm and my ceiling is too low in my room to do one without my feet going through the ceiling)

L2 Human Assassin

Con 3/Str 2/Wis 2/Dex 4/Int 2/Cha 1

Current Challenge: 

PVP Challenge: 1

Past Challenges: 1

I think the doc is not open for editing. 

I am signing up!

As of starting this challenge I can kick up to a wall-handstand successfully approximately 60-80% of the time and during the previous challenge could hold without the wall briefly before hitting it, hold for about thirty seconds, and not quite remain balanced after bending my knees and slowly curling toward a crow or forward-bend pose. I have never, ever, tried facing the door/wall while upsidedown, I started at the kick up part and would refer to the older NF blog post about handstands if I were to study either. I am considering trying it just to practice handstand-to-bridge/backbend.

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Ooh! Hello, can I play? Sorry, I'm a bit late since it seems to have started 5 months ago on 11/6/2013 according to the spreadie. Curent level - nuffink. I can do a bit of a headstand and a bit of a crow pose which should help but that's about it and I'll be basically starting from scratch.

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Amen to that!

+1

(and I know really)

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.