[November 5th - December 31st] Handstands PvP

I took a video of my handstand practice today. It's rather long but there are some pretty good ones on there (if I may say so myself)

Thanks :) This was helpfull since it will help me unserstand how I can practice to get off the wall:) (started to try today and already I saw a lot of things I can do better with your help)

Mathieu *Gamer Unleashed*,
Level 4 Hobit scout
STR 8|DEX 5|STA 7|CON 6|WIS 7|CHA 4

I started practicing freestanding in my house - pretty lame. I landed most of them in bridge on my couch - I really need to work on the pirouette bail or something. Tomorrow. With my hubby spotting. 

I filmed it all, and my form was BAD. I know I have pretty good form on the wall, and alright form at gymnastics - I think it was fear. More to work on.

I did get a couple of ~2 sec holds...  Bleh. Not my best.  But practicing freestanding at home is a big step because I am very scared of my hardwood floors!

Cavilie - Level 4 Assassin

Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4

Handstand PVP

7 WIS|2 STA|4.25 CHA|7.75 DEX|1 CON|3.75 STR

"If you can’t take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It’s not safe out here. It’s wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it’s not for the timid."

Q, Star Trek: The Next Generation ('Q Who?')

Gymnastics floor handstands and hardwood floor handstands are pretty different. I would not be discouraged.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

what an inspiring forum! I'm so glad I found out where all the handstand peeps are at finally.

I've been working handstands pretty much every day for maybe a month now, I hope it's not too late to join you guys until December 31st?

My starting point (nov 4) at the beginning of when this challenge started, I was pretty close to the wall and pretty heavily reliant on it for over shooting or for over compensating. But yesterday (Nov 22) I was pretty self sufficient. still not rock solid yet and I lost balance and often don't make it up each time, I think it's at about 10-12 seconds now? hopefully longer by the time this challenge is done.

For anyone looking for a better way of timing the handstand, set up a timer or a stop watch on your phone and look at it when you get your handstand remember that number, then focus on the handstand until you lose balance. then look at the number again and you'll know!

Quest: Run, aerial silks, handbalancing, and Roue Cyr

Life Goal: Professional cirque performer (secret identity) and Data engineer

Welcome DinoBytes!

You did improve quite a bit in between those videos. The first one has an interesting ankle, I'm going to take one like that just to see what it looks like.

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

Thank you!,

I like your video as well. You had some great holds.

And, well, the first one was taken in a room with a lot of furniture and not enough wall space so that's why it's such a weird angle. I'm glad you like it though maybe unintentionally artsy?

Keep practicing!

Quest: Run, aerial silks, handbalancing, and Roue Cyr

Life Goal: Professional cirque performer (secret identity) and Data engineer

I actually managed to breifly find the balance point before my feet hit the wall. I couldn't hold it for any significant amount of time, but still, progress is progress.

Better Living through Reckless* Experimentation

*But well documented

Words not needed.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32537-1355769144-2.

Handstand PVP

"If you can’t take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It’s not safe out here. It’s wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it’s not for the timid."

Words not needed.

Posted Image

Whoo!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Handstand report from my challenge thread:

2) Handstand. No picture as not much has changed. I've been opening my shoulders as suggested by Mad Hatter on the PVP forum, and I'm pushing off the wall to hold a stand. I can do 3-4 seconds at a time. When I get it to something a little higher, I'll start practicing kick ups. There's still 4 weeks to go, so I can afford to spend more time with fundamentals. Yesterday was the first day I didn't practice though. With my toe, I couldn't even hand walk up the wall and I was pretty worried about landing on it from a pirouette bail, too. My upper back has been tired the last few days, so it might not be a horrible thing to let it recover. I'll hopefully get back in to it today.

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

Can we make that puppy our mascot?

• Like 1

Better Living through Reckless* Experimentation

*But well documented

Handstand report from my challenge thread:

2) Handstand. No picture as not much has changed. I've been opening my shoulders as suggested by Mad Hatter on the PVP forum, and I'm pushing off the wall to hold a stand. I can do 3-4 seconds at a time. When I get it to something a little higher, I'll start practicing kick ups. There's still 4 weeks to go, so I can afford to spend more time with fundamentals. Yesterday was the first day I didn't practice though. With my toe, I couldn't even hand walk up the wall and I was pretty worried about landing on it from a pirouette bail, too. My upper back has been tired the last few days, so it might not be a horrible thing to let it recover. I'll hopefully get back in to it today.

Hope your toe heals quickly. Checked out your challenge thread, it made made laugh. Hard days as side kick to Frogman :) 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Walked up the wall into a 52 second wall hold!  _Kicked_ up into a 20-30 second wall handstand!  Progress...

Working on bettering my alignment rather than the arched-back hold.  Arched back feels harder but more stable.  (that made sense to me.)

At some point, should probably take some form check pictures/video.

+1 :-)

quietmuse, level 4 fledgling assassin

STR 9 | DEX 7.5 | STA 10.5 | CON 5 | WIS 4 | CHA 4

My Blog

Challenge 4 | 3 |2 | 1

(archived)

Handstand PvP

Quietmuse, videos and pictures help a lot. even more than someone giving you pointers. You may think you're doing it a certain way but you're not.

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

Yay for EVERYBODY! :D

do ALL the handstands :)

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

+2

Handstand PVP

Did my handstands today, but it was pretty much just a check the box kind of thing. My shoulders were pretty much toast after my workout. Not sore, but not strong So some ended up as wall planks and some were just short-none were amazing.   

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

You can't be amazing all the time, Elastigirl! You have to have a normal day in between or your amazing will be your normal.

True.  :) And today was better.