[November 5th - December 31st] Handstands PvP

Of course you can play! :D And nope the challenge just started, I just refuse to use the ridiculous American date format :tongue:

Yeah. We still don't use the metric system in this country. I will never understand it...

America and the metric system that is.

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Yeah. We still don't use the metric system in this country. I will never understand it...

America and the metric system that is.

You're not using the standard 10 day week and hundred day year? Come on, America, keep up.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I just sing in :)

Thanks elastigirl for the info :)

I am at the wall assisted hand stand and can hold about 30 seconds for now. Get off the wall and hold longer are 2 of my goals for my challenge so this PVp is perfect :) 

Mathieu *Gamer Unleashed*,
Level 4 Hobit scout
STR 8|DEX 5|STA 7|CON 6|WIS 7|CHA 4

I learned today that headstands are infinitely easier than hand stands.  Had to prop myself up and walk up a wall before I could even do one of those.  I have a lot of work to do for it, but I'm definitely willing to try ^_^  Upper body training woo~

L2 Human Assassin

Con 3/Str 2/Wis 2/Dex 4/Int 2/Cha 1

Current Challenge: 

PVP Challenge: 1

Past Challenges: 1

I successfully managed to hold a free standing hand stand for about 10 seconds before I went back to putting a foot back on the wall

• Lvl 2 Human Vigilante (Ranger/Assassin Hybrid)

Current Attributes: Strength (STR)- 2 Dexterity (DEX) - 3 Stamina (STA) -3 Constitution (CON) -2 Wisdom (WIS) -3 Charisma (CHA) -2

Current Challenge:http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60461-the-arrow-back-from-the-dead/

Quote: Your Mind quits before Your Body ever will

I can hold a handstand with pretty nice form but only at most 4 seconds. I want to improve hold times, achieve at least a half pirouette, and continue my press work.

Novice Adventurer With My Sights Set On Allies Of An Assassin's Persuasion. 

My First Challenge    My Current Challenge

This day will never come again, so let me have this moment. -Tifa Lockhart.

Level 2 Assassin

STR 3| DEX 1STA 1| CON 2| WIS 3| CHA 3

Sign me up!  I can hold a "normal person" plank (as opposed to some kind of hardcore person plank) for a while...45-60 seconds?  Feels like I may have wrist mobility work to do before I actually put much weight on my hands.  My right wrist gets "angry" easily, particularly in the bent back/pushing position.  Usually I do pushups on closed fists/straight wrists...  Can I do a hand/fist-stand? :-)

Shall I add myself to the spreadsheet and start makin' tracks, so to speak?

quietmuse, level 4 fledgling assassin

STR 9 | DEX 7.5 | STA 10.5 | CON 5 | WIS 4 | CHA 4

My Blog

Challenge 4 | 3 |2 | 1

(archived)

Handstand PvP

So I practiced handstands at gymnastics. I got a seemingly random 5 second free standing, but they are usually 1 sometimes 2 sec. I did a 48 sec wall handstand (kicked up to it). Hmmm.

Cavilie - Level 4 Assassin

Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4

Handstand PVP

7 WIS|2 STA|4.25 CHA|7.75 DEX|1 CON|3.75 STR

"If you can’t take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It’s not safe out here. It’s wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it’s not for the timid."

Q, Star Trek: The Next Generation ('Q Who?')

Are we starting the count on the 5th of November or the 6th?

5th, I added the row to the spreadsheet.

the artist usually known as WALDGEIST

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

Star Wars: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #5B, #6, #6B, #10, #11, #16, #17, (Current Callenge)

TeenWolf: #7

SHIELD: #8, #12, #13, #14, #15

Magicians: #9

"It's never too late, to become what you could've been!"

Sign me up!  I can hold a "normal person" plank (as opposed to some kind of hardcore person plank) for a while...45-60 seconds?  Feels like I may have wrist mobility work to do before I actually put much weight on my hands.  My right wrist gets "angry" easily, particularly in the bent back/pushing position.  Usually I do pushups on closed fists/straight wrists...  Can I do a hand/fist-stand? :-)

Not really as you won't be able to balance with your fingers. You could get/make some parallettes though until you sorted out the mobility issues :)

5th, I added the row to the spreadsheet.

Fine, I just started the challenge on the 6th because I'm slow. :P And in Australia.

• Like 1

I am so lost in nanowrimo-land that I just discovered this was a thing yesterday! Can I sign up a few days late?

I can hold the plank position for 60 seconds and half-way up the wall (hands about 3.5 ft out) I can hold for 30 seconds. I haven't tried higher yet, still got some inversion fear going on. My brother dropped me on my head from an upside-down position on monkey bars once, so I blame him. :P

I have positional vertigo, meaning that there are some crystals bouncing around my ear canal that cause me disorientation and dizziness. I have strategies to knock the damned things back into place, but I'm concerned frequent inversion could exacerbate the condition. In light of that, I'll be taking this challenge slowly and carefully!

Level 4 Tiefling Assassin

STR 9 // DEX 5 // STA 5 // CON 9 // WIS 4 // CHA 8

I'll never love visible abs nearly as much as I love whiskey.

Challenges: One Two Three Four Current

Note to myself (and anyone that's interested): Practicing handstands not a family activity!

The kids were coming up to close while I was in the handstand. Now I'm all sore from yelling at them to get back. But...I definitely improved my holding times ;)

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

My dogs really like to walk around my handstand area. "Go away, go away!' is all my husband can hear from the other room when I am practicing.  And they love it when I do bodyweight stuff at home - they jump on me or lean on me or lick my face.... awful.

Cavilie - Level 4 Assassin

Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4

Handstand PVP

7 WIS|2 STA|4.25 CHA|7.75 DEX|1 CON|3.75 STR

"If you can’t take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It’s not safe out here. It’s wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it’s not for the timid."

Q, Star Trek: The Next Generation ('Q Who?')

My dog mostly likes to roll under me when I'm doing planks. She also brings her rope and hits me in the face with it because she thinks it's playtime. Hard to hold a position when I'm flinching and laughing!

Level 4 Tiefling Assassin

STR 9 // DEX 5 // STA 5 // CON 9 // WIS 4 // CHA 8

I'll never love visible abs nearly as much as I love whiskey.

Challenges: One Two Three Four Current